• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
None of this feels like anything a dev truly connected to Sony beyond just being an indie who has a devkit would do, or need to do.. or any major publisher for that matter..

Which is why I'm so confused as to why all the top people in the industry were talking about Hasan. And why can't Sony, Konami, or KojiPro say anything about this?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
random GIF

JTCx

I don't understand people like you that respond like this.

>Can you respond to this point
>"Nah I've already responded to it already"
>Where? I want to read it so I can see if it actually addresses my point or if maybe I have response to it myself
>cba to look I've got 1million posts so too much hassle

What's the massive inconvenience if you just responded to the point as it was initially made? Instead you claim you've already responded to it before and then when pressed to quote that response so that the discussion can continue in a constructive manner you instead reply with "cba". So bizarre.

No one has EVER denied that. The point was to cite an example of an indie dev as small AND unknown/failed.

... as small as Hasan appears to be? Yes..

So that's the answer. No. It's never ever happened before. You could have easily conceded this 3 posts ago and we'd have all been fine.

Seems like a pretty stringent vetting process.

It's not even remotely on the same scale. 1st PS Blog post was in August. If you do a Google search of this developer/his studio/his games for hits BEFORE that 1st blog post you'll find numerous articles/reviews/videos about the games BEFORE Sony decided to pick them up for blog posts. That's because the games were already released on Steam and Xbox and old school horror enthusiast were already aware of it.

BlueBox/Hasan has virtually NOTHING prior this. And what they do have are not extremely small releases that maybe only a few people have played, no, they are obscure and hard to find FAILD projects.

This is just wilful ignorance at this point. Are you honestly telling that indie devs don't care about getting things like PS Blog posts, that NO ONE HAS EVER tried to get one? Hasan happened to be the 1st person to ever ask and Sony said "yeah, all you had to do was ask". Come on.

So why are you citing an example that you conceded isn't comparable to Hasan?

The answer is NO. No game/developer has ever gotten a PS Blog with a track record anywhere near as non-existent/bad as Hasan. That's all you needed to say. What the big deal about that?

Nope the Dead Drop Studios is "BEST" as Sony stated in that article I posted above since it's an actually working build of a game. And not only that it was previously released and sold on other platforms. Anyone can mock up a trailer. Their are literally COUNTLESS fake trailers on youtube for cooling looking games. Can they all get PS Blog posts as well?

Literally ANYONE can make claims like that. If simply making those claims are all it takes to get a PS Blog then why haven't a rush of indie devs also done the same?

Eh? What are you talking about? How do you thinking getting blog post works? You'd literally have to contact Sony 1st and pitch/explain studio/game to them. Then they decided if it's a yes or a no. What the era guy said is that devs he knows have been turned down.

Ok so the era guy is "nobody". Fair enough. No problems with that what so ever, but what about Geoff. He said VERBATIM that he "can't figure out" how Hasan was getting this "pretty good placement" by Sony. So you shot down the era guy because he was a "nobody" and I guess Geoff is what? Also ignorant and you know better than him???
Teamfake looking mighty desperate picking up scraps. :messenger_sunglasses:

11_mandatory_gifs_of_the_week_7_19_18.gif

DryvBy

He has no affiliations with KojiPro whatsoever. He has no employees on record either. Unless they work unregistered, and from distance. His profile pic and video are really him. Afaik he never really lied, he didn't hide his PSN profile, he answered a lot of twitter questions, calls and DM's he showed his face even. He clearly has little experience with all this attention.

He simply trolled about the name of his new project, which I can assume is because of the persistent SH rumors surfacing ever since he wrote the blog, and that snowballed beyond his expectations no doubt. He removed all traces to it since, I guess the expectations of his project shot up too high.

But with the scope of BBGS, I doubt he would ever release something as promised. There is just no way. I don't know how far one guy can go and judging by his previous projects its dim. Unless he managed to pitch his project to some skilled studios.

And this is where it falls:

-its a scam
-theres something we don't know

There's something we don't know seems the most logical because this guy had Geoff following him before all this fell forward. Is Geoff following the dev who is putting out 99 cent games? On top of that, with everything we know it makes no sense Sony is promoting this at this point if it's a scam. It doesn't mean they need to know everything about the company but there's no way they haven't reached out if they don't know what's going on.

TeamFake can make excuses for everything, but most of the original information we have is really unanswered. Almost like fake information was out out after and answered later. I mean, the guy took days to post a picture of himself and now we have a couple of them out.

TeamReal is investigating a conspiracy. As much as TeamFake wants Real to quit with insults, we won't. How's it hurting anyone for Real to keep looking?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And this is where it falls:

-its a scam
-theres something we don't know

There's something we don't know seems the most logical because this guy had Geoff following him before all this fell forward. Is Geoff following the dev who is putting out 99 cent games? On top of that, with everything we know it makes no sense Sony is promoting this at this point if it's a scam. It doesn't mean they need to know everything about the company but there's no way they haven't reached out if they don't know what's going on.

TeamFake can make excuses for everything, but most of the original information we have is really unanswered. Almost like fake information was out out after and answered later. I mean, the guy took days to post a picture of himself and now we have a couple of them out.

