• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
So the #TeamFake narrative is still that Hasan is playing Sony for fools - made it into PS Blog, playing Demon Blood (which uses same font as Silent Hill), testing/releasing a realtime trailers app for PS5 (never done before), posting from CreateQ's instagram (Kojima t-shirt/They Live - reversed colors).

Who's the conspiracy theorists now?

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

The ones that see the wave coming and move to higher ground are always considered the eccentrics, until everyone else is swimming and trying to get that mountain top real estate.

#MyHillIsSilent
#TeamReal
#Believe
#AbandonFakeAllYeWhoEnter

bitbydeath

He's just a shitty dev (obvious, proven, years of evidence) who managed to troll some people.

You guys make way too big of a deal about 90% of this stuff. There is no "ARG".. hell half the things you guys say are just flat out lies. A capcom tester confirmed bluebox=kojima? lol
You talking about the Capcom tester who tests Capcom games like Ratchet and Clank? Or the new Capcom Dualsense controllers?

Edit: You may have missed it but he was already spotted testing Abandoned on page 129.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

So now he's not going to be at State of Play on Thursday?

TeamReal was convinced they delayed SoP specifically for Abandoned a few days ago.
If you’re referring to this thread it’s August, and it was right!

baphomet

State of Play is, but not the main Sony event the link I posted refers too. There is also a video from Hasan specifically stating August.

No, the link you posted specifically said the State of Play was being delayed from July to August or September. So everything in that post is bullshit (as if it wasn't obvious already.)

Hasan's app has literally nothing to do with when the State of Play is happening.

bitbydeath

No, the link you posted specifically said the State of Play was being delayed from July to August or September. So everything in that post is bullshit (as if it wasn't obvious already.)

Hasan's app has literally nothing to do with when the State of Play is happening.
You’re talking about two different events. The one that was announced is largely focused on Deathloop, that is not the one that will feature God of War, Horizon, COD and Abandoned.

bitbydeath

Hasan's app was delayed until August.

State of Play was not. It is tomorrow
You better go in with low expectations or you will be disappointed.
This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.

If PSBlog won’t convince you, nothing will.

THE:MILKMAN

Christ you guys are dense.

Nothing was delayed. There is no August event, even going off this obviously false news. It's September.

I believe Sony have said there will be more info about H:FW (and maybe other games too?) before its targeted 2021, presumed November release and they also said it won't be featured in tomorrow's SoP so logic dictates there will be some other event before years end. If July is now ruled out then one of Aug/Sep/Oct.

DeepSpace5D

Hasan's app was delayed until August.

State of Play was not. It is tomorrow
“This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we’ll have more updates soon.”

That’s from the Playstation blog article regarding the State of Play tomorrow. It sure sounds like at least one more event is planned sometime during the summer, and the theory is Hasan’s game could line up with that later event.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You talking about the Capcom tester who tests Capcom games like Ratchet and Clank? Or the new Capcom Dualsense controllers?

Edit: You may have missed it but he was already spotted testing Abandoned on page 129.

II didn't miss anything... other than.. WTF does Capcom have to do with R&C, or Dualsense controllers?

How does any of that conclude that they confirmed this was Kojima? lol

Last edited:

bitbydeath

II didn't miss anything... other than.. WTF does Capcom have to do with R&C, or Dualsense controllers?

How does any of that conclude that they confirmed this was Kojima? lol
My point was that he doesn’t test just Capcom stuff.
The only links are from his word and the band he received that Kojima sent a decipher on.

I see zero changes that it will be at this state of play, since it’s not the big Sony showcase, which is probably coming in August (of not delayed again). My guess is that some of the stuff at this state of play was also supposed to be at the big Sony event, but because of Sony’s contract / obligations with the third party studios, they have to show of this stuff already so it was removed and separated from the big event.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I don't know what those are, but space aliens are sci fi
Life from another place (be it planet, dimension or whatever) doesn't only belong to a single term like "science fiction".

What is a space alien? Life from another planet? What if those same aliens were from an unspecified place? What if they traveled through what seemed like magic portals? When does it become "fantasy"?

Is Dr Strange fantasy or sci-fi? What if the elves traveling to Valinor in lord of the rings and the undying lands beyond was interpreted as off middle earth and therefore could be in the stars. Does Lord of the rings suddenly become sci fi? How about a story like Hellraiser? The Cenobytes travel between words though a puzzle cube? Sci fi, horror, or fantasy?

Listen, this seems like an unnecessary distinction, but consider one of the key figures involved in this thread, Kojima. This point might be of importance to him considering his last major project was under a genre he coined a new term from. He wasn't content to just say his project was a third person action adventure stealth game. It was a strand type game, a game with all those features but in which players affect each other without playing directly with each other. Most people wouldn't get much flack for saying everything with an unknown life form is science fiction generally, but it may be helpful to avoid immediately categorizing all media into exceptionally broad categories because of a single aspect.

Spaceman292

Banned
Life from another place (be it planet, dimension or whatever) doesn't only belong to a single term like "science fiction".

What is a space alien? Life from another planet? What if those same aliens were from an unspecified place? What if they traveled through what seemed like magic portals? When does it become "fantasy"?

Is Dr Strange fantasy or sci-fi? What if the elves traveling to Valinor in lord of the rings and the undying lands beyond was interpreted as off middle earth and therefore could be in the stars. Does Lord of the rings suddenly become sci fi? How about a story like Hellraiser? The Cenobytes travel between words though a puzzle cube? Sci fi, horror, or fantasy?

Listen, this seems like an unnecessary distinction, but consider one of the key figures involved in this thread, Kojima. This point might be of importance to him considering his last major project was under a genre he coined a new term from. He wasn't content to just say his project was a third person action adventure stealth game. It was a strand type game, a game with all those features but in which players affect each other without playing directly with each other. Most people wouldn't get much flack for saying everything with an unknown life form is science fiction generally, but it may be helpful to avoid immediately categorizing all media into exceptionally broad categories because of a single aspect.
If it uses the word 'magic' it's fantasy. Aliens are sci fi. If it's a mixture then it's sci fi fantasy. I think you're getting too worked up about this though. There's no harm in putting something into a genre.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
If it uses the word 'magic' it's fantasy. Aliens are sci fi. If it's a mixture then it's sci fi fantasy. I think you're getting too worked up about this though. There's no harm in putting something into a genre.
Lol, Ok.

Magic is just technology for the ignorant. Boom, fantasy just became sci-fi.

It's pretty funny that you put sci fi in front of fantasy given the breadth and age between the two. There's no harm to genre, when they serve the matter at hand and going back to the original material, my personal opinion is there are really strong horror elements in They Live and it has more in common with that genre than a bulk of sci fi focused media. But yes, it's a mixture.
John Carpenter GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Doczu

E5ydhjyXMAY4dMP

Official PlayStation ad. The PS5 is upside down.
I did the same with my PS1 when it started having issues reading discs. But that thing had like 6 years, not looking good for the PS5. Worse even - it's so hard to come by a new PS5 Sony themself had to restort using a faulty unit...

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Christ you guys are dense.

Nothing was delayed. There is no August event, even going off this obviously false news. It's September.

I can confirm among others including Sony who literally put out a post along with the event for Today that other third party titles, and First party titles like God of war:Ragnorak and PSVR2 will have more to say later throughout this summer. Meaning another event.

There's a big event planned, whats happening today is the same as the state of plays we have got for RAtchet and Horizon. There are late announcements happening on this big event later this summer. Sony has had some things happen content wise that they are waiting for to include in their event.

Don't worry Deathloop is not suppose to be the big event that Sony has planned.

Top Bottom