• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin Sells 1.5 Million Units Worldwide

GIPHEZVb0AAmCf4

Developer Edelweiss has announced that their farming action game Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin has sold over 1.5 million units worldwide. This news coincides with the recently announced anime adaptation planned to be aired in 2024 by studio P.A. Works. Additionally, this sales figure accounts for both physically sold units and digitally sold ones, as well as Steam.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is a farming action game with farming elements. Players will be able to use farm tools as weapons and chain together various attacks with the help of a scarf that can grapple enemies. Furthermore, players can craft items and gather materials for their farm. As Sakuna’s crops grow, she gets stronger.

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is available now on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
had no idea with the anime adaption, but as long as they keep the artstyle is will be better than 95% of the isekai trash we get every season, its nice to just have a fantasy world thats its own with characters that from there (and yes I realise the farming family are from our world and pass over into the land of the gods, but their from the time myths and legends like these where seen as a reality for many)

enjoyed my time with it, it reminds me Dave the Diver is set up in many ways, in that you have the action stages which are side scrolling and then the part where you manage the farm with minigames.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Very respectable, and based on the numbers on their website, it looks like it's consistently selling over the years.

Last edited:

IAmRei

i tried on ps5 few months ago. looking great and inspiring. but again, i dont have much time for other game at the time.

Chastten

Banned

Cool, didn't know that!

PA Works are lowkey one of my fave studio's, despite them not always getting the same kind of attention other studio's get. Aquatope on White Sand, Hanasaku Iroha, Maquia and Sakura Quest are all among my personal favorites as they hit really personal notes for me, and I also really liked Iroduku: the World in Colors and a few others. Curious what they'll make of this!

Top Bottom