• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: MS approach Valve for buyout $16b offer

Kurotri

ghSBoJSnn5X2zq_s7w1vEzC8DvqL6Rg1gpZaoITpF2E.jpg

Saw the same tweet just moments go. Hope it's just one of those fake rumors.
Oh I can almost guarantee you that it's real because Microsoft is full of retards that think you can just buy everything. Hell they tried to buy Nintendo as well.

Luckily I can't see Valve ever being bought, but if they did it would mean the end of PC gaming for me. I don't want Microsoft anywhere near Steam outside of releasing their games there.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Fake news most likely. Acquisition stuff never leaks.

If true I hope Gabe stipulates that Phil has to personally scrape the barnacles off his boat.

tronied

There's no way this is true. Given the fact that this offer is well short of what I imagine Valve to be worth. Honestly though, how would this even get anywhere with the regulators after the last debacle?

midnightAI

So MS is trying to piss off the PC gamers now? That's one way of getting Steam on your box I suppose and/or just rebrand Steam Deck for an MS handheld

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Likely fake. That valuation seems low, and MS went through a lot of after the ActiBlizz thing, don't think they can afford the inevitable regulatory scrutiny of a deal like this.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Of course this is true, I mentioned this before, the only question is will Gabe sell. Fits in with rumors of potential Steam integration on next gen xbox as well.

Top Bottom