• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So were saying that the PS Blog post was a big platform to get the attention of industry big wigs like Geoff. So that begs the initial question you're casually trying to hand wave away which why a no name, failure dev that's working out of his bedroom with his mates and buying assets to flip got such a big platform in the 1st place. Likes that totally normal right???

That is Team Real's argument.. how can you say it's bizarre he got a PS Blog post, that it's too big of a platform for a no-name indie dev, but then claim it's weird that it could have garnered a GK follow? lol

I'm not saying it's a huge platform.. I'm also not the one claiming a Geoff Keighley follow is some rare earth element like you guys are.. he's just a dude on the internet who basically does game marketing for his job, whose job it is to pay attention to what games are coming out and maybe be involved in promoting them. So if one gets posted to the PS Blog that looks interesting.. that could very well be something he chooses to follow.

None of that is particularly strange... PS Blog isn't the biggest platform in the world, getting followed by Geoff isn't some massive rare accomplishment..

Faithless83

Banned
Jason Schrier said he asked Sony and Konami (and I think even Kojima) for comment and they did not respond.
There you have it. What does the "no comments" preceeds? A reveal...
What's happening next? An app to revel a "trailer with instructions"?
Why go through the trouble of having people breaking everything when you can just post a youtube video?

If it was nothing, I posted the link of Konami denying that a new game was in the works.
Now they choose to keep quiet even after how this is being discussed everywhere?

Same Konami that straight up deleted PT from the PSN? What a change of heart, right? :messenger_sunglasses:

TeamFake is in denial now.

That is Team Real's argument.. how can you say it's bizarre he got a PS Blog post, that it's too big of a platform for a no-name indie dev, but then claim it's weird that it could have garnered a GK follow? lol

I'm not saying it's a huge platform.. I'm also not the one claiming a Geoff Keighley follow is some rare earth element like you guys are.. he's just a dude on the internet who basically does game marketing for his job, whose job it is to pay attention to what games are coming out and maybe be involved in promoting them. So if one gets posted to the PS Blog that looks interesting.. that could very well be something he chooses to follow.

None of that is particularly strange... PS Blog isn't the biggest platform in the world, getting followed by Geoff isn't some massive rare accomplishment..
Could we please move on from the PSBlog and focus on how Konami/Sony/Kojima choose to keep quiet?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If it was nothing, I posted the link of Konami denying that a new game was in the works.
Now they choose to keep quiet even after how this is being discussed everywhere?
They did not only choose to keep quiet, they chose to capitalize with selling SH merch (oh the timing), and then use the similar forest backdrop to double down the troll, lol.
Could we please move on from the PSBlog and focus on how Konami/Sony/Kojima choose to keep quiet?
Especially when it was proven by a developer on another forum that getting a blog article published was no walk in the park. That there is indeed a vetting process.

But hey, that was 20 pages ago, so let's ignore that and pretend it wasn't said.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I just don't find that particularly remarkable; Konami has commented on Silent Hill rumors a couple of times.. they've also messed around with them before, and their merch account also might have been messing around this weekend. They denied anything in the works not that long ago though.. so a company that has teased people before, but when a spokesperson is interviewed, says nothing is really in the works.. could just be happy the franchise still gets attention and is trying to sell merch.. I mean what company with an actual big game coming out would use this to sell shit merch as part of the path to announcing a game? Sony barely says shit about anything, ever lol

You guys haven't really commented on anything I've brought up either. That Blue Box has only ever produced total crap, the fact he obviously was some amateur trying to mimic Kojima in 2015 with obvious references to PT in his failed KickStarter.. the evidence of lying on his web site that makes it pretty clear he's been BS'ing about people working for him since 2015, etc. Explain how any of that ends up at a Silent Hill deal.. or how any of that ends up with him being used as a front for Kojima. People claiming Kojima hiring actors matches this garbage dev being used? Makes no damn sense lol

All of this is mostly a very "internet people" thing.. we are "internet people" who spent way too many hours thinking about something that other people with a lot of shit to do in their day jobs haven't... stop focusing on what people "aren't doing" and focus on what Blue Box "has done."

