• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCORN – Prologue Gameplay Walkthrough (8 Mins)

ryzen1

I don't know. This feels so empty and disgusting.
Wonder if that game appeals to a lot of players. Can't imagine playing this for several hours.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Every gameplay I've seen of this in the last 10 years look exactly the same and slow... I will paly it but every time I see it, I am less excited

jaysius

Banned
Wow, thats some slow gameplay, which is good because the atmosphere is amazing.

They're not going to sell any games with these 8 minutes, but they're being truly honest about what the game is, so many games do quick sizzle and then are nothing like that sizzle.

Hopefully it doesn't have too many bad chase sequences like many indie FPS and even RE7 and 8.

A walking sim with a bit of shooting and lots of alien dicks and vag.

Last edited:
Well, may have a scary game for Halloween 🎃 😬 looks quite puzzle oriented which is fine by be. Looks very nice graphically as well (best hands and arms I've seen in a game 😅).

tommib

Looks tremendously good and totally my thing. Excellent! Now to know if I play it on xcloud or wait a year for the PS5 release.

tommib

Nobody is gonna play this. I see it hard bombing.
Go Away Movie GIF by MOODMAN

GymWolf

Jesus the sound design on that little mutant with a fucked up face...

I love how disgusting the game is but i'm not sure if i can handle what is probably a puzzle game with some minor shooting.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Got a chance to check the preview as well. It's the prologue, basically the first 35-40 mins. Depending on how long the sliding pods puzzle takes you. I was expecting more involvement from the enemies and more gore, and some gunplay. But the beginning is a slow build. Creepiness is all over the environment, and the best word to use is Unsettling. Game gave me shudders in some parts. So far mostly puzzles involving the environment. You get this piston pushing gun close to end of the level. It's basically a tool to unlock objects. You can also use it on enemies (well more of environmental hazards), to break them. Kind of cool looking.

It seems each area can be tackled a couple ways, for example
the creature you find in the pod, you can either kill it, mutilate it and use it's hand, to unlock the door, or free it, make it follow you, and get it's hand stuck on the door to allow you to proceed
. Kind of interesting this one.

I got a lot to say, but I'll put that in the write up, but so far the game is definitely intriguing in a weird way.

Here's my run through the prologue. If you guys have questions, let me know. I'll try my best to answer them.

Did you really left the little fella chained into that door mechanism? kind of a bitch move.

skit_data

Aesthetics look really cool, gameplay looks really boring.
If it reviews well I’ll check it out if it ever releases on PS5.

scydrex

Watched it and i was bored to death. I forgot this game was on development. The initial announcement was in 2014 i think?

SCB3

Hmm, I'm not sold on this really, could be a fun experience but is there any combat or enemies or is this more Myst?

tommib

So many moaners. Be thankful there’s a couple of studios making conceptual high-budget atmospheric games that are not an open-world bloated generic fuckfest plagued with markers, Google maps instructions and brain numbing dialogue-heavy fetch quests.

Don’t complain when everything turns into an Ubisoft game and there’s no money left for a couple of risky projects. FFS.

So many moaners. Be thankful there’s a couple of studios making conceptual high-budget atmospheric games that are not an open-world bloated generic fuckfest plagued with markers, Google maps instructions and brain numbing dialogue-heavy fetch quests.

Don’t complain when everything turns into an Ubisoft game and there’s no money left for a couple of risky projects. FFS.
Looks good to me, always have moaners regardless the game.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Absolutely disgusting....I can't wait. The atmosphere, the sound design. I think this could be qn amazing experi3nce...for all the wrong reasons

This is like uber high end PC footage right. The textures and overall graphics are insane.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well, at least it’s different.

Will definitely be playing. Hope it gets properly scary and nasty as it goes along.

seriously - walking around inside large intestines that have levers & door = 'atmospheric game'?...

Buggy Loop

seriously - walking around inside large intestines that have levers & door = 'atmospheric game'?...

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Imagine thinking that exploring a Cronenberg/Giger’esque alien world is not atmospheric 😂

Please show me what you think is atmospheric, cannot wait to make dumb simplifications of it to say it’s not atmospheric.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Imagine thinking that exploring a Cronenberg/Giger’esque alien world is not atmospheric 😂

Please show me what you think is atmospheric, cannot wait to make dumb simplifications of it to say it’s not atmospheric.
yharnam (bloodborne), rapture (bioshock), arkham asylum, saint denis (red dead redemption 2) - imaginative, elaborate, engaging environments...

that's my idea of 'atmospheric'. if you feel the same way about large intestines with levers & doors, good on ya. we've all got our opinions..

Stuart360

Just watched this version -

Man the atmosphere this game brings from the visuals to the sound design, its just atmosphere like not many games can bring. It really captivated me. cant wait!.

Also i'm glad for the slow disgusting slog through this repulsive world. I dont know why people seem to think it should play like DOOM or soemthing. The atmosphere would be completely lost in that style imo.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks like the focus is getting immersed while exploring and doing weird shit.

All in, bring it on.

Top Bottom