• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shroud follows Ninja in moving to Mixer

MiguelItUp

If I were a moderately successful streamer I'd use Twitch to build my community/viewer base and then migrate ASAP. Twitch, while still a great and awesome platform, has just been handled so poorly for TOO long now. The amount of streamers receiving bans or suspensions for something incredibly small/no reason is insane. Especially while so many cam girls/thots/e-girls practically get away with murder.

Twitch needs some good competition, that being said, Mixer also has a lot of growing up to do. Acquiring big names will help numbers to an extent, but they need to focus on the platform and its functionality.

I you don't know who the guy is, you could Google his name faster than coming in a thread, asking who, and waiting for a reply. That is, if you truly want an answer. If you're just saying "who" to show how cool you are to be out of the loop (has that ever been a thing?), then congratulations. You're out of the loop and oh so cool because of it.

Max_Po

Banned
can't get exclusives... lets get others playing exclusives...

tenor.gif

I don't follow any of these streamers.... play the freaking game yourself instead of watching some purple haired clown....

Both Ninja and Shroud are huge, but this is still not gonna be enough. MS needs to think outside the box instead of just moneyhat... The MS way.

That said I hope Twitch burns, fuck them.

can't get exclusives... lets get others playing exclusives...

tenor.gif

I don't follow any of these streamers.... play the freaking game yourself instead of watching some purple haired clown....

ok boomer

Max_Po

Banned
Both Ninja and Shroud are huge, but this is still not gonna be enough. MS needs to think outside the box instead of just moneyhat... The MS way.

That said I hope Twitch burns, fuck them.

ok boomer

They have been writing cheques since the old Bioshock **exclusive** days... I hope MS burns first....

I hope it starts with someone's ass hair ... at MS....

nemiroff

Gold Member
Again, Literally Who

I know what you mean.. with that said, he got one million dollars from EA for streaming a little bit of Apex Legends to his six million followers when it was released.. Yeah he's a big Twitch streamer alright.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, this is crazy. I wish we could find out what these deals are. Shroud and Ninja were both making a killing on Twitch, so putting every chip into the Mixer pot is a huge risk.

Unless, of course, you get MS to agree to a deal where they're paying you basically what you were already making and you still get to rake in your tips, ad revenue, and sponsor money on top of it. Then, even if your viewership drops massively, you're still making more than you were on Twitch.

ZywyPL

Banned
Damn, this is crazy. I wish we could find out what these deals are.

The thing is - they got a deal to begin with. They have a guaranteed money, no matter if they stream for 100k, 10k or just their own parents. Because what Twitch or YT give? A partnership? Does it give money from all the Adblock/uBlock suspended ads? Obviously not. So the streamers are left on the mercy of subscriptions and donations anyway, which obviously isn't that much. Plus, Twitch's recent politics and practices just beg for the service to sunk.

Last edited:

Banned
this is honestly a bigger deal than Ninja even imo

Ninja is very Fortnite focused atm. but Shroud is very much a variety streamer, has has his go to games but he has a nore diverse audience I think.

Ten_Fold

I can see Microsoft Buying all popular twitch streamers, make them play halo infinite and new exclusives for the new Xbox. I’m glad though I want mixer to become bigger because twitch is awful, you have girls who you can CLEARLY see that they are basically there to promote nude videos, mixer ain’t having that.

waylo

Banned
Where do I begin?

"We take context into account", meanwhile they ban a streamer for something someone other than him said in his game. Banning streamers for doing yoga in GTAV that is apparently too "sexually suggestive", meanwhile their IRL section has dozens of women wearing basically their bras and panties doing yoga, showing their ass and tits, painting their bodies, etc... all while hocking their private snap chats. And that's just within the last couple days. Every week they make themselves look like idiots.

They're a fucking joke.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Ninjas numbers dropped in the toiler compared to twitch, so will Shrouds, but they got paid millions so why would they care I guess,

Casual twitch fans still won't make the jump to mixer. Microsoft would need to get way to many of twitch streamers onto their service to make a dent.

Grinchy

Banned
I wonder what the plan is, moving forward. Are they going to set the precedent that they will pay streamers a guaranteed salary if they're big enough?

What's stopping them from offering "small" twitch streamers who make $100K per year from taking a deal with Mixer for $45K/year guaranteed and then tips, ad revenue, and sponsors are all yours still? You'd have the potential to make more than before (even with a smaller audience) but with the safety net of a contract.

Streamers who currently make like $200K on Twitch would probably accept $100K guaranteed with all other revenue streams still bringing in money to go on top of the salary. Microsoft could pretty "cheaply" snag a huge roster of mid-level Twitch streamers for what they'd just consider a little investment. And in the meantime, they're still snagging the big ones as well, like Shroud and Ninja.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
Dont mind Shroud coming to Mixer, he's much better than that buffoon Ninja.
Yeah, i might have to actually get Mixer to work in my browser now.

I wonder if Twitch is really fucking up behind the scenes---other than the obvious stuff---and/or if Microsoft is simply writing some Epic checks.

Stuart360

I wonder if Twitch is really fucking up behind the scenes---other than the obvious stuff---and/or if Microsoft is simply writing some Epic checks.
I watch a lot of Mixer, its actually really good as a lot of the streamers are 'normal' streamers, not the idiot ones with silly voices and over the top acting. The seems to be a lot more adults watching Mixer, than annoying trolling kids like on Twitch.
With Microsofts money behind Mixer, Twitch really needs to watch out.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

It's a little of both. Can't say too much, but they tried to get Dr. D at some point, too, but apparently, he's a total shit to work with, so that fell through.

Lucumo

What does that have to do with videogames? Or is that not a requirement on Twitch anymore?
That hasn't been a requirement for years...basically as soon as they saw that desperate losers throw tons of money at camwhores which they, of course, profit from.

And also Twitch will now have to become a much better platform or most of it's streamers will move to Mixer

Last edited:
Top Bottom