And for all we know Sony is now looking into this guy wondering WTF he's doing lol

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Perhaps he lucked out in some way, and after friday will be delisted if he doesn't deliver anything. What you claim makes sense though, as you say he's a bedroom developer. Info I saw confirmed it, his studios is a home address, he has no employees, no trading. Hes not known in the dutch developer community at all, he has no certificate or anything.

I 100% agree with you in questioning the quality of his previous work but everything else here is not relevant.

This is a line of work where either you have the talent to create or you don't. You don't need a certificate, you don't need to be respected by anyone else, you just need to be able to produce results and it doesn't matter whether that's from a bedroom/basement or not.

A lot of the best indie devs out there do everything by themselves, gave no "certificates" or "professional training" in game development and still continue to do it from the comfort of their own homes even after finding success.

It annoys me when people attempting to scrutinise developers (in any line of development, whether that's Web or fane development) as if they are doctors. It really doesn't matter, this is a line of work where talent and hard work can conquer all.

All that said, Hasan still has it all to prove if we are to believe it is actually him behind all of this. Which is actually why there are so many question marks here. It's not his "background" that is questionable here, but rather the work that he's previously produced and how he's suddenly found himself getting this level of exposure.

Last edited:
They did not only choose to keep quiet, they chose to capitalize with selling SH merch (oh the timing), and then use the similar forest backdrop to double down the troll, lol.

Especially when it was proven by a developer on another forum that getting a blog article published was not walk in the park. That there is indeed a vetting process.

But hey, that was 20 pages ago, so let's ignore that and pretend it wasn't said.
People have a real short attention span these days, otherwise #teamreal would have more than 90% of the votes in the poll :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I have seen a few people remain consistent in their belief or lack of it, but what I have failed to see is any real rebuttal of the most meaningful "coincidences".

As the clock ticks and more time passes since the initial blow up of this rumor, the more deafening the silence is by the main players (Sony, Konami, etc). People looking at this Hasan dude like it matters what he says is laughable. This was never about him in the first place, it was about the teasing and no-denials by those that have the most to lose if it's all for nothing.

If it was all a ruse and Sony was caught off guard last week is already doubtful in the first place, but after this made even mainstream news, they would have put on a statement at least for the benefit of shareholders. But anyway that's just my take, and why I'm even more convinced than I was in the first days we're going to see some confirmations soon :messenger_winking:

IntentionalPun

I 100% agree with you in questioning the quality of his previous work but everything else here is not relevant.

This is a line of work where either you have the talent to create or you don't. You don't need a certificate, you don't need to be respected by anyone else, you just need to be able to produce results and it doesn't matter whether that's from a bedroom/basement or not.

A lot of the best indie devs out there do everything by themselves, gave no "certificates" or "professional training" in game development and still continue to do it from the comfort of their own homes even after finding success.

It annoys me when people attempting to scrutinise developers (in any line of development, whether that's Web or fane development) as if they are doctors. It really doesn't matter, this is a line of work where talent and hard work can conquer all.

Totally agree.

But Hasan does have output... it's terrible, and fairly recent.

Reactions: GHG

IntentionalPun

As the clock ticks and more time passes since the initial blow up of this rumor, the more deafening the silence is by the main players (Sony, Konami, etc). People looking at this Hasan dude like it matters what he says is laughable. This was never about him in the first place, it was about the teasing and no-denials by those that have the most to lose if it's all for nothing.

Y'all have moved on to some goal post that has nothing to do with looking at the evidence because the evidence is all pointing towards Blue Box being a shit company run by a liar.

At this point we should just wait and see.. because "why hasn't Sony or Konami commented?" is just going to get circular.

GHG

Gold Member
Totally agree.

But Hasan does have output... it's terrible, and fairly recent.

If we are to believe it's actually his work.

In which case the burning question would be, what the fuck does this guy do to actually make money? And what's his connection to CreateQ?

This is what gets me about all of this, none of it is easy to explain and the deeper you dig the more questions you're left with.

Yeah, I'm sure the yaks would be happy to lend their IP to the dev that fled the country to escape them, and why shouldn't he give them another game? The last one went so well, after all.

