• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill gets an official twitter account. What could this possibly mean?

What could this possibly mean?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Holammer

Imagine Konami releasing a digital Pachinko (Pinball FX3 style) based on Silent hill for consoles and PC.
It would be the ultimate troll move, plus there's probably an untapped market waiting for the product and there are plenty of machines to convert.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don’t really care what consoles any potential Silent Hill game comes to, as long as the game takes full advantage of next generation technology. Not going to pretend I wouldn’t be a bit worried about that not happening if it’s on Xbox. A Ps5 exclusive would guarantee it being a pure next gen experience, so that would be my preference.

There's a lot of smoke now for there not to be a fire, and I can absolutely see it getting farmed out to Sony for a low effort, high reward reboot.

Fuck Konami though.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
MS have already paid for timed exclusivity on The Medium, I doubt they’d want to pay to cannibalise those sales for Silent Hill. Little chance of it being an Xbox exclusive.

The brand and fan base are probably worth a fair bit, I reckon Konami would look for some exclusivity payment or (more likely) licence the IP.

That said, my votes goes to Konami just not giving a shit and all the rumours are bullshit. No announcement, no game, no chance.

mcz117chief

A whole lot of disappointment is what it is. I would love to be wrong but I don't think they will ever be able to capture the magic of the original Silent Hill games ever again.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Is that a new logo?

Plot twist

Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png

It’s a new version of the original Silent Hill logo.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I honestly don't care if a new, true, Silent Hill is multi or (PS5) exclusive, a just want a new awesome title.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
My prediction:

If it's multi-platform suddenly everyone won't care about another boring remake.

If it's exclusive to one platform or another, it will be hyped as the second coming of gaming christ.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It will be revealed eventually. Just hope it's actually good. Everything after SH4 sucked ass.

Arguably, 4 sucks a fair amount of ass itself. Mostly to do with the fact it was never meant to be a mainline SH game, and that shows.

I'd rather they went for a proper, decent reboot, than try to continue any story threads that have been left dangling. Recapture the feel, tone and story telling style of the original trilogy and ignore everything else. And no fucking Pyramid Head.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
When Xbox does it, it's ok...
Only because it's nice to watch smug, entitled PlayStation warriors get what's coming to them once in a while.

The best warrior “I do not care much, do not mind being a hypocrite, just like to see this make you lot mad... will pretend this never happened next time Phil makes another holier than though self righteous statement accusing the competition of something his company is doing or planning to do”... :LOL:.

FranXico

The best warrior “I do not care much, do not mind being a hypocrite, just like to see this make you lot mad... will pretend this never happened next time Phil makes another holier than though self righteous statement accusing the competition of something his company is doing or planning to do”... :LOL:.
That's why I went along with the joke. Let's stop feeding anyone's anger though.

Last edited:
I think it will be multiplat if it comes. It's not big enough for an exclusive deal, the sales figures of the whole series for the last 20 years are not very impressive.

The only way it will be exclusive is if Sony or Microsoft fund it themselves. Anyone else and it will probably be a multiplat.

As much as i want a new Silent Hill, i don’t believe that the Sony made Silent Hill rumor is true.

No, but considering the credible sources talking about how much they've been supposedly throwing money around for third-party exclusives, also the fact that PT is still begged for, I wouldn't doubt they checkbooked it.

Top Bottom