• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sifu final update coming September 2023

John Bilbo

I’m always tempted by this but I’ve heard it’s not very generous with shortcuts. It sounds uber frustrating.
It is definitely not for you if you are prone to frustration when having to repeat the same sections again and again until you get it right.

About shortcuts there is one bigger shortcut in the first level that takes the player quite near the final boss of the stage. I cannot speak for the other levels yet as I'm just in the second stage now.

I'd say if you like Sekiro, Streets of Rage series or God Hand you will probably like or love this game.

It is definitely not for you if you are prone to frustration when having to repeat the same sections again and again until you get it right.

About shortcuts there is one bigger shortcut in the first level that takes the player quite near the final boss of the stage. I cannot speak for the other levels yet as I'm just in the second stage now.

I'd say if you like Sekiro, Streets of Rage series or God Hand you will probably like or love this game.
All stages has shortcuts.

Roberts

Bought it day one on xbox, but only got to play it for an hour. Seemed super good, but priorities, man.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I couldn't play because it was causing pain in my hand muscles. It's a great game though. I'm thinking of trying it again after this update. It's still unfortunate that I have the same hands.

splattered

Sifu is on sale on Xbox right now for like $16... i am tempted but looking at reviews and on forums pretty much everyone says it's fun but super hard. And short. I know they added a bunch of free content but i'm not sure if i want to beat my head against the wall repeatedly with this game? I also picked up Streets of Rage 4 and TNMT Shredder's Revenge which i'm super excited to finally get into as i do enjoy beat em ups. Are the initial complaints about Sifu more or less sorted with the content updates it has received since launch?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Sifu is on sale on Xbox right now for like $16... i am tempted but looking at reviews and on forums pretty much everyone says it's fun but super hard. And short. I know they added a bunch of free content but i'm not sure if i want to beat my head against the wall repeatedly with this game? I also picked up Streets of Rage 4 and TNMT Shredder's Revenge which i'm super excited to finally get into as i do enjoy beat em ups. Are the initial complaints about Sifu more or less sorted with the content updates it has received since launch?
The game is 1000% all about mass amounts of death and repetition. If you have no tolerance for that, its hard to recommend to you. You may not even get through boss #2. If you dont mind losing though its some of the best 3d beat em up combat of all time.

Streets of Rage 4 is literally the best beat em up ever made. I put 300 hours into it. It has tech depth like a fighting game. Play it over and over. Online coop is fun.

proandrad

With that price, I expect this game to hit psplus/gamepass soon.

Top Bottom