• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rune: Ragnarok announced (Human Head)

derFeef

LogoTagline2.png

In 2000, Human Head Studios released Rune, an action adventure built in the Unreal Engine and featuring a hack-and-slashing Viking named Ragnar. Since then, the studio has developed a number of games including 2006's Prey and has contributed to others like Bioshock Infinite and Batman: Arkham Origins. Today it's announcing a return to its roots. A sequel to Rune is in the works, an open world RPG called Rune: Ragnarok. There's a teaser trailer above.

Ragnarok is "set in a dangerous Norse universe during the end of days" and places players "in the middle of an epic battle where gods, beasts, and the last remaining humans struggle to survive" according to Human Head Studios' press release.

"After seventeen years, we are thrilled to finally announce a new Rune game," says project director Chris Rhinehart. "In the spirit of the original, Rune: Ragnarok has intense and brutal combat in a world steeped in Norse mythology. We can't wait to show you what we've created."

https://youtu.be/1bViPhnt9Rk

Hell yeah!

KainXVIII

And don't get it - how is returning to roots means turning hack&slash/adventure game into open world RPG? :-/

1431461333_2142387084.jpeg

Ashtar

And don't get it - how is returning to roots means turning hack&slash/adventure game into open world RPG? :-/

1431461333_2142387084.jpeg
Returning to the roots of an earlier franchise, also hackamd slash adventure to action RPGs seems a logical step
Side Note never played rune
But I'll keep my eye on this

Bradach

I loved that game! There was a long curved sword that would decapitate opponents if your timing was good.

Good times

KainXVIII

Returning to the roots of an earlier franchise, also hackamd slash adventure to action RPGs seems a logical step
Side Note never played rune
But I'll keep my eye on this

You can eat lizards 😀

At least its good that Human Head is back!

tumblr_o6fzcvpc8l1s7elebo1_500.gif

They have my sword, axe, whatever.

And Fuck Bethesda.

Wow!

FUCK BETHESDA

FUCK BETHESDA

Day One

tenor.gif

in for more info

edit: obligatory Fuck Bethesda

f
u
c
k
bethesda

Rune was amazing. If this lives up then I'm getting it.

Fuck Bethesda

I'm curious - Why exactly is Bethesda singled out for what they did?

Their behavior towards Human Head was in line with how the entire rest of the AAA publishing sphere conducts acquisitions.

That's not to excuse the rest - But why did we wait to single out Bethesda after 2 decades of Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and others doing the same shit?

Lumine

I thought Rune was pretty cool back in the day but it did not age well. I tried to replay it recently but I didn't like it at all.

And yeah fuck Bethesda. They actively destroyed Prey 2. And that game looked absolutely great.

Top Bottom