• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymWolf

24026826.jpg
Isn't "am i funny" the right way to ask a question? this thing is messing with my already poor english grammar...

but to return on topic, what do you think is reeee stance on hiring based on skills?!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ac...ndidates-for-every-opening-unworkable.368922/

Jezbollah

Lets look at the two complaints here

1) the person was digging deep at the poster as to why they couldnt work longer hours. borderline inapproprite, but not enough to formally complain about on your second day at work
2) the person was likely borderline racist (more racially insensitive) not directly at the poster.

Basically, the poster who is "shaking" is just an easily offended brat.

Last edited:

Ron Mexico

There's a reason why the "scenario" is straight out of a new hire orientation presentation of what not to do. Not only a troll but a poor one at that.

Based on the part that's remotely plausible, it's an entry level low skill-ish gig, likely some flavor of retail. No harm in that. Money is money. The flip side of that is they essentially bring in new people with the expectation of sky high turnover. As such, you automate much of your onboarding process and most of those early days can be covered by "hey let's gather our new hires in a room, have them watch this video and sign off that they're aware of policy XYZ". Short line from there to the dopamine hit of watching your replies over and over and over.

Ionian

Isn't "am i funny" the right way to ask a question? this thing is messing with my already poor english grammar...

Both are correct, just different.

'am I funny?' would be asking if you are funny.

'I am funny?' would be someone questioning why someone else thinks you are funny if they had stated you are.

Shit explanation but there is a slight difference between the two.

Just depends on the circumstance.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Update from the shaking racist - isn't 8 hours traditional? 9-5......with 30min lunch = 37.5 hours a week. 6 days a week working 6 hours a day = 36 hours. How many hours is in the contract? Rest sounds made up.

7uer31.jpg

GeekyDad

Hold your horses there son. We don't know what the actual issues are yet. If they are spectacularly trivial then he maybe has a shot

He hasn't expanded and the thread has, surprisingly, reached a stage of people being horrified that colleagues might ask personal questions/get to know each other better.
Yeah, read the thread yesterday. Never gives details about the "casual racism," yet people immediately pile on with the cheers. I almost posted asking him/her to explain the "casual racism," but thankfully common sense kicked in and I hit the ignore button instead. :D

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
If a story sounds like it's poorly written fiction from a woke TV show or the first five minutes of an episode of Law & Order, it's probably fake. That's how I feel about the latest "I just experienced racism" Ree thread.

Also, if anyone points out the obvious they'll be perma'd.

Remember when the storied French actor Juicy Smolietey claimed he was jumped by Trump supporters in downtown Chicago at 3AM on his walk to a Subway in negative zero weather and he wore a noose around his neck as he limped off to his lawyer's apartment? Instead of calling the cops or doing anything a normal human being would have done? And people were banned for rightfully pointing out it was obvious bullshit? This is that all over again, only now the remaining users have been so bullied and belittled by the Ree mods that no one dare points out how stupidly fake the entire tale is.

Last edited:

Ionian

Update from the shaking racist - isn't 8 hours traditional? 9-5......with 30min lunch = 37.5 hours a week. 6 days a week working 6 hours a day = 36 hours. How many hours is in the contract? Rest sounds made up.

7uer31.jpg

That's a slam dunk on being a troll account.

You read here Hecht, you're welcome!

Now who provides content to whom?

Last edited:

Ionian

If a story sounds like it's poorly written fiction from a woke TV show or the first five minutes of an episode of Law & Order, it's probably fake. That's how I feel about the latest "I just experienced racism" Ree thread.

Also, if anyone points out the obvious they'll be perma'd.

Remember when the storied French actor Juicy Smolietey claimed he was jumped by Trump supporters in downtown Chicago at 3AM on his walk to a Subway in negative zero weather and he wore a noose around his neck as he limped off to his lawyer's apartment? And people were banned for rightfully pointing out it was obvious bullshit? This is that all over again, only this now the remaining users have been so bullied and belittled by the Ree mods that no one dare points out how stupidly fake the entire tale is.

That thread was shocking, anyone saying to wait for more info before judgement was banned.

It was an absolute massacre. Most of those posters simply said they were not sure.