IntentionalPun

Hasan could be developing the App and even a minigame for the app which could still be a front for SH even if he has nothing directly to do with the SH development.
But again; why would they choose this awful indie dev?

Other than people finding these coincidences, he's doing an awful job teasing anything.. the weird app thing.. the rambling on twitter.. saying it's real time.. saying it represents the game but the trailer didn't, now he's saying the app doesn't represent the game.. blah blah blah.

Why choose this guy? Why let him act like such an idiot? Why associate all of this with your big game reveal?

SkylineRKR

Who kept quiet?

Keighley says he heard nothing since and never received pics and openly expresses doubt.
Sony never says shit
Konami has commented on SH rumours being false. But something is on the way. Which is merch for now. They haven't designed this merch overnight but might've pushed it forward with all the stuff going down on twitter etc.
Kojima releases DS trailer with MGS gameplay. Says he reads 2 books, one with Silent in it and another with Hill. Why would he make a nobody developer bigger than needs to be?

And for Hasan, he's said countless times hes not making SH, hes not affiliated with Kojima. Even posted a video on his own twitter doing so. And Hasan has traces that go back for years. He is Sneakywarriorr. He has a PSN account thats almost 10 years old. He did some useless stuff on Steam. He is located in the City of Leiden, (as is his BBGS) and has second or third grade linkedin connections to others I know for some time now. He's a wannabe developer. And trust me, not someone Kojima would hire. He's easy to trace. Its not a Joakim Mogren with a Moby Dick studios that absolutely didn't exist. And by now, the cat would be out of the bag anyway. Specifically, it'd do it at E3.

The only mistake he made was Guess the Name. This was after numerous SH conspiracies thrown towards him for weeks. I might've done the same just to troll. This snowballed into something big, making Bloomberg and local headlines as well. The sole question is how he could end up with Sony backing his project, and why his logo is clearly ripped off from them in the process. He doesn't even have a website lol.

Last edited:
Y'all have moved on to some goal post that has nothing to do with looking at the evidence because the evidence is all pointing towards Blue Box being a shit company run by a liar.

At this point we should just wait and see.. because "why hasn't Sony or Konami commented?" is just going to get circular.
We both agree on it, he's definitely a liar and producing fuck all. I'm not even arguing that, which is why you think we're moving goalposts. The only difference of opinion is the same we had 90 pages ago, you think Sony is being lied to, I think they are in on the deception.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Kind of makes you wonder if the reason the PT demo (for those who saved it) won't work on the PS5 has nothng to do with compatibility.
It doesn't. If you transferred the game files to a launch PS5 without any OS updates, it plays just fine. Sony blocked it at Konami's request. You can find the quotes and articles if you Google.

IntentionalPun

If we are to believe it's actually his work.

In which case the burning question would be, what the fuck does this guy do to actually make money? And what's his connection to CreateQ?

This is what gets me about all of this, none of it is easy to explain and the deeper you dig the more questions you're left with.

He probably has a day job. It's not like his output is stuff that would occupy someone all day for years. Maybe he was in college from 2015-2019?

I mean he started in 2015, and his first actual release 4 years later was this:

screen-3.jpg

It could be anything.. maybe his family has money? Who knows? His web site is based on a template, uses stock photos to pretend he has a team.. has what appear to be blatant lies about his company and their status, their number of employees, etc.. for all we know he was a high school kid 6 years ago creating all of that + the Kickstarter.. now he's a bit older and maybe even has learned some things about UE4 enough to make trailers that are half convincing.

The only evidence he's ever spent any real money is his association with Nuare studios.. a fairly legit concept artist studio.

Last edited:
But again; why would they choose this awful indie dev?

Other than people finding these coincidences, he's doing an awful job teasing anything.. the weird app thing.. the rambling on twitter.. saying it's real time.. saying it represents the game but the trailer didn't, now he's saying the app doesn't represent the game.. blah blah blah.

Why choose this guy? Why let him act like such an idiot? Why associate all of this with your big game reveal?
Why chose Joakim Mogren? :D

We don't explain Kojima, we just love Kojima :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It doesn't. If you transferred the game files to a launch PS5 without any OS updates, it plays just fine. Sony blocked it at Konami's request. You can find the quotes and articles if you Google.
Thats my point .... why block it now other then to get people to thirst for it even more . The blocking by itself makes it appear that something is going on.

