• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Complete Edition) announced (PS4/XB1/Switch/PC)

sol_bad

I remember this being really hard, like, I couldn't even finish the first stage.
Are there any secret gameplay tricks I'm missing?

Bakkus

Hated the movie. This has always looked like a low rent Castle Crashers to me, but I wanna give it a try, still.

linkroi

Oh !!! Scott Pilgrim was one of those games who never had a pc release version, so i'm glad to read that a proper pc version will be available anytime soon ! I was planning to play it with a friend someday on rpcs3 but this is even better !

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
It was delisted eon's ago (well...in video game time I guess) and people have pissed and moaned about that incessantly. Cool that it is getting a re-release though. Also, play Double Dragon Neon.
I bought DD Neon, but unfortunately it runs like shit on PC. Definitely going to pick this up on Steam, though.

SkylineRKR

I remember this being really hard, like, I couldn't even finish the first stage.
Are there any secret gameplay tricks I'm missing?

Grind. You just need to grind money to buy stats. The game is never autopilot easy, but fully decked out its significantly easier to get far on one life. I think you can level up in shops within the stages themselves, but its been a long time. Also, pay off the debt when you have the chance lol.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Yeah the game isn't that great. At first I loved it, the graphics and OST but the gameplay is rather average and in the beginning you can't do shit. Had to grind quite a bit for it to become fun. There wasn't even co-op IIRC. There are better beat em ups out there. But the game has some excellent fan service.
There was absolutely coop, my wife, daughter and I all played together pretty often on the PS3 version.

Ozzie666

So it's a bit like River City Ransom?
Why is this game so popular because it was made unavailable?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
I am guessing you were born in the early or mid 90s after the time of the NES.

I was born 85 and started with the NES when I was 3; I love NES music, when it's actually authentic.

This style is not it though.

It not being accurate is precisely why I don't like it.

See Mutant Mudds or The Messenger for similar faux NES music.

I hate chiptunes.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I was born 85 and started with the NES when I was 3; I love NES music, when it's actually authentic.

This style is not it though.

It not being accurate is precisely why I don't like it.

See Mutant Mudds or The Messenger for similar faux NES music.

I hate chiptunes.
The OST works perfectly with the game though. You gotta trust me carlos. I actually saw these guys live 6/10 still better than country music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soodanim

I played through this via PS+ on the PS3, and it’s one of those games I probably wouldn’t have touched otherwise but I ended up playing through it all.

Being a beat ‘em up got me in
Chiptunes kept me there
Level up mechanics gave it a longer life

Not sure how much I want to play it again, but I definitely enjoyed it. I might pick it up on PC, partially for FOMO and partially because it was fun.

Miles708

Limited Run is making that physical

https://limitedrungames.com/collect...rim-vs-the-world-the-game-classic-edition-ps4

ScottPilgrim_MockUp_Market_Banner_Classic_PS4.png

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I tried River City Girls with GP and I dont like it (on your own) where as I loved Street Gangs on the NES. That, TMNT and Scott are my favourite beatmups.

KiteGr

Just looks like a Double Dragon rip off
There is so much wrong in this little post.

2iHBkpa.jpg

Double Dragon is not the only beat-em-up, nether the original. The first beat em ups when they got their current recognizable form where the 1rst and 3rd Kunio-kun games, localized as "Renegade" and "River city ransom" in America. The origial creator of Kunio-Kun later went and did Double Dragon as a more serious Americanised version of the formula, and a truck load of other beat-em-ups followed in the 90s. Calling it a Double Dragon rip-off is like calling Rayman a Sonic rip-off.

ArUWEV0.png

Scott Pilgrim is an amazing 6 volume comic series about a useless teenager who falls for a girl and has to win the right to date her by defeating her 7 evil ex's. It references and parodies nerd culture at every corner while having a great story underneath. A live action movie was made in 2009 called "Scott Pilgrim vs the world" that condenses and often alters the comic, but otherwise it's a fantastic watch. The above game was made to coincide with the movie, but unlike the cheap licensed movie tie-in cash-grabs that where coming out at the time, this one was excellently made, paying homage to beat-em-ups of old (mainly "River City Ransom") and and video games in general, and seems to be closer to the comic.

One would expect that you'll know at least one of the above.

DESTROYA

There is so much wrong in this little post.

2iHBkpa.jpg

Double Dragon is not the only beat-em-up, nether the original. The first beat em ups when they got their current recognizable form where the 1rst and 3rd Kunio-kun games, localized as "Renegade" and "River city ransom" in America. The origial creator of Kunio-Kun later went and did Double Dragon as a more serious Americanised version of the formula, and a truck load of other beat-em-ups followed in the 90s. Calling it a Double Dragon rip-off is like calling Rayman a Sonic rip-off.

ArUWEV0.png

Scott Pilgrim is an amazing 6 volume comic series about a useless teenager who falls for a girl and has to win the right to date her by defeating her 7 evil ex's. It references and parodies nerd culture at every corner while having a great story underneath. A live action movie was made in 2009 called "Scott Pilgrim vs the world" that condenses and often alters the comic, but otherwise it's a fantastic watch. The above game was made to coincide with the movie, but unlike the cheap licensed movie tie-in cash-grabs that where coming out at the time, this one was excellently made, paying homage to beat-em-ups of old (mainly "River City Ransom") and and video games in general, and seems to be closer to the comic.

One would expect that you'll know at least one of the above.
I don’t need a history lesson bro.
I read the entire series and thought it was very boring , I was being told how great it was and almost quit a few times but new I would get shit from people suggesting the series saying “ Bro ! You didn’t read the whole thing.”
I did and didn’t like it , the whole story is cringe especially Scott that comes across like a pedophile dating a underage high school girl .
It was not just my thing 🤷‍♂️ and I actually like DD games and had a blast playing them growing up.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So hyped for this! Picking up the physical version on switch first thing I can. Still debating on getting the Collectors edition or regular.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don’t need a history lesson bro.
I read the entire series and thought it was very boring , I was being told how great it was and almost quit a few times but new I would get shit from people suggesting the series saying “ Bro ! You didn’t read the whole thing.”
I did and didn’t like it , the whole story is cringe especially Scott that comes across like a pedophile dating a underage high school girl .
It was not just my thing 🤷‍♂️ and I actually like DD games and had a blast playing them growing up.
Scott is a POS and I have no idea how he even got a girl in the first place. I also didn't like the story in either the comic or movie but the game is solid.

Knightime_X

.....nobody is saying it wasn't, but THIS GAME is not an x360 game, I dunno why you are so confused.
It's an Xbox 360 game but it's not an Xbox 360 game? k
You mean it's an Xbox 360 game ported to Xbox one.
We'll find out if it says I own the game or if it makes me pay again come the 13th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom