• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPGMaker XP is free on Steam until February 19th

Roxkis_ii

Man I used to play with rpg maker way back in the day! Man, maybe I could use AI to come up with a story outline to make a game to now..

Thanks for the heads up OP!

CamHostage

BTW., huh. I didn't know that the next one, RPG Msker Unite, actually came out. (Its kind of a weird app, it uses the Unity engine/interface and in fact is sold as a $100 module added onto the Unity dev suite through the marketplace. Kind of like a reverse of Fortnite Create tools.)

There's also a recently announced Switch version in Japan called RPG Maker With.

XP still seems like the sensible starting place, so it's a good get for those interested imo.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
After I finished college in 2012, I spent 2 years making an RPGmaker VX game with my buddy. It was about 40 hours long. 300+ page script. Multiple side quests and post game dungeons.

The only thing we had to finish was an instruction manual. But we were so burnt out by the end, we never did it. But sitting somewhere on a hard drive is a completed game I made and I'm proud of it.

amigastar

After I finished college in 2012, I spent 2 years making an RPGmaker VX game with my buddy. It was about 40 hours long. 300+ page script. Multiple side quests and post game dungeons.

The only thing we had to finish was an instruction manual. But we were so burnt out by the end, we never did it. But sitting somewhere on a hard drive is a completed game I made and I'm proud of it.
Did you have a name for the game?

bender

What time is it?
I don't, but is it free?

I *think* so. I'm not a creator but here is what my account lets me do:

itch.jpg

Top Bottom