Doczu

Yeah, the only thing left is waiting. I'm really want to be blow away by the upcoming Silent Hill game. And the pic you promised 😏

IntentionalPun

Why chose Joakim Mogren? :D

We don't explain Kojima, we just love Kojima :messenger_tears_of_joy:

That was actually funny.. and in no way matches this very real person who is clearly at best a "semi-pro" indie who farted around on the internet for 4 years before actually spending 2019-2020 releasing garbage on Play Store and Steam lol

GHG

Gold Member
He probably has a day job. It's not like his output is stuff that would occupy someone all day for years. Maybe he was in college from 2015-2019?

I mean he started in 2015, and his first actual release 4 years later was this:

screen-3.jpg

It could be anything.. maybe his family has money? Who knows? His web site is based on a template, uses stock photos to pretend he has a team.. has what appear to be blatant lies about his company and their status, their number of employees, etc.. for all we know he was a high school kid 6 years ago creating all of that + the Kickstarter.. now he's a bit older and maybe even has learned some things about UE4 enough to make trailers that are half convincing.

That's exactly what I'm getting at, it's all maybes and theories.

Nothing is conclusive and to be honest it doesn't make any sense.

Even when he's spoken to people recently he told them the recent trailer isn't the same game he showed Sony to get their attention and that the abandoned trailer that is currently on youtube was put together in the matter of days (which is probably one of the few things he's being truthful about).

Dr Kaneda

Where did I say it was "weird" that it could have garnered Geoff's attention?

I'm saying that both Geoff's involvement and PS involvement are proof. But if someone wants to say it's JUST Playstation and that it was the blog that altered Geoff then fine. The problem is you and others are trying to down play BOTH while at the same time using the strangeness of a no name indie dev getting PS Blog to explain why Geoff is involved. It's trying to have your cake and eat. If getting a blog post is completely no big deal and any guy in his bedroom can get one then why would that peak Geoff's attention as you're saying here? Nonsensical pal.

As I said before, Geoff who is an expert, and ITK and veteran in this industry said it was strange that someone like BlueBox games were getting "pretty good placement by Sony".

As others have said I think the noteworthyness of getting a PS blog post has already been established by this point.

SkylineRKR

All that said, Hasan still has it all to prove if we are to believe it is actually him behind all of this. Which is actually why there are so many question marks here. It's not his "background" that is questionable here, but rather the work that he's previously produced and how he's suddenly found himself getting this level of exposure.

A few years ago he launched some Kickstarter that generated like 8 backers and was taken down within 3 weeks. This happened about 5 years ago. What does he do? He releases some awful amateur hour WIP on Steam that looks like an obvious Fatal Frame rip off, puts it on sale. Delays updates on it, says its changed developers. A studio that doesn't even exist. And no word on it since. Meanwhile he announced a PS5 project, claiming it will be 40/60fps and all the she bang.

Sure there might be guys being outright succesful without any background, but I don't think they work like he does. With his so called studios and apparent work force thats absolutely not traceable its like hes putting up a charade. Might get subsidized for boasting he's a gaming developer, but doesn't finish shit so far. Wouldn't surprise me.

Alebrije

If this is Silent Hill they will keep the secret this friday. We well have more doubts than answers, the app will be a big riddle a not game related.

If is a new version of P.T from Kojima guess they will show a little more so people can relate the app to P.T. or other Kojima games.

If its just a BB game called Abandoned : Survival or something similar they should be very clear this friday about it...not keep hidding it.

Still think will be one of the 2 first options...do not think is a BB game alone...

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Thats my point .... why block it now other then to get people to thirst for it even more . The blocking by itself makes it appear that something is going on.
My take at the time was that Konami was embarrassed of their epic mismanagement of the whole situation and viewed it as an opportunity to force people to let it go.

There are other demos like resident evil 7 the beginning hour that aren't compatible either.

