• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hills is almost entirely confirmed

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I think it's a pretty safe bet to say it's coming. Ever since the FF Remake / Shenmue 3 reveal Sony has been adamant to please fans.

PT was huge. Everyone loved it. Konami was very pleased by the reception but canned it because of the dispute with Kojima. Makes sense that Sony approached and asked them to revive the whole thing and involve Kojima in one way or another (I do doubt he'll be director though). One more plus with the fans. One more boost for the PS5 - and one that is far more worth than all the aquisitions MS is making.

If my hunch is wrong and didn't do something like this they're dumb.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I can confirm a new Resident Evil will 100% sure happening...

You can quote me later on that.
Dude... GTA VI ?!
I've got a good authority on a rumor that the game is in the works. ROCKSTAR IS ACTIVELY WORKING ON NEW GTA GAME AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE CARS IN IT

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I think because of backwards compatibility limitations Silent Hill isn’t really well known, but then when you look at the franchise there’s only rumors surrounding it.

PjzB3eD.jpg

Carna

Banned
I believe the rumors, but the lack of any revealed information made us angry and hopeless. I believe the vgas, is the time of the reveal. If not. Go ahead pm votes to change my time to a "miyazakihateskojima" clone name :/

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Told you all that the tingles in my balls were correct. My balls never lie.

reforen

Several posts of Silent Hill confirmation is not going to magically develop the game and showcase it in the event you want, "Insiders" nowadays say anything to get social media interaction

Hunnybun

If you honestly believe we're getting a new Silent Hill game, then you should be sterililsed to prevent your retardation from being passed on to another generation.

I think it's about 70% likely to be true.

So I don't 'believe' it, I just think it's more likely than not at this point.

wipeout364

I don’t really want Silent Hills if it’s going to be what PT was; we have outlast, amnesia, Soma, Resident Evil and more. There is enough first person horror games now. I would prefer a third person game.

I don’t really want Silent Hills if it’s going to be what PT was; we have outlast, amnesia, Soma, Resident Evil and more. There is enough first person horror games now. I would prefer a third person game.

Nah. It just took the industry ages to realise horror games are infinitely better in first person. Action horror? TPS is fine. But people don't want that en masse. It would be bad business at this point to not do it in first person. Think of all the extra twitch yt coverage it would get for free being in first person.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
While I do still want a Hideo Kojima Silent Hill I don't think I want Silent Hill's as it existed, a lot has happened since then and we've had a lot of P.T rip offs, Visage has done P.T already and Resident Evil has gone the First Person route too.
So if he gonna do it then make it like the originals.
Even if it has segments that are first person, that's cool.
But we don't need another FPH game.
We need another RE2Remake
As evident by the disappointment of the RE8 reveal.
Nah. It just took the industry ages to realise horror games are infinitely better in first person. Action horror? TPS is fine. But people don't want that en masse. It would be bad business at this point to not do it in first person. Think of all the extra twitch yt coverage it would get for free being in first person.
Clearly not true, the best horror games are 3rd person.
And as much as you might love RE7, RE2Remake is leagues ahead of it in every department.
With RE2remake they even experimented with a first person mode and realized there was more tension in the 3rd person perspective.
Unless "jump scares" is the only thing you want from a horror game.
While I understand this is an effective tactic and give people a belief that = scarer
Not everyone reacts to jump scares.
RE7 failed miserably with this and got more giggles and eye rolls then actual scares
Tension and dread is the tools of the masters of horror and when done right can raise actual real fear above anything a jump scare can do.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
It will be the final nail for logical people. There will still be people claiming its coming. Just look at when a dev said Demon Souls had no rt. Embarrassingly enough people were still saying it did regardless of what a bluepoint dev said.

You’re exactly right. People just want to believe what they’re predisposed to.

MiguelItUp

Again, here we are hoping for the best. Next week we should find out, lmao.

If it's there, incredible. If not, welp, I don't want to see anymore of these threads until it's confirmed lmao.

Top Bottom