• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights Dev Helping with Wonder Woman Development

Draugoth

Gold Member
GIFR7MgbsAIbs79
  • Wonder Woman was first announced in 2021.
  • While the game is being developed by Monolith Productions, we have found a job listing stating that WB Games Montreal is also supporting it.
  • The developer recently worked on Gotham Knights, which was one of 2022’s more disappointing AAA releases.
Helmed by Monolith Productions, the team behind Middle-earth: Shadow of War, this game seeks to use mechanics like the Nemesis system for a high-quality single-player experience.

Tech4Gamers found a job listing that confirms WB Games Montreal’s involvement in the project. The team is hiring an External Development Artist to support the development of the new Wonder Woman game.

wonder-woman-job-listing.jpg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Helping them implement MTX and grindy gameplay?

Hot Sauce Leftovers GIF by hamlet
Gotham Knights had neither. It just wasn’t a top shelf game. It had performance issues, and even though it had a good story and solid beat ‘‘em up action, it was subject to repetitive side quests and not being an Arkham game people auto think it’s bad.

I found it a pleasant 7.5/10.

Kacho

I have faith in Monolith to deliver a great game. They’ve been doing it since I was a kid.

I do have some lingering concerns though. Hopefully we don’t see a fall from grace like we did with Rocksteady.

Svejk

Shadow of Modor was fantastic... Shadow of War was complete ass... not holding my breath even remotely. Ready for it to fail like Suicide Squat, Gatham Knights and Avengers schlock and they move on to something else already.

simpatico

Wonder Woman title screen appears.

It starts to fade in and out with TV static.

Finally it cracks away to reveal Alma.

Title screen for F.E.A.R. 2 appears

Actual FEAR 2 and 3 are retconned away and we get a proper follow up to the original.

Hideo Kojima congratulates Monolith on their deceptive twist

We all get a proper 20 hour single player campaign.

97 meta critic

b0uncyfr0

Tbh, it sounded pretty bad until i saw the Nemesis system. Thats gotta be one of the best innovations in gaming in a long time. Shame its not used more often.

Hudo

Such a fucking waste of talent. Making Rocksteady work on Suicide Squad and Monolith on a Wonder Woman game.
These two studios could do something really cool. But no, let them do capeshit with live-service crap instead. Maybe Wonder Woman will turn out better than Suicide Squad but still.. Imagine if Monolith made a new Fear or Tron 3.0 or a new IP with the Nemesis system. And Rocksteady could've done a dope Dune game, I reckon.

Last edited:
Such a fucking waste of talent. Making Rocksteady work on Suicide Squad and Monolith on a Wonder Woman game.
These two studios could do something really cool. But no, let them do capeshit with live-service crap instead. Maybe Wonder Woman will turn out better than Suicide Squad but still.. Imagine if Monolith made a new Fear or Tron 3.0 or a new IP with the Nemesis system. And Rocksteady could've done a dope Dune game, I reckon.
Your request is a catch-22. They would need to leave WB to make original games again, but those I.P. that you want sequels for are under WB(except Tron).

Last edited:

mrcroket

Guys.... FEAR was launched almost 20 years ago, probably nobody from then is still in the studio and only the name remains.

Top Bottom