• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Review Thread (PS5)

Mr Hyde

My copy arrives on Friday (if the postal service doesn't fuck it up). Goddamn I'm hyped after all the preview buzz. Looks like a solid 90+ meta incoming. Straight up 🔥

Bo_Hazem

Banned
al pacino great ass GIF

Another reason to preorder is the extra suits have 100% tint on the helmet while the yellow pants make that booty pop out more.

unknown.png

Last edited:

FrankWza

Another reason to preorder is the extra suits have 100% tint on the helmet while the yellow pants make that booty pop out more.

unknown.png
I’m still not sure about the physical preorder here. I couldn’t get an answer so I don’t know if it’s only digital or if it’s something that just comes in the box and they’re not hyping

You are on a roll today eh?
Blaming Sony?
Lmao

Who made the 1st $70 game this generation?

I'll wait.....
without any searching, off top of my head it was 2k with a basketball game. However, I do think sony were the first to discuss the topic though. one of the brass said something along the lines of games either need to be shorter and smaller in scope or the price needs to go up. not sure why you are so protective of sony lol. I'm in the belief that we should hold all gaming companies to certain things. they're all huge companies and it's easy for them to be anti consumer to try and maximize profits. sony is killing it right now. I personally praise them for a lot of pro consumer things they're doing, like bringing games to PC. I personally just can't respect the fact that they are making all of their 1st party games $70. I'm thankful though they did realize this with destruction all stars then made it free for a bit.

also, why you so salty about everything?

S0ULZB0URNE

without any searching, off top of my head it was 2k with a basketball game. However, I do think sony were the first to discuss the topic though. one of the brass said something along the lines of games either need to be shorter and smaller in scope or the price needs to go up. not sure why you are so protective of sony lol. I'm in the belief that we should hold all gaming companies to certain things. they're all huge companies and it's easy for them to be anti consumer to try and maximize profits. sony is killing it right now. I personally praise them for a lot of pro consumer things they're doing, like bringing games to PC. I personally just can't respect the fact that they are making all of their 1st party games $70. I'm thankful though they did realize this with destruction all stars then made it free for a bit.

Yes 2K was 1st and 2K has been the most vocal.
I am not happy about this trend but it is where the industry is heading.
It's not about protecting Sony but they didn't start this so come correct.
This price will be the norm on these consoles.
Get use to it or stay on PC and miss out.

Salty is crying about the price and pointing the finger at the wrong party.
Wait a month like you said but know you will still pay $70.

FYI
I paid over $70 in the 90's for SNES/Genesis games.

Last edited:

Unknown?

$70 isn't even that bad, it's GAAS games that are the problem.

ToadMan

negative. this is where Sony wants us to be. i'll wait a month or two and get it half the price. other AAA games i get on PC and usually 20% off at release and then the rest i would play will be on gamepass. so no, i will not support $70 games.

Did you get Demons souls half price? How about Miles?

In fact have you purchased a PS5 exclusive at any discount 6 months after release of the console?

Good luck with half price on returnal next month - people already hyping it hard.

KingT731

FYI
A lot of the issue nowadays is people want to engage in a hobby but they don't want to pay to participate or support it. Gaming has never been cheap and a lot of people forget that and instead we have the proponents of a "race to the bottom."

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I don't understand the big deal about the price hike of $10 it's the difference between chicken tenders and steak one night out at some restaurants lol
I see the natural inflation that should happen.
I mean $10 in over two decades is way less than what we see in others products.

Games become bigger, more expensive, etc and we are paying the same.
If the price raised before then probably the companies may not try to abuse with GAAS, MTX and lootboxes to cover the costs.

Last edited:

Balboa

This game could be good but this first impression is laughable.

“everything is amazing so far music 10/10 graphics 10/10 gameplay 10/10. VISCERAL. This is all after my first death 5 minutes in.

yeah I like to get carried away by the hype, why do you ask?”
I've never seen anybody on Era be first to play a game and NOT act like it's the second coming of Christ, that 15 minutes of fame sends them to the moon and back

trikster40

FYI
N64 games were crazy expensive. Mario 64 and Pilotwings were $70 at launch and that was 24 years ago. And guess what? We all bought them.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

If the price raised before then probably the companies may not try to abuse with GAAS, MTX and lootboxes to cover the costs.
Yes! And we've already seen a few casualties of not getting enough sales to keep the studio doors open unfortunately

Unknown?

It's the inflation tax. According to the first inflation calculator I've looked at $60 USD in 2006 is equal to $78.83 in 2021. A government calculator says it was equal to $80.14, we were paying $20 more in value back then than we'd pay today at $60.

Last edited:
Top Bottom