• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Village has surpassed 8 million units sold

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
resident-evil-village-countess.jpg

Last edited:

Tomi

Crazy sales
Congrats!

Let's see what's next, i hope for few days

Last edited:

Zuzu

That's a bit sad though at least it means there'll be more Resident Evil. It's such an average, dumbed down game with a very boring protagonist (though I did enjoy the second half). RE2 Remake is so much better and I enjoyed RE3 Remake a lot more as well.

Last edited:

GrayChild

I still prefer REVII, but Village was great too. Well deserved.

Also, I'm sure that at least 1 million of those sales were generated due to the everlasting thirst for giant mommy milkers.

Skifi28

As good as the remakes are, the main series has really stalled. 7 was good as a spin-off, but trying to continue the main series from there doesn't really work. Ethan is a forgettable protagonist and Village was trying to marry aspects of 7 with a pseudo remake of 4 for the added nostalgia. And then they actually remade 4 and now Village seems like the empty shell it always was.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

Hope they can sell more, 10 millions seems to be the new benchmark (Both RE7 and RE2R surpassed it). Its a great game especially in VR

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
As good as the remakes are, the main series has really stalled. 7 was good as a spin-off, but trying to continue the main series from there doesn't really work. Ethan is a forgettable protagonist and Village was trying to marry aspects of 7 with a pseudo remake of 4 for the added nostalgia. And then they actually remade 4 and now Village seems like the empty shell it always was.
longer franchise is harder to sustain in the longer run.
Unless your game is fantasy game, you will hit a wall, where its harder to expand on the original ideas.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Great game & a very memorable first playthrough. VII was the better game but I loved Village’s Evil Dead tone of schlocky comedy-horror. Its the first game I played at 4k resolution on my new TV so it was eye candy too.

mxbison

Well deserved, I enjoyed it a lot.

Also they didn't drop the ball until the last like 1-2 hours which is superb by Resident Evil standards.

Astral Dog

ReVII was amazing(at least until the last hours), Village tried a bunch of things,not all of them worked,but still a solid game

Ethan is the best

aclar00

It was a good game. I bought it just for PSVR 2 and loved every moment of it, however, it definitely would have been mediocre to me in standard mode. Outside of VR, i just cant quite get with RE in 1st person.

ClosBSAS

That's a bit sad though at least it means there'll be more Resident Evil. It's such an average, dumbed down game with a very boring protagonist (though I did enjoy the second half). RE2 Remake is so much better and I enjoyed RE3 Remake a lot more as well.
i guerss to each their own..i hated the remakes and could not even play 4 cauyse that shit is so overrated. but again, i like fps re better. both are selling well and we are def getting more remakes. lets hope for code veronica x.

Top Bottom