• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of Kong Might Be The Worst Game of 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
rise-of-kong.jpg

In an extended gameplay video that was released just hours ago, we get a lengthy look at the game – and even a cursory glance reveals some damning points:

• Movement is awful, with Kong bouncing off the scenery, failing to make contact with ledges, and jumping around as though he was weightless
  • Combat consists of spamming a single button in the direction of an enemy and kind of making contact with them
  • Cutscenes are flat-out bizarre and almost devoid of animations
  • Almost every environment Kong enters is empty, barren, and bland
  • In one scene, we saw the player running for around 30 seconds and seeing essentially nothing following a sequence of jumping between rocks and inexplicably falling off them

See for yourself:

VulcanRaven

Trailers looked ok. I'm a big fan of most of the King Kong movies so I will probably buy this at some point.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Why in the world would you let GameMill work on your IP? They have never released ANYTHING that’s even half way competent, and they never will. The only thing you’ll do is damage your IP by farming it out to this incompetent shovelware studio.

Is that cutscene for real? Like it's really just a stretched out still JPEG of the monster jumping at him? Lol, that's some next level budget cutting for sure.

VulcanRaven

I watched some gameplay and didn't except it to look this bad. This is how the game starts and gameplay begins at 1:52

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
WTF with the art direction in this game? Don't they have a graphic designer or something? There's no way assets weren't made by actual artists and put together by a "knows-it-all" programmer in the engine

Hestar69

I thought it was made by general mills the cereal ppl when I Saw GameMill. Even if this game came free inside my lucky charms cereal I'd throw it away.How do games like these get made lol.

Comandr

I asked chatGPT to go ahead and write the apology letter now, so GameMill or IguanaBee, if you're here, you're welcome.

We deeply regret the subpar state in which the game was released and the frustration it may have caused to our players. We understand that our players expected a seamless and thrilling experience, and we fell short of delivering that on launch day. For this, we wholeheartedly apologize.

At GameMill Entertainment, we value the trust and loyalty of our fans above all else. We want to assure you that we take full responsibility for the technical hiccups, glitches, and other issues that marred the initial launch. Our development team is hard at work, day and night, to rectify these issues and to improve the overall gaming experience.

Our commitment to you, our fans, is unwavering. We are dedicated to providing you with regular updates and patches that will not only fix the technical problems but also enhance the gameplay, so that Skull Island: Rise of Kong can be the extraordinary game that you anticipated.

But our commitment goes further. We are actively listening to your feedback and taking your suggestions to heart. Your voices matter to us, and we will be making gameplay adjustments and enhancements to better align with your expectations.

To show our appreciation for your patience and support during this challenging period, we will be offering a package of in-game content and bonuses to all players. Details on this will be communicated to you very soon.

We understand that actions speak louder than words. Our dedication to making things right and delivering the experience you deserve is our top priority.

Skull Island: Rise of Kong is a project close to our hearts, and we are excited to continue this journey with you. We aim to regain your trust and confidence as we work tirelessly to make the game an exceptional gaming experience.

Thank you for your continued support, feedback, and understanding. Stay tuned for more updates on our progress as we strive to make Skull Island: Rise of Kong the game you deserve.

Finally, a game for us REAL gamers.

A fake gamer played Resident Evil 4 Remake, Cyberpunk: PL, and Baldur's Gate 3 this year and calls themself a fan of the medium.

A REAL gamer is able to cherish Rise of Kong and grasps all the subtle qualities that flies over the phonies' heads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom