• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return to Sinnoh region in Pokemon Brillant Diamond and Shining Pearl!

Hugare

If you think that's bad. This sells for $50 on the PlayStation store.

cpqUftJ.jpg
The difference is that no one buys this turd

Now watch how many copies this remake will sell at $60

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Looks good to me. I dig the overall look but the chibi feels a tad overdone.

Never played the original so I'm totally in for this day one.

I expect to see a lot of crying over this and Arceus though.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
....EVEN WORSE!!! Imagine what any other devs could do with this, money and freedom.
TBF we don't know their budget. Sure the IP is huge but we don't know how much budget these people are getting to make a game in 1 year.

_Ex_

What's that? The Switch gets yet another port, instead of a wholly new game? I am shocked. Shocked over here I tell you.

Komatsu

I was expecting nothing, and still got disapointed

One of the world's biggest IPs, with games that rivals Kikcstarter projects in budget

I will never understand what happens with Pokemon and Game Freak

Nintendo is currently run by accountants and will do the bare minimum at all times to maintain their P/E up high - not a cent more.

They know that they can outsource this to a small shop that spent the last 5 years churning out assets for bigger devs (I am speaking of ILCA), give them a mobile game budget and still move millions of units at $59.99.

These graphics... Goodness. How can a series have so much success when the developers clearly don't care half as much as the fans?

Saber

Gold Member
TBF we don't know their budget. Sure the IP is huge but we don't know how much budget these people are getting to make a game in 1 year.

I'm guessing this as well. If anything might be a direct result of SwSh, where theres no reason to spend much budget when the little nets way better profit.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Very likely no more than a billion yen (10 million USD) at the most, more likely something around 500 million JPY. That's more or less what it cost to develop the early 3DS games, with in-house staff, and ILCA is most likely significantly cheaper when it comes to production costs.

Nintendo knows they can sink 10 million USD on this and get 800 million in lifetime returns. It's ridiculous.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Looks like shit. I'll just stick with the originals, at least I actually like them unlike most people who will pretend to like Gen IV for artificial hype.

Kamina

Golden Boy
They better allow me to catch Darkrai and Arceus in these.
Never releasing the Member Ticket and the Azure Flute to activate the respective in-game events was bullshit.

Edit: I can understand some of the disappointment in here, but this is at least better than Sword/Shield.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
They better allow me to catch Darkrai and Arceus in these.
Never releasing the Member Ticket and the Azure Flute to activate the respective in-game events was bullshit.

They already did a dirty move with Home, no way they will miss an opportunity to make people pay for these mons.

levyjl1988

Banned
Remakes:

Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green - 2004
Let's Go, Pikachu!/ Let's Go, Eevee! - 2018

Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver - 2009

Pokemon Omega Ruby/ Alpha Sapphire - 2014

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Pokemon Shining Pearl - 2021

Pokemon ??? Black / Pokemon White - 20??
(probably will roll Black/White 1 and 2 together with DLC)

Pokemon ?? X / Pokemon ??? Y - 20??

Pokemon Sun and Ultra Sun, Pokemon Moon and Ultra Moon is confusing and already have a title in front.

I can't wait until the remake of Pokemon X / Y as so much cut content from that game.

Looks like HD version of the DS games so I don't mind that, I get why people might not like this as the Lets go games looked really nice. I think that's what people were expecting but with non of the BS Lets go games came with.

Vae_Victis

Banned
My god, this looks cheap and quickly cobbled together.

The stylistic choice is debatable, but even if you accept that, this is technically and artistically pathetic for a billion-dollars franchise releasing on a mainline console in 2021.

A "remake" like this for $60 would have been fine on a Wii in 2007. But then again, look at Skyward Sword and it's pretty obvious Nintendo knows how much some of their fans can be shamelessly milked.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How does this somehow look worse than Pokemon Let's Go?

OrangeSun77

Neo Member
I do not understand why people want pokemon to have 4k textures and super advanced graphics, the charisma of the series was always its artistic style, simple and clear with beautiful colors and designs

rubenburgt

I never finished diamond and pearl so might pick it up, but I do agree that it's baffling the little amount of effort they take with creating main Pokémon games. It's one of the biggest IP in the world.

Strange no Platinum remake mention. Are they gonna use Platinum as a base at least?

Did HG/SS use Crystal? Did AR/OS use Emerald?

Trying to separate out Pokemon from the 3rd version of each game to make two versions would take a lot of work, and developing Pokemon isn't about that. They already have two games they can use the skeleton of assets and planning from, after all.

Last edited:
I really think Nintendo needs to get Game Freak some help to optimize their games. There are so many great things about their games, and it's all undermined by their cruddy presentation. The visuals and then performance of said visuals are pathetic for a franchise this large. To be clear I'm not talking about art style. When so many of Nintendos other in-house development teams clearly have it figured out, I don't understand how they let Game Freak struggle.

I loved Pearl when I played it years ago and I think keeping it chibi and top down is a cool direction. If the game looked as polished and pleasing as Let's Go I'd probably pick it up.

Saber

Gold Member
Did HG/SS use Crystal? Did AR/OS use Emerald?

In terms of story? No. In terms of content? Yes.
Unless you didn't played HG/SS and didn't notice the Battle tower and Move Tutors.

DP is very scarse in terms of content and post game. But Platinum added some nice features, quality changes and post game.

Top Bottom