• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockman Rockman & irregular Hunter X pics (old but in a little bit larger resolution)

BDGAME

FANTASTIC!

Is the graphics 3D poligonal or pre-render?

Oh, why don't launch a game like this on DS too?

Bebpo

Banned
They should throw in the original version with both games since to some people the 2d versions look a heck of a lot better than the 3d remakes.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I like the water in Irregular Hunter X, and I think the cartoony feel of rockman rockman fit.
They kind of remind me of the sega ages games, which makes me hope capcom can do a better job of remaking their old games.

jarrod

Banned
Both look amazing. PSP, here I cum!

BDGAME said:
Oh, why don't launch a game like this on DS too?
I expect DS will likely see the sprite based GBA Megaman series (Battle Network & Zero) continue. It's rumored that the GBA Anniversary Collection is being redone for DS release instead as well.

Bebpo said:
They should throw in the original version with both games since to some people the 2d versions look a heck of a lot better than the 3d remakes.
The original Rockman 1 is being included with Rockman Rockman. I expect we'll see the same for Irregular Hunter X.

Wollan said:
We need a 2.5d version of Strider.
You mean besides Strider 2?

Zeo

Banned
Hermit said:
Ugh, I definitely don't like the look of this.

Why? It looks just like X8, which looked fantastic.

Any release date in Japan for these? I hope America gets them by Christmas. That'd be awesome.

Newduck

Maverick Hunter doesnt look that bad...but it doesnt really look improved at all.

Really is giving me Sega Ages impressions.

Zeo

Banned
Man, some people will always bitch.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather see Guilty Gear-like uber sprites. That would kick ASS. But this still looks great.

jarrod

Banned
Owed T'Alex said:
Yeah, for some reason this poly shit just doesn't do it for me the way the sprites do.
I think sprite based characters mixed with polygon backgrounds/bosses would be the best approach. Something like Strider 2 on PSone... but these games still look pretty great imo and the more fluid animation may be well worth the tradeoff in detail.

Teddman

Newduck said:
Maverick Hunter doesnt look that bad...but it doesnt really look improved at all.

Really is giving me Sega Ages impressions.
Yeah, hopefully these are coming out at budget prices. With the same basic gameplay, the novelty of upgraded graphics could wear off quick.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Teddman said:
Yeah, hopefully these are coming out at budget prices. With the same basic gameplay, the novelty of upgraded graphics could wear off quick.
That's when you explore the level editor and levels created by other folks. :)

Ironclad

jarrod said:
I think sprite based characters mixed with polygon backgrounds/bosses would be the best approach. Something like Strider 2 on PSone... but these games still look pretty great imo and the more fluid animation may be well worth the tradeoff in detail.
I agree. A 2.5D approach would fit perfectly for these updates. While the polygonal characters don't look all that bad, a 2.5D approach would definitely give the game more style. Still, I want to pick these. I haven't played them in ages.

jett

D-Member
Some of those pics are new btw. :p They both look great to me...and there's pictures of all the mavericks in Capcom's site. The models look pretty damned good.

dark10x

jarrod said:
Hopefully Capcom figures out "infastructure" pretty quick.
Why's that? Like other games that allow alternate content, you could just download it on your PC and place it on the memstick.

I recall Yuji Naka releasing a custom map for Tenchu, for example. I believe you could just download it and place it on your stick. I know I've done that for Wipeout as well (though those tracks weren't USER content, not that it matters).

It would be nice to browse a collection levels ON the PSP itself, though...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Okay, color me confused on the X remake screen hate. Looks great. Damn, look at the ocean stage with the wave effect for chrissakes. The shots don't look "improved" from the SNES shots right there for comparison?

Riiiiiiight...

Why is Capcom trying to kill 2D hand drawn gaming? If anything, the comparison shots show just how little Megaman X has aged. The Super NES version still looks great!

The 3D, 2.5D remakes are interesting, but other than training junior team members, I'm not seeing how this benefits Megaman fans.

dark10x

Gaia Theory said:
Why is Capcom trying to kill 2D hand drawn gaming? If anything, the comparison shots show just how little Megaman X has aged. The Super NES version still looks great!

The 3D, 2.5D remakes are interesting, but other than training junior team members, I'm not seeing how this benefits Megaman fans.
It's -MUCH- cheaper to do these games in 3D.

MMX still looks decent, but it HAS aged.

SantaC

Should be interesting to see where next handheld Castlevania is going now when so many 2D PSP games been announced.

jett

D-Member
Gaia Theory said:

:lol WHAT!? MMX has aged plenty, hell, just compare it to X4, not IHX. :p

Fularu

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
Should be interesting to see where next handheld Castlevania is going now when so many 2D PSP games been announced.

All I see are 3D games using a 2D plane, where are those 2d games you'Re talking about?

jett said:
:lol WHAT!? MMX has aged plenty, hell, just compare it to X4, not IHX. :p
Compare MMX to many third party 2d handrawn GBA efforts, and to many western developed third party 2d handrawn DS titles. MMX has aged very little in comparison.

Comparing it to itself, in other words, one of the latest MMX games that was handrawn and in 2D? Yes, it has aged. Still looks good though. Comparing MMX to IHX makes IHX looked old.

jett

D-Member
Gaia Theory said:
Compare MMX to many third party 2d handrawn GBA efforts, and to many western developed third party 2d handrawn DS titles. MMX has aged very little in comparison.

wtf?

Comparing it to itself, in other words, one of the latest MMX games that was handrawn and in 2D? Yes, it has aged. Still looks good though. Comparing MMX to IHX makes IHX looked old.

You're insane.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Chibi Mega Man looks great. All the in-game shots are just plain awful though.

Cheerilee

I believe there was a line in the Thomas Covenant series of books that said something to the effect of "How can you hurt someone after you've taken away everything they've ever loved? Give something back to them broken."

F-you Capcom.

Edit: By the way, I'm not even opposed to the chibi-Megaman art. It's the game. The screenshots. The inevitable play control. This is a Megaman X8-level crime against humanity, specifically targetted against the only things Capcom has ever done right.

Edit2: Irregular Hunters look like less of a crime than Rockman Rockman.

Andy787

Banned
The Capcom site for Irregular Hunter X has comparison shots.

I think Irregular Hunter X looks really good, to be honest, and I think Rockman Rockman looks pretty good, too.

modojojo

Yeah I think both will look really well on the small psp screen. Irregular Hunter X will probably look better than maverick due to the screen size.

Hermit

Zeo said:
Why? It looks just like X8, which looked fantastic.

Any release date in Japan for these? I hope America gets them by Christmas. That'd be awesome.
I have no experience with X8, but compared to the original, it looks pretty crappy in my eyes. I think the Megaman games were always perfectly suited for the simple 2D look they sported on the (S)NES, the look which was part of the whole Megaman-atmosphere.

But perhaps I'm being too nostalgic here. If this was to be a totally new MM game, perhaps I would have perceived it differently, but right now, it kind of feels like blasphemy.

dark10x

cybamerc said:
They both look absolutely horrendous.
OK, I could understand that viewpoint here, but you're starting to sound like a broken record...

Just what, exactly, looks good to you? I too remain disappointed by the next-gen and what it's going for, but is there even anything out there you'd consider impressive right now? Anything at all?

Top Bottom