TeamReal is investigating a conspiracy. As much as TeamFake wants Real to quit with insults, we won't. How's it hurting anyone for Real to keep looking?
We must go deeper!

Infinite Loop Looping GIF by CmdrKitten

mckmas8808

Some people feel that the more TeamReal looks into this, it'll hurt "Hasan's" mental state.

dukeoflegs

Am I still on Teamfake if I don't think it is SH/Kojima but a real indie game?

I do wonder if there is some truth to what Hasan was saying after he closed his kickstarter and said there was a backer? I wonder if he got the cash flow and figured out how to use that to outsource for his project without hiring a "team"?
I know when I was in the games industry you could pretty much outsource any area of the project from Art, animation, engineering, QA, and Audio. Just setting up the pipeline and verifying that everything was implemented is where you need to hire on some quality people and I've only dealt this one pipeline of development when dealing with outsource content.

This has been a fun last several days and I'm staying glued to this thread.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

I do wonder if there is some truth to what Hasan was saying after he closed his kickstarter and said there was a backer? I wonder if he got the cash flow and figured out how to use that to outsource for his project without hiring a "team"?
I know when I was in the games industry you could pretty much outsource any area of the project from Art, animation, engineering, QA, and Audio. Just setting up the pipeline and verifying that everything was implemented is where you need to hire on some quality people and I've only dealt this one pipeline of development when dealing with outsource content.

#TeamFakeIsFake
#KojimaPlants

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

I just find this hard to believe considering what he has actually released in the last 6 years.

Why release garbage Android games and that terrible Steam EA game if you are funded for some decently big Playstation indie game?

Last edited:

dukeoflegs

I just find this hard to believe considering what he has actually released in the last 6 years.

Why release garbage Android games and that terrible Steam EA game if you are funded for some decently big Playstation indie game?
I don't know it was just a thought that popped into my head nothing more.
Maybe because he got his funding after releasing those games?

DeepSpace5D

Why would the CEO of Nuare release a video on behalf of Blue Box? Has Nuare ever done something like this in the past for any other studio? You can say this is in response to the doubters on Twitter, but Hasan already put out a video showing himself and denying the rumors. Was this video really necessary when the app is supposedly out in two days?

CheeseCake

I just joined this forum.. and I gotta admit things here are way more spicy than at Resetera lmfao.

Anyway, I can't believe you guys are still in on this haha. I stopped believing this entire thing the moment he released the video... which sucks, was really hoping for a Silent Hill(s) regardless if it's made by Kojima or not.

JimRyanGOAT

Why would the CEO of Nuare release a video on behalf of Blue Box? Has Nuare ever done something like this in the past for any other studio? You can say this is in response to the doubters on Twitter, but Hasan already put out a video showing himself and denying the rumors. Was this video really necessary when the app is supposedly out in two days?
Because Hassan is just some small-time guy with a measly budget that's stringing us all along and there's nothing more to it

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Last edited:

ElCasual

I recall in E3 2014 or 2015 , a strong rumor of xbox buying the ip of Silent Hill, the rumor was so strong that even Phil Spencer tweeted :There´s no SH in the works for Xbox (or something like that). The silence of PS in this case is so annoyed.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Silent hill merch is live on their store. The skateboards are already sold out and the shirt with the offset silent hill text is no where to be found. Any front end devs willing to do some analysis on what is up?

JimRyanGOAT

This whole situation is a win-win since if it is this guys game then he named it properly since it will be "ABANDONED".
The real fun starts on friday....
Friday is going to be lit

It could go anyway

But Friday is not close to this being over, I know this sounds like a HUGE REACH, but people might find more clues within his game

Ok now i sound like a nut

I truly believe Abandoned is a real project that's hinting at something bigger from Sony Studios

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Unless..........................it's all in the script. Nobody in the consumer gaming where even knows what a Nuare is. That guy is literally ONLY talking to us gamers that are following this conspiracy.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Silent hill merch is live on their store. The skateboards are already sold out and the shirt with the offset silent hill text is no where to be found. Any front end devs willing to do some analysis on what is up?

Skateboards and horror games=
Deadly Premonition Drinking GIF by White Owls Inc

Just waiting for Hasan to wake up! He usually starts tweeting around now..
I Dont Understand Michael Keaton GIF
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

JimRyanGOAT

Whats that clicking sound?

Am I tripping? Even the mixing of his voice is so weird, its audible yet hard to hear at the same time, there's this clicking overlay sound that keeps distracting me

JimRyanGOAT

I'm reaching here, and this is 95 percent most likely artifacts leftover from Twitter's compression, but during the intro in the top left corner, you kinda see something

Again, very likely its artifacts from compression but I'm still gonna upload it.

This is just one still image, it seems to change throughout the intro

2unw7do.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm reaching here, and this is 95 percent most likely artifacts leftover from Twitter's compression, but during the intro in the top left corner, you kinda see something

Again, very likely its artifacts from compression but I'm still gonna upload it.

This is just one still image, it seems to change throughout the intro

2unw7do.jpg
What are the words above NUARE?

Top Bottom