IntentionalPun

The problem is you and others are trying to down play BOTH while at the same time using the strangeness of a no name indie dev getting PS Blog to explain why Geoff is involved. It's trying to have your cake and eat. If getting a blog post is completely no big deal and any guy in his bedroom can get one then why would that peak Geoff's attention as you're saying here? Nonsensical pal.

I'm not having my cake and eating it too.. getting a blog post isn't that big of a deal.. either is getting a Geoff K follow when that blog post got some people's attention. How is that a problem when my "downplaying" of both is logically consistent? lol

And let's not forget that this blog post did get attention.. because it was announced as a PS5 exclusive.. likely the same reason it got a thread here, while plenty of Ps Blog posts don't, is the reason it got a GK follow.

And without any real provocation, because that trailer had NOTHING to do with Kojima, NeoGAF and elsewhere suddenly started this stuff up:

GHG

Gold Member
Sure there might be guys being outright succesful without any background, but I don't think they work like he does. With his so called studios and apparent work force thats absolutely not traceable its like hes putting up a charade. Might get subsidized for boasting he's a gaming developer, but doesn't finish shit so far. Wouldn't surprise me.

For 5 years? I doubt it, anyone who gave him money would want to see some meaningful results in that time.

If he's really managed to get funding for game development all this time then he's a bigger scammer than Elizabeth Holmes.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

That's exactly what I'm getting at, it's all maybes and theories.

Nothing is conclusive and to be honest it doesn't make any sense.

Even when he's spoken to people recently he told them the recent trailer isn't the same game he showed Sony to get their attention and that the abandoned trailer that is currently on youtube was put together in the matter of days (which is probably one of the few things he's being truthful about).

Tell me how any random indie dev who hasn't sold anything affords to spend their time?

Unless they've said how, which is rare, you'd be stuck with "maybes and theories"... the only reason anyone is theorizing about this guy is because of all of these conspiracy theories.

None of it "doesn't make sense' either.. lots of people have free time.. lots of people have access to some money.. nothing he's done looks like anything that couldn't be thrown together in a few days, so why are we even questioning how he affords to do what he's done?

Faithless83

Banned
I just don't find that particularly remarkable; Konami has commented on Silent Hill rumors a couple of times.. they've also messed around with them before, and their merch account also might have been messing around this weekend. They denied anything in the works not that long ago though.. so a company that has teased people before, but when a spokesperson is interviewed, says nothing is really in the works.. could just be happy the franchise still gets attention and is trying to sell merch.. I mean what company with an actual big game coming out would use this to sell shit merch as part of the path to announcing a game? Sony barely says shit about anything, ever lol

You guys haven't really commented on anything I've brought up either. That Blue Box has only ever produced total crap, the fact he obviously was some amateur trying to mimic Kojima in 2015 with obvious references to PT in his failed KickStarter.. the evidence of lying on his web site that makes it pretty clear he's been BS'ing about people working for him since 2015, etc. Explain how any of that ends up at a Silent Hill deal.. or how any of that ends up with him being used as a front for Kojima. People claiming Kojima hiring actors matches this garbage dev being used? Makes no damn sense lol

All of this is mostly a very "internet people" thing.. we are "internet people" who spent way too many hours thinking about something that other people with a lot of shit to do in their day jobs haven't... stop focusing on what people "aren't doing" and focus on what Blue Box "has done."

And for all we know Sony is now looking into this guy wondering WTF he's doing lol
Oh we did comment on it, it's all part of the "scam". Kojima couldn't pull another dev out of nowhere this time around, so it had to have at least some footprint to keep us scratching our heads.
If nothing, this would be enough for a Konami statement like they did in the past, yet they keep riding on the merch wave.

It's their IP, they are the ones that need to come forth and say "we have no involvement on this"

DryvBy

Konami selling Tees... they love money, people love merch (especially SH around now) a match made in heaven. That isn't a sign for shit for pointing to a game, the only sign it could be is Konami loves cashing in on people's hype. There could be a remaster collection coming soon. Or even there is a whole new game in the works, it is not what BBG is working on. Why people think if Konami is doing T-shirts and skateboards all of a sudden is a CLEAR sign FOR our friends in Blue Box Games, and not anyone else, like Bloober, Bluepoint.. etc?

Go read the falling out before. Konami said they were done making games. They clearly saw the light as we saw a quick turn around with them releasing classics again. Last game we knew they were working on was Silent Hills. Why wouldn't they return with Sony helping to keep it exclusive?

hyperbertha

Teamfake is starting to look like borderline retards. The fact that sony still has that blogpost up despite everybody and their mother knowing this is an asset flip makes non sense. Then you have Geoff conclusively lying about the screenshot from bbgs. Two things that are enough for any sane person to conclude this isn't some rando indie dev 'scamming' big time players in the industry.
Your prime argument is this guy is lying about everything and scamming people. But he put his close up FACE in a video out there for all the world to see. Hardly what scammers do. He has no pay out from this course of action. Revealing his identity on top of that is unthinkable, unless this is the biggest idiot humanity has ever seen. Even Life of Black Tiger has an anonymous indie dev and that is a masterpiece compared to Abandoned.
Heck, if this turns out to be nothing and he is indeed a scammer, teamfake should still be ashamed because that outcome makes no sense from a logical perspective.

As far as I am concerned there are two possibilities
-This is Kojima
-This is not Kojima, but this guy has an actual game in the works that has impressed Sony, and is confident of matching expectations.

IntentionalPun

Then you have Geoff conclusively lying about the screenshot from bbgs.
How did Geoff conclusively lie about anything?

teamfake should still be ashamed because that outcome makes no sense from a logical perspective.

Seeing more of this kind of thing; what an amazing defense mechanism you guys have built up.

"Well if you are right you should still be ashamed.. retards"

Man, thought this thread was supposed to be "fun" lol

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Teamfake is starting to look like borderline retards. The fact that sony still has that blogpost up despite everybody and their mother knowing this is an asset flip makes non sense. Then you have Geoff conclusively lying about the screenshot from bbgs. Two things that are enough for any sane person to conclude this isn't some rando indie dev 'scamming' big time players in the industry.
Your prime argument is this guy is lying about everything and scamming people. But he put his close up FACE in a video out there for all the world to see. Hardly what scammers do. He has no pay out from this course of action. Revealing his identity on top of that is unthinkable, unless this is the biggest idiot humanity has ever seen. Even Life of Black Tiger has an anonymous indie dev and that is a masterpiece compared to Abandoned.
Heck, if this turns out to be nothing and he is indeed a scammer, teamfake should still be ashamed because that outcome makes no sense from a logical perspective.

As far as I am concerned there are two possibilities
-This is Kojima
-This is not Kojima, but this guy has an actual game in the works that has impressed Sony, and is confident of matching expectations.
Here is my issue with the, “he’s clearly a scammer” argument.

We were all able to so easily figure it out with far less resources than Sony Corp.

Dog Morning GIF

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Here is my issue with “he’s clearly a scammer” argument.

We were all able to so very simply figure it out with far less resources than Sony Corp.

Dog Morning GIF
Except we have lots of evidence of really bad indie devs getting into their development program.. we even have evidence of one of these getting a blog post, it was all in that purple site thread.

Which is evidence that Sony isn't doing a bunch of detective work for these things.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Except we have lots of evidence of really bad indie devs getting into their development program.. we even have evidence of one of these getting a blog post, it was all in that purple site thread.

Which is evidence that Sony isn't doing a bunch of detective work for these things.
We have zero evidence of them getting a blog spotlight, in which another dev said there is indeed, a rigorous vetting process.

A scammer that we all so figured out, that Sony is just allowing to do his thing. Right.

IntentionalPun

We have zero evidence of them getting a blog spotlight, in which another dev said there is indeed, a rigorous vetting process.

A scammer that we all so figured out, that Sony is just allowing to do his thing. Right.
Where did any dev say there was a rigorous vetting process for a blog post?

IntentionalPun

Which asset flip games are on the blog?
I don't know of any.

Do you think the people running Sony's blog, are searching the internet for where the assets used come from?

You guys overestimate what Sony would do, while underestimating the power of crowd sourced detective work from thousands of nerds online with endless time to kill.

Top Bottom