• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Wonder Woman Game to be Live Service Hints Job Ads as WB Vows to Double Down on GaaS

RIP to the WB gameverse or w/e I thought they were going to continue from the Arkham games world/lore that Rocksteady built for a decade.

Suicide Squad is gonna tank really hard so that it sends alarm bells to the suits on how to handle public feedback and IP.

And here I was hoping for a Superman game finally being made, like Arkham...

salva

wtf are you doing WB

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

All you can do is vote with your wallet, no pre orders, no battle pass shite, nothing.

You only have to look at the box office flops lately, it’s good to see more people not handing over their money for soulless crap.

Y'all be hating but I am going to enjoy the shit out of watching all these games bomb.
I’ll be that one guy who buys it a year or two later on sale at 4.99, 12 months before the servers are being shutdown, to tell everyone how awesome it is playing a post-patched, content-rich game.

That’s how I was with Avengers and I had a great time with the game at that price. It’s still a damn shame that their Captain America gameplay didn’t get used elsewhere.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Seems like whether it's the movies or video games, WB just does not have the pulse on what consumers actually want.

ProtoByte

The single player open-world action game will introduce an original story set in the DC Universe and allow players to become Diana of Themyscira in the fight to unite her Amazon family and the humans from the modern world.
From the game's official reveal press release.

If they still try to wedge in gaas shit, they're in for a rude awakening. Truly, I believe tolerance for this shit is waning to zero, fast.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
From the game's official reveal press release.

If they still try to wedge in gaas shit, they're in for a rude awakening. Truly, I believe tolerance for this shit is waning to zero, fast.

It is for sure! I hoped that MK1's sales would tank because of it but it doesn't seem so. It definitely won't fly a second time though i don't think.

Their movie division is trying to launch a connected universe just as the MCU is crashing, so it makes sense the games division is several years behind, too.

They're making a Wonder Woman game but not a Superman game?
To be fair, it would be very difficult to make an action game about a character who's the embodiment of OP.

Ribi

Oh god this is what monolith is making now right? On one hand I love Monolith but on the other hand... Who tf is buying a wonder woman game

PanzerCute

Oh god this is what monolith is making now right? On one hand I love Monolith but on the other hand... Who tf is buying a wonder woman game
Agree, and even worst: who buys a Wonder Woman GaaS?

These guys are gonna have some brutal reality check.

Shubh_C63

How many WB published games has been a flop ? Not even one. Yes not even Gotham Knights.

If they didn't came out of Gotham Knight thinking "Ok that was a disaster", then clearly they know something we don't.

Top Bottom