• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor / Leak: EA FC '24 - First $80 Game on Current Gen Consoles (Standard Edition) (Update: another pricing typo, they really aren't hiring the best)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Update:

the US price was a typo:

image.png

Original:

Last Gen + PC : $70
Current Gen: $80

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Not only they lost the name. But they also increases the prices because they actually had to a work which is changing a name.

On top of that they are trying to push how much they can get away with.

True shit Company.

Inuteu

love it.

cause I not gonna buy it anyway. and know that a lot o people in the community will not buy it too

put fuel to the fire

Make buying games so unattractive that streaming and subs become the better choice. It'll happen, only a matter of when. People are still buying.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If anyone can get away with it, it's them.

No way FIFA players don't just suck it up and pay the difference. Most of them play either just that or one other game ever year. No chance they just decide to stop playing FIFA forever.

LordCBH

Lmao lick my booty tube, EA

(I say as i expect the NCAA game to be $80 and I’ll open my wallet like the idiot I am)

Bridges

I don't play these games anyway but fuck right off with $80 games. If this is the direction we're headed then I'll be sticking to backlog + Gamepass and only buying Nintendo from here on out

Last edited:

Inuteu

Not only they lost the name. But they also increases the prices because they actually had to a work which is changing a name.

On top of that they are trying to push how much they can get away with.

True shit Company.
I think they spread this rumor to test peoples reactions

Hudo

How about you go fuck yourselves. If you want me to pay more than 60€ for a game it has to be :

a) Finished and not bugged to the point where it requires patching for months to get it into a playable state
b) No microtransactions
c) No DLC that paywalls QoL stuff and/or new gameplay
d) No season pass, no battlepass, no always-online.

Then and only then I might consider it.

HTK

Banned
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

I hope they charge $1,000 for standard edition, maybe then people will actually restrain themselves from this garbage. They are literally doing roster updates on the yearly basis and asking for a premium price, and FIFA fanboys still buy it up like it's nothing. Good riddance, keep increasing!

Wooxsvan

i cant remember last time i bought a sports game full price. these things drop within months of release.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Konami practically just bailed out of the soccer market .. so EA can say fuck it ... thats what monopoly does ... INCREASE PRICES .. . Who fucking new

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To elaborate. If they make their most addictive GaaS game (FUT EAFCUT) much more expensive, they will capitalize on whales, and capitalize on those who can't afford the upfront cost and instead funnel them into a "more manageable" monthly sub service, which will be perpetual and cost them more in the long run on their addiction. Or get them to sub for a "game discount."

It's all psychological really. EA was one of the companies that had internal docs leaked years ago around the loot box fiasco, with how they (as well as other publishers) hired clinical psychologists on how to get people in an endless money extraction loop. Feed addiction triggers in the brainbowl.

Nice acronym for their mode, I must say.

EAFCUT

EA Fuck U Too.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
So another price increase? I don't buy games at full price as it is. I'll do it even less that way.

Puscifer

I wonder if the plan is to hike games up to 100 by the end of the generation...
Japan, Australia ans many European countries are already there, feels like publishers are using this to finally get us on board with the rest of the world and to that I say going PC only is looking more and more appealing.

I'm sorry but 80-100 dollar games is not on my radar, especially in a disk heavy future.

Last edited:

acidagfc

Nothing new for EU, sadly. I already pay 379 RON for AAA PSN games, equivalent of 84 USD.

This includes taxes, but is still too fucking much.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, if you want to educate them. Outside of one in the last 40 years, none even know what really causes inflation.
Printing endless money after shutting down local businesses (causing them to go under), putting 10s of thousands out of work, but not shutting down your corporate pals. Wealth grab funneling. Blockading ports and supply chains (oil and otherwise), causing increase in core supply costs. Open borders, etc., etc..

Mainly, printing endless money with no backing devaluing the dollar.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Printing endless money after shutting down local businesses (causing them to go under), putting 10s of thousands out of work, but not shutting down your corporate pals. Wealth grab funneling. Blockading ports and supply chains (oil and otherwise), causing increase in core supply costs.

Mainly, printing endless money with no backing devaluing the dollar.

Don’t forget about endless amounts of foreign aid to countries who don’t need it.

The plan is to funnel you into their sub services.
After you pay full price for entry. This market is so sick. Can’t wait until it hopefully collapses in on itself.

Games are more expensive during the last few years, content starved, they’re riddled with predatory MTX, many bugs etc.. And more importantly, the actual games themselves are completely devoid of good old fun, strong characters and story, and all other things that make video games video games.

Top Bottom