• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Starfield: a possible release date has emerged on GOG Galaxy – June 29, 2023

fermcr

"A possible Starfield release date has popped up on GOG Galaxy, but it could be a placeholder awaiting official information.
Starfield is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated games of 2023, but the still absence of an official release date keeps the debate on how long there will still be to wait: for this reason we point out a possible indication that emerged from GOG Galaxy , bearing in mind that it is probably a placeholder, with the exit likely to be set for June 29, 2023."

https://thegamespoof.com/gaming-news/starfield-a-possible-release-date/

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cool, I'm seeing Porcupine Tree that night and Sting/Blondie the next, gives them 48 whole hours to iron out the launch bugs!

The exact last day of first half of 2023 as prophesized!!!!

the lord of the rings bilbo GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Very possibly but I really hope it gets released soon.

Skyrim in space. How can a mere mortal not be excited about that.

Yeah, my most anticipated game this year, but at this point I'm expecting it to be delayed until the fall.

The exact last day of first half of 2023 as prophesized!!!!!

lol....exactly how placeholder dates work.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That's awesome that it's going to appear on the DRM free GOG.

I didn't expect that especially since big name AAA games rarely come to GOG.

I don't mind if they delay this game until holidays. I don't think hellblade 2 will release this year and xbox needs an exclusive game for the holidays.

fermcr

That's awesome that it's going to appear on the DRM free GOG.

I didn't expect that especially since big name AAA games rarely come to GOG.

Games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout rely heavily on Mods. If they add extra protection like Denuvo on Starfield, it would likely be harder to mod.

... but Microsoft's latest games (Hi-Fi RUSH, Deathloop, Redfall) have Denuvo, so who knows.

Mr Hyde

If it releases in June it will go toe to toe with Final Fantasy 16. Two big RPGs, one Wrpg and one Jrpg, one exclusive for Xbox, the other for Playstation, produced by arguably two of the most well known companies in their respective fields. Could be an interesting showdown.

Rickyiez

If it releases in June it will go toe to toe with Final Fantasy 16. Two big RPGs, one Wrpg and one Jrpg, one exclusive for Xbox, the other for Playstation, produced by arguably two of the most well known companies in their respective fields. Could be an interesting showdown.
There will also be Diablo 4 and Street Fighter 6

Nahh it wont happen . June 29 2024 more likely

Kacho

Why would GOG of all storefronts have this information? There’s zero chance Xbox/Bethesda release a game this big there. Right?

Dazraell

Launching on GOG is a far bigger news than just getting a release date. Bethesda has a bunch of games there but they took years to release.

I don't think they will release it on GOG. This just has to do with Galaxy's feature where you can link every game to your library from that open database they're using to fill the data. Starfield's page just takes data from the open database, so release date wasn't even set by people at GOG

Banned
Why would GOG of all storefronts have this information? There’s zero chance Xbox/Bethesda release a game this big there. Right?

Gog Galaxy can be used to combine all your libraries from Steam, Epic etc into one. which helps keeping trach of what you own where.

Top Bottom