• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sigrblot Season Free Update - Assassin's Creed Valhalla

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From 29th July to 19th August, take part in the Sigrblot Festival, marking the beginning of the Raiding Season with a large bonfire at the center of the settlement for communal offerings to the gods. New quests, exclusive rewards and even... one-handed swords await you.

Kuranghi

I swear I don't try to look for silliness but every time I watch any AC: Valhalla footage it takes less than a minute until something happens that makes me laugh out loud, its very unintentionally hiliarous.

That part in this trailer was when Eivor picked up the sword and said "This has a good weight to it!" while she moves it around at light speed like a foam sword showing it clearly has no weight in the context of the animation :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Exentryk

None of it seems interesting. They need to just move on to the next game, and make combat more fun with cool abilities (unlike the useless stuff in Valhalla). Odyssey did it better in this aspect.

TheKratos

I swear I don't try to look for silliness but every time I watch any AC: Valhalla footage it takes less than a minute until something happens that makes me laugh out loud, its very unintentionally hiliarous.

That part in this trailer was when Eivor picked up the sword and said "This has a good weight to it!" while she moves it around at light speed like a foam sword showing it clearly has no weight in the context of the animation :messenger_tears_of_joy:.
Maybe good weight in her eyes is light weight >_>?

EDMIX

None of it seems interesting. They need to just move on to the next game, and make combat more fun with cool abilities (unlike the useless stuff in Valhalla). Odyssey did it better in this aspect.

Who is they?

The part of the team thats making this DLC isn't the entire team that makes AC, that part of the team has literally already moved on to the next AC.

Kenpachii

are these festivals even worth it? the last time i booted the game up with the first dlc i did the festival and it was like 1 quest done in 10 minutes.

EDMIX

are these festivals even worth it? the last time i booted the game up with the first dlc i did the festival and it was like 1 quest done in 10 minutes.

Is it sorta like in Red Dead 2 were they'd do things around the camp fire? I like it for small feels moments, but....no reason to be out here labeling such things as "quest" lol

Ubisoft you sly mutherfuckers!

anthony2690

Banned
Not too interested in these times festivals.
Seems like such an odd thing to have.

Is the druid dlc worth playing if I enjoyed the base game?

& Is the Paris dlc the last dlc of the season pass?

If so, I may grab the pass next time it's on sale or have the reward points built up, whichever happens first.

Kenpachii

Is it sorta like in Red Dead 2 were they'd do things around the camp fire? I like it for small feels moments, but....no reason to be out here labeling such things as "quest" lol

Ubisoft you sly mutherfuckers!

Aha, well i just did it before the druid dlc, was i was like lets complete it. But it was so short not sure if i would call it content. I expected a few hours worth or something or at least a hour.

Not too interested in these times festivals.
Seems like such an odd thing to have.

Is the druid dlc worth playing if I enjoyed the base game?

& Is the Paris dlc the last dlc of the season pass?

If so, I may grab the pass next time it's on sale or have the reward points built up, whichever happens first.

Paris is probably last from season pass, i heard they where going to do a year 2 one. could be because of the next game moving to next gen solutions so they need more time to push it out or whatever.

Still have to do the druid dlc myself, i was thinking about doing it this weekend. From what i saw however the hour of exploring and hour of questing as the game crashed over and over again on its release of the dlc i bailed and didn't return just yet.

It's more of the same of the main game, only now u got a new story with a small part of the island u can explore not even the entire thing it seems like as part of it is cut off from what i remember.

Explored the island however, but didn't saw much noteable area's that where completely different. I expected a more like norway type of setup, but its more of england from what i saw.

Kuranghi

Maybe good weight in her eyes is light weight >_>?

Sorry pal, sorry I'm making fun of something you like, but its quite silly to me, I wasn't looking for problems that just stood out to me. As a massive fan of AC previously, I just wish they would go back to doing more accurate motion capture/better animations and take more care for moments like this, thats a bit part of why I used to love these games and now thats all fallen to the wayside so I'm left with stuff I'm not interested in.

TheKratos

Sorry pal, sorry I'm making fun of something you like, but its quite silly to me, I wasn't looking for problems that just stood out to me. As a massive fan of AC previously, I just wish they would go back to doing more accurate motion capture/better animations and take more care for moments like this, thats a bit part of why I used to love these games and now thats all fallen to the wayside so I'm left with stuff I'm not interested in.
Lol I was taking the piss out of Valhalla. I played the game, didn't finish it though but I know the game is full of wonky animations.

Top Bottom