• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu |OT| Old Boy

cormack12

Gold Member
7BbfGyS.jpg

wdDfnFc.jpg

5Q2rB6o.jpg
7Y27iI7.jpg

n8DI3u4.jpg

jJCd9cl.jpg

21HMX9B.jpg

YkEbqKG.jpg

5Q2rB6o.jpg
7Y27iI7.jpg

rJIHKXA.jpg

Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT

Last edited:

Arun1910

I didn't know about the aging/death concept, that's pretty cool.

Will wait for reviews but this game is definitely on my radar, gave me "The Raid" vibes when I saw the first trailer and I've wanted something akin to that or Sleeping Dogs combat for years.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Thanks for the OT! Good job!

Still no pre-load!?

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
This concept of 3D beat them all/rogue like with kung fu sleak animations and ageing is quite original and engaging for me. This is definitely the kind of game i like.

MiguelItUp

I didn't realize the Deluxe Edition provided early play, went ahead and pulled the trigger. If it's not good, there's always the return policy. But this game is a gamble I'm willing to take. Thanks for the reminder Bartski Bartski !

Bartski

Gold Member
preload isn't live yet and the unlock timer just moved to... 14 days from now. Huh?

Last edited:

rubhen925

Got a review copy of the game. Here's some PS5 Gameplay. Publisher mentioned PS5 is targeting 4K 60FPS.

- game does tend to drop frames a couple times during a level transition through doors etc.
- Sometimes the game becomes ridiculously hard lol
- I'm only in level 3 of 5. 2nd boss took me half a day to master
- camera is the worst enemy. If an enemy pushes you close to a wall, the camera goes bonkers and enemies gang up on you.
- I feel the enemies do way more damage and have more health from the press preview build.
- If you die and lose all your medallions the game is over and you have to restart the levels.
- when you die you can get back up but you age. Meaning more damage from the player but you also take a ton more damage. Seems cruel since the enemies do so much already.
- you get a checkpoint each time you interact with a collectible, upgrade statues, or even some tough encounters. Plan accordingly.
- Oh you can play as a girl lol. They never showed this yet.
- upgrades you earn through a level can be lost if you die and have to restart. The rogue lite feature starts here. But if you grind xp you can unlock skills permanently by buying them 6 times. Making the game a hell of a grind.

PS5 Gameplay 4K 60FPS

Last edited:

faisalasif

Hi , I got a chance to play SIFU on PS5 early. I had a lot of fun while playing the game.The combat is extremely challenging and Boss fight are hard.It took around 3 days to finish the game .You need to discover shortcuts and that that will help you to end the game much faster. There are total 5 boss fights.

Stroy line:
Sifu is the story of a young Kung Fu student on a path of revenge, hunting for the murderers of his family. One against all, he has no allies, and countless enemies. He has to rely on his unique mastery of Kung Fu as well mysterious pendant to prevail, and preserve his family’s legacy...

SIFU PS5 Gameplay (Full game)​

Ezquimacore

Banned
After seeing some gameplay, this game looks kinda unfinished, just like Absolver. They develop great ideas but the full package seems a bit uninteresting.

Filben

- Oh you can play as a girl lol. They never showed this yet.
They actually did but it was subtle. In one of the latest trailers you could see a tiny sequence with the female protagonist. They didn't advertise this, however.

I'll probably wait for the Steam release.

TrebleShot

Botched early access with this one.
No one who pre ordered on PS5 has access to the game.

Seemingly PSN engineers are off on Sundays…

oh really lol. I read it in reviews. Maybe they were just bad :D

The game is not as difficult as some of those reviewers make it out to be. Polygon is notorious for sucking at games and so are other outlets that like to bitch and moan.

The combat in this game is not that difficult if you put in some time and a bit of practice. You don't even need the abilities, you can fly through with basic skills if you know how the game works

Bartski

Gold Member
Botched early access with this one.
No one who pre ordered on PS5 has access to the game.

Seemingly PSN engineers are off on Sundays…
no such thing, it's a 24/7 sales operation. It might take way longer to resolve tho as they need to pull in people on-call, I'm guessing the build is fine as both review and early twitch promo copies work so it really is a PSN problem.

Concern

The game is not as difficult as some of those reviewers make it out to be. Polygon is notorious for sucking at games and so are other outlets that like to bitch and moan.

The combat in this game is not that difficult if you put in some time and a bit of practice. You don't even need the abilities, you can fly through with basic skills if you know how the game works

You played the game already?

Majukun

saw a video of it and game looks ok but nothing groundbreaking..i expected a lot more environment interaction, context sensitive stuff and variety in general..maybe pad in hand will be another story, but i'll hold on a day one purchase for now

Concern

Yes we reviewed and had it for 2 weeks.

They sent us 2 copies. I did the guides and the other individual reviewed it.

Ok so I don't feel like I have to buy day one. Will just wait till I upgrade to a Ps5 or it comes Xbox. Whichever comes first

Top Bottom