• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Clickbait Cringe RTTP RTTP: Furi

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I beat this game in 3:10 wtf. I didn't expect it to be so short and easy. Got a trophy for beating one boss in under 5 mins!

They really should've let you skip the stupid walking sections between bosses. Just a waste of time tbh.

Still gotta play the DLC though. Will probably play it on hard too.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2013
I had a go on this when it durst came to PS+. I liked what I played of it & vowed to return properly for a devoted play through.

I liked theme of the game being a tribute to strategised boss fights in PS1/2 era games but something about it just feels a little flat?

Those great boss fights in games like GoW & MGS are great because it complimented an already great story & adventure. In Furi, It just seems like back to back boss fights with little context for the sake of it.

Reactions: brap

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I had a go on this when it durst came to PS+. I liked what I played of it & vowed to return properly for a devoted play through.

I liked theme of the game being a tribute to strategised boss fights in PS1/2 era games but something about it just feels a little flat?

Those great boss fights in games like GoW & MGS are great because it complimented an already great story & adventure. In Furi, It just seems like back to back boss fights with little context for the sake of it.
You gotta get out of jail or something... Idk. I don't think they put much thought into the story. Just something to string you along while fighting bosses because that's what they wanted to focus on.

Last edited:

TheCockatrice

Jun 16, 2019
Underrated game. Masterpiece soundtrack. Some really cool boss fights. Too bad instead of making a bigger and better sequel they opted for some even more niche game, a visual novel shit that has the most boring combat I've ever seen.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Underrated game. Masterpiece soundtrack. Some really cool boss fights. Too bad instead of making a bigger and better sequel they opted for some even more niche game, a visual novel shit that has the most boring combat I've ever seen.
Wait what game?

Reactions: Elektro Demon