• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rudy Giuliani slams Beyoncé’s VMAs performance, says he’s ‘saved more black lives’

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
He really hates Beyonce.

Video here. The Beyonce bit starts at 5:05.

America’s Mayor has fallen into formation against Beyoncé yet again.

Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani slammed Queen Bey’s VMAs performance — which, using lights and choreography, made a forceful statement on police brutality Sunday night — claiming he’d “saved more black lives than any of those people you saw on stage.”

“Her dancers were circling around her and one by one, they fell to the ground, and there were red lights underneath them, and that was supposed to symbolize cops killing black individuals,” “Fox and Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt prompted Giuliani on Monday.

Naturally, the former mayor — who has long railed against Beyoncé for her perceived anti-cop message — had an opinion.

“You’re asking the wrong person because I had five uncles who were police officers, two cousins who were, and one who died in the line of duty. I ran the largest and best police department in the world, the New York City Police Department.

“And I saved more black lives than any of those people you saw on stage by reducing crime and particularly homicide by 75 percent.”

Co-host Brian Kilmeade chimed in, remarking that “(Beyoncé is an extremely popular and powerful performer, and) when she does stuff like that, that message to the next generation is pretty indelible.”

“It’s a shame,” Giuliani replied.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Let's ignore most of the stuff he's saying for now - is it Beyoncé or Beyoncé's performance crew's job to 'save black lives'? What the hell kind of dig is that?

Futureman

Wtf is wrong with this guy? Has it only been the last year or so that he's seemed to turn so toxic? Maybe he's seen how popular Trump is spewing hate that he's trying the same schtick.

Acorn

Wtf is wrong with this guy? Has it only been the last year or so that he's seemed to turn so toxic? Maybe he's seen how popular Trump is spewing hate that he's trying the same schtick.
Nah he's been in the deep end forever. 9/11 put a protective bullshit aura around him for awhile.

Remember when everyone loved this guy 15 years ago? If not for his health guy would have easily won NY Senator and beaten Obama to become president.

commedieu

Banned
I know why he hates black people..it's how he was raised.

But does why does he think everything Beyonce does is targeting him?

He's likely to dress up as a woman, again, and strangle her while she sleeps at this point.

Wilsongt

I listened to this garbage this morning. Guiliani had drank the Trump Kool-Aid deep. He's embloden by Trump and is running his mouth to anyone who'll listen.

manakel

I was only in 4th grade when 9/11 happened, so I was obviously too young -- but wasn't he beloved as mayor during that time? Wtf happened?

jbug617

Banned
There wasn't any controversial thing done last night during her performance. The only thing I could think of was bringing Mothers of the Movement on the red carpet but that had nothing to do with her stage performance.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Don't know if he's always been this way but he's been saying some real dumb shit the past year or so.

Garlador

I was only in 4th grade when 9/11 happened, so I was obviously too young -- but wasn't he beloved as mayor during that time? Wtf happened?

New York and national pride simmered down from the fever pitch he was riding high on.

... That and his behavior and stances these last few years have been rather out of touch.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Rudy's always been a mean spirited, belligerent asshole.

He's always been an asshole and has been trying to use 9/11 as an excuse to get elected president and has failed to do so multiple times. After seeing what Trump has been able to do, that's his new schtick. Just be as loud and obnoxious and fucking stupid as possible.

Guevara

Giuliani's absolutely right.

I remember when Beyonce was mayor: the city was a mess and crime actually rose during her tenure!

Oh wait, I'm thinking of Dinkins

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There wasn't any controversial thing done last night during her performance. The only thing I could think of was bringing Mothers of the Movement on the red carpet but that had nothing to do with her stage performance.

Maybe you missed the part where she was BLACK?

SMH. So busy trying to attack America's Mayor and you didn't even check a basic fact.

maruchan

Amadou_Diallo.png

Not

Banned
What is he trying to accomplish?

Besides desperately scratching and scrabbling in hopes of maintaining a world like the one when he was 5

Protein

Banned
Ever notice how most of these clueless fuck nuggets talk about black social issues as if they're experts and always presume to know what's best for black people?

Don't know if he's always been this way but he's been saying some real dumb shit the past year or so.
He's always been this way, that 9/11 leadership vacuum since Bush was in hiding is why people were fooled into thinking otherwise.
I'm going to assume that he was speaking metaphorically because I was a young black man in the city when he was mayor and I certainly never felt that my life meant shit to him.

The Kree

Banned
The former mayor of New York City is comparing his time in office to a pop star's performance on MTV.

So, how little is his dick exactly?

FStubbs

Giuliani is the type of racist that would engage in ethnic cleansing if he could get away with it. I get worse vibes from him than I do even a Rush Limbaugh. Like, Giuliani is the type of guy who would be bothered to see a black man walking down the street.

That being said, Beyonce's a singer. Not her job to save lives. Now I'm sure more black people have suffered because of Rudy than Beyonce.

Mr. X

More black superstars and celebrities need to speak up. Just want to see them bitch and moan about them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom