• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenue and Downloads for every Sony first-party game ever released on the PSN (580+ titles, as of June 11, 2023)

nial

Gold Member
All the credit to Red Kong XIX on ResetEra for compiling this data.
Screenshot of the Excel sheet
43RSfVJ.png

Removed weekly revenue and weekly download charts and sorted by total revenue.

1-33
5O7Jw50.png

34-66
Xzdp0xd.png

67-99
cCBrAP1.png

100-132
knGve5Z.png

133-165
NzBjxGI.png

166-198
FPYyqDf.png

199-231
zy2XR0E.png

232-264
CWhXDk3.png

265-297
m7UJYSJ.png

298-330
26zwnNy.png

331-363
0WqWgfG.png

364-396
nbuUmh7.png

397-429
MkD3u2Q.png

430-462
QLdLIuE.png

463-495
l9JkH2C.png

496-528
xyelT2w.png

529-561
O5M9uUi.png

562-585
BSx34TD.png
Yep, biggest leak in the history of gaming, PSN revenue and downloads data for SIE-published games from November 11, 2006 to June 11, 2023. Over 16 years.
From the Game Archives re-release of JP-only PS1 game, Crime Crackers 2, to the latest blockbuster release, God of War Ragnarök. Everything is here.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Reminder: this is digital sales only from PSN

IIRC, Spiderman plus Morales sold 33 milion.

If they have 13-14 million downloads, physical is at 20 million!
Is Sony lying with this pie chart that shows physical almost dead?

Which pie chart? Sony's games sell very well physically. There was a thread a few months ago showing they sell better than digitally (I think).
Edit: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/all-...orne-7-5-million-driveclub-5-million.1664880/
Image has been removed, will try and find it.
lDhRmUh.png

Just a lil reminder that Sony still sees physical games as important.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Shows how much of a joke Gaf is when it comes to business-related stuff.

If they generate even more revenue with their GaaS strategy, we will see benefits across the board.

I love the GAFers but most can't take the "I like X therefore my assessment must support more X" glasses off. Though clear data like this helps.

We shall see about your second part. Industry is incredibly exciting right now.

nial

Gold Member
Now that I see, Patapon 2 PS4 has its final numbers at 162.242 units as it was digital only worldwide (January 2020-June 2023). Not so bad.

Last edited:

Loxus

This will show us Part 3 not Part 2
Part 3 is going to still sell well, people are going to want to know what happens next with Ellie and the infected world if animals get infected.

QgIbJtD.jpeg

I expect them to have AI/ML companions like Gran Turismo Sophy AI as well.

Not to mention the graphics and animations with the PS6 version.

Which I believe it should like look this as we are slowly approaching this type of realism with current console hardware being the only limitation.

Even if Days Gone didn't make a lot of money, it seems that a lot of people played it. If they can make a sequel that corrects the errors of the original game and comes out in good condition, they could sell quite well. However, not only Sony, it seems that Bend studio doesn't want to know anything more. from Days gone and its creator is gone

nial

Gold Member
Horizon Zero Dawn was really popular in East and Southeast Asia. :messenger_dizzy:
GT7 is definitely gonna outsell Sport once it's said and done. It might not reach 20 million but my best bet would be 15-17m copies sold world wide. This is the only IP left from the PS1 era that's still on the top 10. Crazy longevity.
It will 100% become the best-selling one in the series. Gran Turismo Sport was already very close.

Last edited:
335k digital copies of Gran Turismo 7 sold in Japan, and around the same time in June 2023 the physical sales were sitting at 317k, but just for the PS5. I think it's nearing 1M units sold in Japan alone when combining PS4 + PS5 (digital & physical).

17./20. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 # <RCE> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2022.03.04} (¥7.900) - 3.559 / 317.672 <80-100%> (+56%)

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Even if Days Gone didn't make a lot of money, it seems that a lot of people played it.

"Days Gone creative director and writer John Garvin said that, if you love a game and want a sequel, you should "buy it at f****** full price." As reported by VGC, Garvin was a guest on God of War creator's David Jaffe's YouTube show and discussed many topics regarding Days Gone and his time in the video game industry."

It didn't generate enough money to warrant a sequel. Lots of revisionist history with that game.

Bloodborne is super high up and still no sequel, no remaster, nothing.
Just because a game is good, doesn't mean it needs any of these things.

But I guess given how many remakes and remasters there are....
But unnecessary sequels to games which don't need them, are why we have disappointing franchises.

Holammer

Bloodborne is super high up and still no sequel, no remaster, nothing.
FROM was contracted to do Bloodborne and Demon's Souls while they had a rough patch afaik? Today not so much, when they appear to have a Midas touch. Anything they release will sell tens of millions of copies across multiple platforms.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Man, those VR titles did horribly. Most, if not all, of them surely didn't manage to break even with those numbers. No wonder why the investment in PSVR2 first-party titles is near-zero compared to the prior headset.

It's also pretty clear why they abandoned their indie publishing operations across NA, EU and JP. One or two million dollars (at most) of lifetime revenue aren't worth the pain in the ass.

Top Bottom