• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
99 pages for this ?

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Remember when it is announced it's not Silent Hill, you did this to yourself!

DryvBy

I don't know of any.

Do you think the people running Sony's blog, are searching the internet for where the assets used come from?

You guys overestimate what Sony would do, while underestimating the power of crowd sourced detective work from thousands of nerds online with endless time to kill.

I'm pretty sure they're not going to allow some sexy time purpose game on their blog and probably not a cheap asset flip game either.

Faithless83

Banned
I give it to IntentionalPun IntentionalPun for standing his ground on this, because it's looking less and less likely that this is fake.
But hey, we are close now... to something at least.

I'll say that though:
It's a big risk they are taking releasing an app that could be data-mined for answers.
Which could mean that the app will be updated afterwards and that the answers aren't in tomorrow's release.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Maybe not a dev, but here's the source:
Yeah I'm aware of that..

Was kind of my point.

So the editor of "hyped pixels" (who?) saying he knows devs who "never managed a blog post" becomes "another dev said there is indeed, a rigorous vetting process."

Even the rando-website guy didn't say anything like this.. in fact he never indicated that those people ever tried to get a blog post in the first place. Why would he have had those conversations anyways? lol

IntentionalPun

It was a true statement, because there is no logic to Hasan's actions being a scam. Its an absurdity. Don't take it so seriously.

Well at least answer my question then, that you used as one of the reasons it's clear I am a retard?

"How did Geoff conclusively lie about anything?"

Where are you getting that Geoff conclusively lied about anything?

GHG

Gold Member
Tell me how any random indie dev who hasn't sold anything affords to spend their time?

Unless they've said how, which is rare, you'd be stuck with "maybes and theories"... the only reason anyone is theorizing about this guy is because of all of these conspiracy theories.

None of it "doesn't make sense' either.. lots of people have free time.. lots of people have access to some money.. nothing he's done looks like anything that couldn't be thrown together in a few days, so why are we even questioning how he affords to do what he's done?

Here's the thing, if him and his "studio" passed the most basic of litmus tests then there would be no conspiracy.

Even the shittest of games on the PSN store like life of a black tiger have developers and studios behind them that are easy to trace.

This level of secrecy and uncertainty is unprecedented, hence we are on page 100.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
did what? Have fun? :messenger_loudly_crying:
I’m well aware. My post on the very first page.

I jumped in because it was just fun as hell to participate in an ARG.
You know what I mean. Maybe not you, but a lot of people are gonna loose their mind and I wont be surprised if the studio face a lot of insult and threats.
Tbf, the studio is more than very happy with the free promotion and do everything to confuse people.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There is no, “this.”

Use your brains for half a second. Sony Corp is not going to allow anyone and everyone to post without a process. Otherwise, that opens them up for liabilities of anyone and everyone who says they are a dev, to plagiarize and/or using non owned copyrighted material. Shit is to be vetted.

They got a spotlight, have not had it taken down even though team fake swears up and down this guy is some shit level garbage scammer that at the same time was so genius to fool Sony Corp, all while Konami is legit using his shit assets at the moment for merch.

Round and round we go…

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
You know what I mean. Maybe not you, but a lot of people are gonna loose their mind and I wont be surprised if the studio face a lot of insult and threats.
Tbf, the studio is more than very happy with the free promotion and do everything to confuse people.
its gotta be silent hill.
Prayer GIF

Footage of the Demo/App coming on Friday:

In all seriousness, I know everyone wants to believe, and hopefully we'll be getting a PSX to see some upcoming games, maybe even a new Silent Hill given the Konami shop's merch drops. But this is clearly just a lazy asset flip indie dev project (and yes others like it have been featured on the PSBlog) one coincidence, his last name.

Now we're entering the phase of people actively trying to perpetuate the conspiracy, people making fake twitter accounts, fake IG accounts, fake info drops, fake screenshot evidence, to keep this moving along.

hyperbertha

Well at least answer my question then, that you used as one of the reasons it's clear I am a retard?

"How did Geoff conclusively lie about anything?"

Where are you getting that Geoff conclusively lied about anything?
Geoff initially said he got the tweet from BBGS asking if they he could help promote their game in may. But the screenshot of the dm he shot proved it was received after the whole thing blew up in june.

There is no, “this.”

Use your brains for half a second. Sony Corp is not going to allow anyone and everyone to post without a process. Otherwise, that opens them up for liabilities of anyone and everyone who says they are a dev, to plagiarize and/or using non owned copyrighted material. Shit is to be vetted.

They got a spotlight, have not had it taken down even though team fake swears up and down this guy is some shit level garbage scammer that at the same time was so genius to fool Sony Corp, all while Konami is legit using his shit assets at the moment for merch.

Round and round we go…
NOT THIS.

Faithless83

Banned
So hum... don't feel like reading 100 pages, can a kind soul just recap what the hell was going on?
There is a summary in the OP:
After that Konami went full "Here's Silent Hill Merch guys"
Hasan posted a video "proving he's not kojima", which was liked by Kojipro.
Sony, Konami and Kojima denied commenting on any of this.
There will be an PS5 app release tomorrow for a "trailer running in real time and instructions".

Likely something else I missed, but that's pretty much the happenings.

Has anyone considered the simple puzzle that the word BLUE BOX is referring to Playstations actual box color... assuming BLUE BOX = Playstation then the title of the dev is Playstation Game Studios. Keep in mind when this puzzle ARG game was created the PS5 did not exist yet so it would likely be going of the PS4 box theme. #teamreal

Aldynes

There will be an PS5 app release tomorrow for a "trailer running in real time and instructions".

ooooh okay so we're wearing this in the meantime :
tin-foil-hat.png

And is it a continuation of stuff like this for exemple ? Because the rabbit hole is mario 64 bowser stairs at this point...

It just dawned on me the fact Kojima Productions is aware enough to give a like on this guy's video, but while their involvement is teased to no end for over a week they are playing deaf :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I payed no mind to it at first, but come on, they had plenty of opportunity and awareness of the situation to "help" a poor innocent developer that they know is going to be eaten alive by the internet if this all turns out to be a lie...

Unless they know something we don't :messenger_winking:

Man this shit is so obvious, I can't believe there's such a thing as #teamfake at this point :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

killatopak

Gold Member
So hum... don't feel like reading 100 pages, can a kind soul just recap what the hell was going on?

Team Real:

Start

pyramid head gif art GIF by kotutohum

Clues pointing out it’s real

Yes Yes Yes GIF

Clues actually pointing out it’s sketchy

dying season 8 GIF

Clues pointing out how sketchy the clues pointing how sketchy it is.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Where we are now.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Team Fake:

Start

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Clues pointing out it’s real

Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

Clues pointing out that it’s Sketchy

zack snyder film GIF

Clues pointing out how sketchy the clues pointing how sketchy it is

Gerard Butler Sparta GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

Where we are now.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

IntentionalPun

Geoff initially said he got the tweet from BBGS asking if they he could help promote their game in may. But the screenshot of the dm he shot proved it was received after the whole thing blew up in june.
No it didn't... that's explained by him taking the screenshot in May.

Top Bottom