• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim Anniversary Edition announced (Nov 11)

elliot5

So question/s:

I haven't played since the initial release of the game. If I jump in on gamepass now will that be the best time as a PC player or do I want to wait until November for this? I don't really want to pay for 500 mod things or whatever but is what's coming worth the wait, or should I play now ?
Just get the special edition on game pass and start playing. The fishing can be patched in and played around with when it releases, same with all the other creation club inclusions (most of which you probably won't enable anyway). This version is just the special edition + mod things if you pay for them.

Zannegan

No interest in "porting" it to the FO76 system and allowing for some form of multiplayer, eh Bethesda? Too bad.

AnotherOne

TaO9omH.jpg

JRSKDjw.jpg

I don't really mind so much but Morrowind and Oblivion were both far more interesting than Skyrim was for me.
They should really be changing the name to The Eldest of Scrolls V: Skyrim - It's Older Than God Edition, at least jank will have probably have become fashionable again by the time the release next version of this game.

Last edited:

levyjl1988

Banned
Too bad I can't upgrade my Xbox 360 save of Skyrim to Xbox Series X. I remember putting 300 hours into Skyrim on 360 and cannot port over that save to continue where I left off. :(

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I had vanilla version. I thought that special edition will be the last Skyrim edition and i bought it last week for mods and dlcs and here we are. Fuck this editions really. Just patch your game and done with it. Now they probably pull(hide?) special from stores and you have to buy anniversary for mods etc, like they did to vanilla.

Last edited:

MrA

All the sporting made me think about how much of a shame it is Tiger LCD handhelds aren't a thing anymore because I really think there needs to be a tiger LCD version of Skyrim,

Soodanim

Gold Member
Given how strong the modding scene is, it will be a good time for people to get back into the game - at least on PC. By the time this releases you’ll be able to go onto the Nexus and install a complete mod list with one click, then jump into a nicely upgraded game with no worries.

Zannegan

How about The Elder Scrolls Online?
That's an option, certainly, but it's a totally different game with a different focus and feel. If I wanted an MMO in the same universe, I'd already be playing it. That goes for all the others who made Skyrim the obscebely high-selling game that it is but haven't touched ESO.

I'm looking for the classic retrofitted for multiplayer (and VR, if possible), even if it means rolling around as dragonborn clones a la Halo 1 or the Just Cause multiplayer mod.

Just a dream, I guess, but it would have been a nice surprise and seems totally doable since they already have it working in FO76. *shrug*

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
What a time to be a gamer. This fall you have Diablo 2, GTAV and Skyrim to look forward to.

That is straight up depressing. So glad I grew up in the 90s and early 00s.

Soodanim

Gold Member
What a time to be a gamer. This fall you have Diablo 2, GTAV and Skyrim to look forward to.

That is straight up depressing. So glad I grew up in the 90s and early 00s.
Nothing says safe money quite like re-re-releases

Don’t forget Quake Remastered, or whatever it is

fermcr

Just what everybody needs!... another version of Skyrim.

It's the Milk It Dry Edition of Skyrim.

Last edited:

Ellery

10 years. There was a time when we got 3 entirely new games in franchises within the span of 10 years, but now we get Skyrim and GTA remastered for the fourth time.

My favorite is still Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10 which we got in the span from 1997 to 2001. Yes within 4 years we got 4 of the greatest games ever made.

Top Bottom