And their answer after the truth came out? Locking down all discussion. Banned members remained banned.

Last edited:

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
That same dude lobbied successfully to get me banned for their own bad-faith interpretation of my post just this morning. I even went back and clarified what I meant by my post and offered an apology for not being clear, and they banned me anyway.

There's obvious favoritism going on. I never thought I'd be back on GAF after all these years but Resetera has made it pretty clear they don't want me there. I'm politically among the most left-leaning people I know, and I've been an active proponent of women's rights, trans-rights, gay rights, fairness for minority and oppressed groups, etc. I'm not one of those people who thinks cancel culture is a real problem, and I have no problem changing my language and behavior when it is pointed out to me that I could be making somebody uncomfortable.

But honest to god, the mental acrobatics required to read some of my posts and then to launch accusations of transphobia and sexism at me, that takes an extremely sinister and/or depressed mind. It really does feel like the site is being moderated by people who fundamentally don't understand their own biases, and they seem to want to find bad motives so badly they constantly commit Type 1 errors and pat themselves on the back for it.

I feel really sad for the site tbh. It has such potential for a progressive and civil forum but it's totally ruined by the bullying committed by the mods. As users we are expected to just take it and say nothing for fear of the perma-ban. A bunch of clowns riding their high horses around a kindergarten. Pathetic.
Hey buddy,

A few things. You contributed to the reason why Reset Era is the way they are. Glad to be part of that eh? And now you come crying back realizing how ridiculous they are?

You pretty much perpetuate what they are. Do you even listen to yourself?

At least have some self-awareness. Wonder how you will take this board? It's has a mix of views.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
The OP updated what racist thing was said and it def seemed like actual racism and not casual racism. Also..the OP is lying...Just to on the nose. Like who would just say that to some new hire they don’t know. Nice troll though.

Honestly - after reading the thread and I don't know. Does everyone there or even here believe the thread creator? It seems to me they just make these stories up. Fantasies would be another word.

Probably to get some credit from Reset Era members?

I don't believe him.....

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Hey buddy,

A few things. You contributed to the reason why Reset Era is the way they are. Glad to be part of that eh? And now you come crying back realizing how ridiculous they are?

At least have some self-awareness. Wonder how you will take this board? It's has a mix of views.

No need to dunk on people that have started their reehabilitation and have broken free of the asylum. We've got a lot of active normal members from there that have made a full recovery. Those that don't, won't, can't will help themselves out the door soon enough. You're not helping making the transition harder for them.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
No need to dunk on people that have started their reehabilitation and have broken free of the asylum. We've got a lot of active normal members from there that have made a full recovery. Those that don't, won't, can't will help themselves out the door soon enough. You're not helping making the transition harder for them.
I know. Just wanted to see if he is really that dense. 😂

Jimx26

Honestly - after reading the thread and I don't know. Does everyone there or even here believe the thread creator? It seems to me they just make these stories up. Fantasies would be another word.

Probably to get some credit from Reset Era members?

I don't believe him.....
Believe victims....

Always.

Komatsu

Hey buddy,

Sorry, mate, but if you've been part of this board for two months you don't get to shit on former NeoGaf members coming back from Era. D Dylan 's account is ten years old.

We should be glad people are coming over to talk games.

graywolf323

https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot17-good-vibrations.355570/post-57444717 Lol they're really shutting down the entire thread now. Acquisition talks are virtually banned unless they are based on verified sources. I frequent mostly on this thread and it's funny to see the moderation basically dismantle every conceivable thread to maintain order.
the mod had been up 37 hours straight at one point because of having to moderate that thread, sheesh it's not more important than sleep

the mod had been up 37 hours straight at one point because of having to moderate that thread, sheesh it's not more important than sleep

These people talk about unionizing workers and yet don't even say thank you to these poor mods who stay up 24/7 watching these threads

Ymir

They always need to be the victim, even when no one is saying anything or even trying to make a comparison. If you're up 37 hours straight to moderate a board that doesn't even pay you because someone on the Internet wasn't following "the rules" then you have a mental illness and should seek help.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
Sorry, mate, but if you've been part of this board for two months you don't get to shit on former NeoGaf members coming back from Era. D Dylan 's account is ten years old.

