• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro FPS Renaissance

Your favourite throwback shooter so far?

• Ion Fury

Votes: 86 38.4%
  • Amid Evil

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Dusk

Votes: 58 25.9%
  • Wrath: Aeon of Ruin

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Prodeus

Votes: 52 23.2%

• Total voters

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
No cross gen. NO

will smith no GIF

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They will change the name of this sub-genre to "early access fps" soon. There is hardly a single completed game lately. Everyone started to publish a concept demo and try to grab a piece of the pie. Some of them are leaving early access but reviews are not that good. They probably care about the first episode, which was on early access build, and then they don't try hard enough for the full version after they get the money. I think it is important that this approach comes to an end, in terms of the permanence of this sub-genre, which is my only choice as a single player fps.

Doczu

They will change the name of this sub-genre to "early access fps" soon. There is hardly a single completed game lately. Everyone started to publish a concept demo and try to grab a piece of the pie. Some of them are leaving early access but reviews are not that good. They probably care about the first episode, which was on early access build, and then they don't try hard enough for the full version after they get the money. I think it is important that this approach comes to an end, in terms of the permanence of this sub-genre, which is my only choice as a single player fps.
Well i hate how long they stay there, but there are a lot of great to good games in early access and their devs just do it to secure fubds for further development. Which is good in my opinion.

But yeah, most do it for a shitty cash grab...

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Does anyone know when Prodeus will unlock in the PS store?

It's there and i have have finally reached friday the 23 but it is still set as "announced".

Edit: There is a timer in the store. 8h and 38min from now.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

I don't pay for early access nor kickstarters. I know there are some good games in EA but I just prefer to wait until the product is done.

tommib

It's there and i have have finally reached friday the 23 but it is still set as "announced".

Thanks. Didn't even know it existed. Looks great. Straight to the wishlist.

Hellmaker

What does your timer say now? I can't even find it on the store from ps5, while on the app there is no info...

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Have any of you cool motherfuckers tried HYPER DEMON already? Looks very cool, like Devil Daggers but on an acid trip.

• Groundbreaking spherical projection gives the player wide peripheral vision without pinching and shrinking the center of the screen like a traditional linear perspective, allowing fields of view up to 180 degrees.
  • A unique red holographic “rear view” overlay gives the player a full 360 degree sensory awareness of threats.

Tripping Cotton Candy GIF

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
What does your timer say now? I can't even find it on the store from ps5, while on the app there is no info...
About 20 min. Use the search function to find it. However the time is just shown when I use a regular browser.

bender

What time is it?
Cleared the first stage of Prodeus and I'm a little lukewarm. The visuals seem to lack cohesion though some of the effects are really nice (smoke) if not overused (blood splatter). I'm really not a fan of the UI or HUD. The weapons feel punchy but the 3-4 enemies presented so far a really uninteresting. I started on medium difficulty and nothing really packs much of a punch so I may bump up the difficulty a notch or two. I think my biggest issue is that the level itself doesn't have a sense of place. Maybe the first level is just a little flat though. I'll probably milk this game for achievements for AMEM.

Banned
Prodeus makes a very strong first impression.

just as a small PSA, they mislabeled Look Acceleration in this game.
what the devs here call "Look Acceleration" is actually the reaction curve! so no need to turn that off completely.
I personally use 0.40, which vaguely resembles the reaction curve I use in Apex Legends.

the only issue on controller that I personally have with it is that the look sensitivity settings could be higher. I have it on 10.0 and it's a tad to slow for my tastes, but that's not a big issue.

I would recommend to reduce the Stick Dead Zone to 0 tho unless your controller has a worn out stick. even at 0 I feel a bit of a deadzone

al in all tho, yet another small indy dev getting the aiming in a shooter right, while Bungie, 343i and others can't be bothered to enter this decade of controller aiming yet

edit: small nitpick, your aim speed doesn't adjust when aiming down sights for secondary fire modes, which can be jarring since you are switching to a narrower FOV while still having your normal turn speed.

also the aim assist is crap and I turned that off immediately, ruined multiple shots by locking to the wrong enemy

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent

WTF is this, can barely understand what’s going on or what is even the target
Haha yeah, me neither, but I heard the game is really good so I wanted to ask around GAF in case someone has played it and can leave some feedback.

Reviews seem quite positive too. Apparently a run is like a few minutes long at most but some people have already put tons of hours into it, so I guess it must be fun.

Don't really know if the game qualifies for this thread tho, sorry if not. :goog_relieved:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Have any of you cool motherfuckers tried HYPER DEMON already? Looks very cool, like Devil Daggers but on an acid trip.

Tripping Cotton Candy GIF

It is one of the, if not the, worst games I've ever seen in my life.

Developers wondered how their game would look by burning every single component in their computer to see what the result would look like in motion.

Top Bottom