• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman Rockman & irregular Hunter X pics (old but in a little bit larger resolution)

AniHawk

dark10x said:
OK, I could understand that viewpoint here, but you're starting to sound like a broken record...

Just what, exactly, looks good to you? I too remain disappointed by the next-gen and what it's going for, but is there even anything out there you'd consider impressive right now? Anything at all?

Wrong... thread?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
dark10x said:
Just what, exactly, looks good to you? I too remain disappointed by the next-gen and what it's going for, but is there even anything out there you'd consider impressive right now?
I just don't like the look of these. The problem with many side-scrolling 3d games is that they are made on a budget and it shows. The 3d engines are poor but that's not the real problem. The lack of detail and poor art direction that plague these titles are.

G&G PSP looks quite a bit better than these games and it's 3d as well.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
cybamerc said:
I just don't like the look of these. The problem with many side-scrolling 3d games is that they are made on a budget and it shows. The 3d engines are poor but that's not the real problem. The lack of detail and poor art direction that plague these titles are.

No no, I mean in general. You've made similar comments in threads relating to all sorts of games lately.

Which upcoming games actually DO impress you (any system)?

Vargas

ruby_onix said:
I believe there was a line in the Thomas Covenant series of books that said something to the effect of "How can you hurt someone after you've taken away everything they've ever loved? Give something back to them broken."

F-you Capcom.

Edit: By the way, I'm not even opposed to the chibi-Megaman art. It's the game. The screenshots. The inevitable play control. This is a Megaman X8-level crime against humanity, specifically targetted against the only things Capcom has ever done right.

Edit2: Irregular Hunters look like less of a crime than Rockman Rockman.

You mean MegaMan X5, 6 or 7-level crime against humanity. X8 was great.

cybamerc

dark10x:

> Which upcoming games actually DO impress you (any system)?

Only next-gen has the potential to impress me but I haven't seen anything for Xbox 360 that blows me away and remain sceptical about the best looking PS3 stuff. If PS3 Killzone ends up looking like the demo that will impress me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
cybamerc said:
dark10x:

> Which upcoming games actually DO impress you (any system)?

Only next-gen has the potential to impress me but I haven't seen anything for Xbox 360 that blows me away and remain sceptical about the best looking PS3 stuff. If PS3 Killzone ends up looking like the demo that will impress me.
Well, I guess I'm in the same boat...but have become more accepting as of late (no choice, really). The Killzone demo (as well as several other video based PS3 demos) is about the level of quality I was hoping for prior to E3. The vast majority of games shown from next-gen are nowhere near where I was hoping they'd be.

I know you're a Nintendo fan, though. What do you think about the Revolution and the notion that it will be much less powerful than the other two machines? The GC hardware was fantastic (the best designed hardware of the bunch IMO), but it sounds like they aren't even trying to compete in terms of hardware (could work out for them).

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
joshschw said:
the megaman 1 remake looks great.

not so much for the X1 remake... :\

I was afraid I was the only one who felt like this. It is definitely improved 3D graphics but the art-style something doesn't seem.....right. Maybe if it was cell-shaded?

Zeo

Banned
ruby_onix said:
I believe there was a line in the Thomas Covenant series of books that said something to the effect of "How can you hurt someone after you've taken away everything they've ever loved? Give something back to them broken."

F-you Capcom.

Edit: By the way, I'm not even opposed to the chibi-Megaman art. It's the game. The screenshots. The inevitable play control. This is a Megaman X8-level crime against humanity, specifically targetted against the only things Capcom has ever done right.

Edit2: Irregular Hunters look like less of a crime than Rockman Rockman.

The inevitable play control? Mega Man X8-level crime? X8 was GREAT and you are in an INCREDIBLY small minority. X8 controls almost perfectly, just like X1-6, except it isn't a sack of shit like X6-7.

You can say X8 (and in turn, this) is "specifically targetted against the only things Capcom has ever done right" (which makes it seem like you think RE4 isn't done right, btw) is flat out wrong. In general the Mega Man fanbase loves X8. Try not to sound so elitest.

cybamerc

dark10x said:
What do you think about the Revolution and the notion that it will be much less powerful than the other two machines?
I don't think a lot about the Revolution to be honest. I'll judge it when I know more. That said I'm not terribly excited about the prospect of no HD support. As far as power I think Xbox 360 has shown that budgets and not specs will determine how games next gen look. As long as Revolution is not way underpowered I think it should be able to keep up with the competition in most cases - ignoring resolution.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
cybamerc said:

I was just about to say the same thing. Though GnG is supposed to be an all new game I don't think they should half-ass the MM remakes in the graphics. Its fucking MegaMan! X's model in particular looks really under-whelming.

Cheerilee

Vargas said:
You mean MegaMan X5, 6 or 7-level crime against humanity. X8 was great.
X5 and 6 were "uninspired" at best, but I was still able to stomach them. Calling this an X7-level crime is too harsh. It's not THAT bad.

X8 was a step in the right direction (away from X7), but the polys seemed to make it control like any other 3D action game of this generation (just without the camera), which made it play worse than even the sub-par 8/16-bit era platformers.

These two seem very related to X8, so I figured "X8-level crime" was the best way to say it. I think it helps illustrate the basic rift.

(Although the fact that Capcom is doing this to two of the finest 8/16-bit era platformers ever, it compounds what they're doing in a big way.)

Zeo

Banned
ruby_onix said:
X8 was a step in the right direction (away from X7), but the polys seemed to make it control like any other 3D action game of this generation (just without the camera), which made it play worse than even the sub-par 8/16-bit era platformers.

What game did you play exactly? X8 in no way controlled worse than the NES Mega Man games...

jman2050

Zeo said:
What game did you play exactly? X8 in no way controlled worse than the NES Mega Man games...

Well, to be fair the physics of X8 felt a bit too tight at times. Can't explain it, except that the same tightness in the SNES X games was offset by the overall speed of X's movement. X generally moves a lot slower in that game, so I guess it makes it fell different.

That said, there was nothing wrong with the physics, and it's a minor quibble considering how awesome the game was as a whole.

Hrmm, I thought Rockman Rockman had more detail in those scans. Here...it looks rather limited now.

The level design mode seems pretty cool. Shame the DS is getting it, but after seeing these screens, my enthusiam for it died a little.

jman2050

Bartman3010 said:
Hrmm, I thought Rockman Rockman had more detail in those scans. Here...it looks rather limited now.

The level design mode seems pretty cool. Shame the DS is getting it, but after seeing these screens, my enthusiam for it died a little.

Wait, the DS is getting this? o_O

Top Bottom