We should be glad people are coming over to talk games.

Sorry mate. As I stated - I've been on here longer with my original account.

And of course I do - these are the people that come crawling back and bitch about the system they created and why they got banned in that system they helped foster/coated. He will cause further issues because they're NOT willing to accept other views. What turned Reset Era to the shit hole it's is? You guessed it.

Maybe if he willing to change? But did you see his post?

Good luck to him. But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve shit when people call him out.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Sorry mate. As I stated - I've been on here longer with my original account.

And of course I do - these are the people that come crawling back and bitch about the system they created and why they got banned in that system they helped foster/coated. He will cause further issues because they're NOT willing to accept other views. What turned Reset Era to the shit hole it's is? You guessed it.

Maybe if he willing to change? But did you see his post?

Good luck to him. But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve shit when people call him out.
You’re just gonna sit there and tell him how he’s going to act with no irony? Come on now, don’t paint everyone that ever stepped foot there with the same brush. Especially with him being banned for not thinking the way the mods do. Read any thread there and you see a mixture of people and views. Don’t get so caught up in this thread that you think everyone there is crazy, evil, or some other negative trait you think of.

Ionian

Have a feeling that dude ain't gonna last long with the passive-aggressiveness.

Chill out dude, drink some water. Watch a cat video and then meditate.

Some way to come back, very odd.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
You’re just gonna sit there and tell him how he’s going to act with no irony? Come on now, don’t paint everyone that ever stepped foot there with the same brush. Especially with him being banned for not thinking the way the mods do. Read any thread there and you see a mixture of people and views. Don’t get so caught up in this thread that you think everyone there is crazy, evil, or some other negative trait you think of.

Well - it's up to him how he acts. But I just think it's funny how he came complaining about an environment he helped foster. I see that a lot here. Not unfair to call them out?

And mixture of people and views? I have obviously read Reset Era. There is no mixture of views there. Otherwise this thread on NeoGAF would cease to exist if Reset Era was accepting and open to a mixture of differing views and opinions.

Do I think everyone there is crazy? No. I think there are a few decent posters there.

But Dylan crying they banned him is some sweet IRONY.

lure of high activity and breaking news masks the bubble that a lot of users are in.

And they still choose to stay there.

Have a feeling that dude ain't gonna last long with the passive-aggressiveness.

Chill out dude, drink some water. Watch a cat video and then meditate.

Some way to come back, very odd

Why not? I don't believe I said anything wrong. I just called out the dude for crying in here how he got banned at Reset.

This is NOT serious guys. He is catching some heat - I'm sure he can handle it. It isn't going to bruise his ego.

I had a good chuckle at ya'll getting heated over some silly exchange....

It's some way to come back for sure. Haha.

Last edited:

Ionian

Well you are amusing, will give you that.

But not for the right reasons.

EDIT: He totally didn't watch cat videos, there is no hope.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Well - it's up to him how he acts. But I just think it's funny how he came complaining about an environment he helped foster. I see that a lot here. Not unfair to call them out?

And mixture of people and views? I have obviously read Reset Era. There is no mixture of views there. Otherwise this thread on NeoGAF would cease to exist if Reset Era was accepting and open to a mixture of differing views and opinions.

Do I think everyone there is crazy? No. I think there are a few decent posters there.
What you’re saying is demonstrably untrue, though. This thread survives because of the leadership, not the normal people. When CP77 had an OT, people were getting pissed because too many people wanted to just talk about the game and not their chosen CDPR topics. The moderation did that, not the members. And more recently there was the RLM thread, and page 1 was full of mixed opinions including RLM being some people’s favourite YT channel.

From his post, Dylan’s views on social issues align with various other members on this site and right now I have no reason to think he wants to be anything other than an honest member of the forum. Unless you’ve got an actual reason to think he “Helped foster” anything other than “He was there”, of course you’re going to be called out for it. That’s not heat, that’s pointing out the backwards logic of being intolerant of someone for no longer being part of a site that was intolerant.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hey buddy,

Chill out on the gatekeeping. As long as someone isn't here to be disruptive, or they acted poorly when they departed, there's generally no problem.

Welcome back D Dylan .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom