• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sabre Wulf

I got this game a few days ago to review it. So far I've got 6 of the 8 amulet pieces required to seal the wulf back. I'm assuming the game ends then or soon thereafter I get them all.

The game is pretty good fun. Levels start with you running through them to get the treasure at the end. On the way you've got to deal with all sorts of different enemies. To help you, there are a whole bunch of creatres you can use to fight back. Once you get to the end of the level and snag the treasure the game turns around and it's a race back to the finish while being chased by the sabre wulf. The gameplay is fun, the levels start off sorta like a puzzla game (how do I get past these baddies?) it switches to really fast-paced platforming.

I'm amazed that this is a Rare game because I'm not collecting anything. There's treasure, but that's just really a marker for the end of the level, and it can also get you money when sold. There's creatures, but I use them to fight. Unlike most other Rare games I don't feel like I'm collecting just for the sake of collecting (Banji, DK64, Star Fox Adventures).

Check it out, it's fun and I think it's only $20 in some places.

Mike

Sounds fun, thanks for the impressions. It sounds a bit short (not that there's anything wrong with that!). How long have you been playing it so far?

Mike said:
Sounds fun, thanks for the impressions. It sounds a bit short (not that there's anything wrong with that!). How long have you been playing it so far?

I've put in a few hours, I can't really say how long exactly. I'd wager that it takes somewhere around 30 to 45 minutes complete one of the "worlds."

There's also the challenge of getting a gold rating on the levels (very hard) and there's also a challenge speed mode where the enemies are removed and it's just a sprint to and from the treasure.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Going back over the levels later makes getting gold laughably easy in most cases.

There's another thread on the game here.

ruffles

I would get it, but I'm low on cash and I'm planning to get ToS first. :p

Is this game longer than Banjo GBA? I enjoyed it, but I hought it was a tad on the short side.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Is it retailing at 20 bucks? Or is that a sale? If it's that cheap out the door I'm going to grab it, I think it looks great.

Top Bottom