• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I have now finished reading the whole page 524, and I am absolutely confused.
WTF is wrong in the heads of these people? It looks like they are so deep in their hatred and victim modes that every word is turned and twisted until it ends up being something they find offensive.
They must be living in their parents basements or attics, as there is no chance any of them can actually have a job in real live, or else they would be hit by reality as hard as a brick in the face.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm pretty conservative and get not into politics much. However, I have two sisters and one is anti-capitalism and works for Goldman Sachs as AMU (also boasting that she just bought a new half-a-million dollar house in the suburbs on that salary. The other sister supports every local politician that's left leaning and is currently sending money to the Biden campaign. They can't watch a movie, read a book, or talk about anything without deep frying it in political jargon. Therefore, My wife and I don't talk to my sisters. There's a minority out there who can actually get involved with politics and not make it about everything...but it's a very small minority. Politics get me depressed anyway, so I can't imagine why there are people here who enjoy being on Reset and here.
Try to maintain a relationship with your immediate family. General political disagreements are not a strong enough reason to degrade familial bonds.

bender

What time is it?
I like Tulsi Gabbard. I'd rather vote her into office rather than Biden or Trump, I'll tell you that much. You gotta respect someone who is a dangerous free thinker. Especially when she's hot.

I always found it odd how the left labeled her as a Russian plant and buried her for the sins of her upbringing. And I say that as someone on the left. Young, fairly progressive, anti war, military background. Seems like the type that could earn the moderate vote from both left and right. Instead we end up with whatever is left of Joe Biden. Maybe 60% Joe can be more effective than his previous failed attempts at the big chair.

Last edited:

Saber

Oh-Boy-Here-We-Go-Jim-Carrey-Reaction-In-Me-Myself-Irene.gif

Why the fuck they even respond? Why the fuck you guys bowl your heads to them?

The only thing you guys are archieving is giving them power while making you guys wrong(like calling you neo nazis supporters). Stop looking for money and be reasonable about your work and channel. Stop engaging with them, just make your damn videos.

Heavens above...its getting demented at this point.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I always found it odd how the left labeled her as a Russian plant and buried her for the sins of her upbringing. And say that as someone on the left. Young, fairly progressive, anti war, military background. Seems like the type that could earn the moderate vote from both left and right. Instead we end up with whatever is left of Joe Biden. Maybe 60% Joe can be more effective than his previous failed attempts at the big chair.

Gabbard refuses to concede to their narrative and is therefore dangerous. Same reason they snubbed Bernie. What was that Obama bs recently of him making sure Bernie lost the primaries this year at all costs?

I've always voted blue, even supported Hillary in 2016 after Bernie tanked. I'm big on universal healthcare, pro choice, etc. But those dipshits can blow me until they run someone worthwhile.

its not anime. it's LGBTQ+

Excel basically saying child sex trafficking doesn't matter if someone is "against" homosexuals. essentially the needs of queer people override the needs of everyone else including kids.

It's not LGBT, it's contrarian regressive logic and the echo chamber. Whatever the right does you have to do the opposite to be a good person, it makes no sense. It's almost as if they''ll stop breathing because rightists also breathe air. The way some posters defend that film over there is disgusting.

Excel absolutely doesn't speak for LGBT, no one really does because we're not a monolith. She's only in it for herself, wouldn't be surprised if she's a narcissist.

nush

She's only in it for herself, wouldn't be surprised if she's a narcissist.

We've got screencaps for that.

"I'm a hero for working in a supermarket during lockdown, I don't care what you think about this topic, THIS IS FOR MEEE!"

I'm not fucking joking here.

Ionian

"I'm a hero for working in a supermarket during lockdown, I don't care what you think about this topic, THIS IS FOR MEEE!"

I forget the thread title but was it something like 'SAY FUCKING THANK YOU!'?

Was hilarious whatever it was, the last post in that thread had me busting up laughing. was surprised that dude didn't get banned.

EDIT: found it

He's banned now but not for that.

Last edited:

recma12

I wonder if the Ree posters defending that awful Prince of Persia game would hop into a car, plane or train made in India.

Will they give the POCs a chance or will they be racist and voice quality concerns?

teezzy

Banned
Era skews far younger than GAF right?

One thing I've noticed is they seem very much into like Nickelodeon shows and stuff, and I can't help but wonder how someone in their 20's or 30's could still be watching kids' cartoons on a regular basis.

Kinda strange - no? Am I being biased or something?

MrFunSocks

Banned
That attention seeking “suicidal” person back with another woe is me thread, like a day or two after his last one:

unbelievable.

Ionian

One thing I've noticed is they seem very much into like Nickelodeon shows and stuff, and I can't help but wonder how someone in their 20's or 30's could still be watching kids' cartoons on a regular basis.

From polls they have done, mostly 30's and 40's.

JSoup

Banned

Ehhhhh. Really depends. Lots of animated shows these days are made with a mixed audience. And there is a general agreement that if something is good, it's good regardless of circumstance.

I have an affinity for kids cartoons from the 90's cus nostalgia. But i wouldnt watch it on regular basis. Ducktales still hold up fairly well tho. Nick shows like Ren and Stimpy i haven't watched since those days.

nush

That attention seeking “suicidal” person back with another woe is me thread, like a day or two after his last one:

unbelievable.

Is it Exhausted walrus?

*Clicks*

Yup. Every weekend he posts one of these for a hugbox. Still waiting on Mendinsos disabled gaming weekly sperg out.

Saruhashi

Banned

The reply from the Digital Foundry guy is just fucking laughable there. Why bother trying to appease these people?

"Make a video about a woman Protagonist? Yeah, infinitely worse than one with a man."

OK. These developers made Ion Fury and the main protagonist is a woman no? Yet its not the "alt right" trying to drag the devs and Digital Foundry there so...

I kind of hate how these guys go grovelling and throwing out nods to GG and Alt-Right like "please, we are really against these nebulous boogeyman groups, please".

Jesus, Digital Foundry, the developers made a few edgy comments but you still like their content. Just own it.

"Oh but it's just so bad when we cover a game with a woman in it. Like, extra bad. That's what you want to here isn't it? Are we doing it right? Please don't cancel us."

Pathetic.

Saruhashi

Banned
Why the fuck they even respond? Why the fuck you guys bowl your heads to them?

The only thing you guys are archieving is giving them power while making you guys wrong(like calling you neo nazis supporters). Stop looking for money and be reasonable about your work and channel. Stop engaging with them, just make your damn videos.

Heavens above...its getting demented at this point.

If there was any common sense there at all then the Digital Foundry guy would just say "you are overreacting".

What did 3D Realms ACTUALLY do here?

There is a bottle labelled "Ogay" which is a play on Olay. This is a Family Guy or South Park level joke at worst. Not malicious. Not hateful.

For some reason the word "fagbag" appears in an area only accessible by hacking the game. None of the mainstream reporting really explains the context. Is the word in the code or is it on a wall or spoken by a character? What the hell does "fagbag" even mean?

So one edgy joke and one kind of unclear incident of a word with not defined meaning somehow "appearing" in a non-defined context.

How does ResetEra see it?

Well, 3D Realms is a developer associated with Neo Nazis that courts the Alt Right and anyone who likes, promotes or gives a platform to their games is supprting Neo Nazis and trying to appeal to a Far Right audience.

Anyone with any kind of common sense should see this as an overreaction and call it out as such.

Its almost made funnier by the fact that the game has a female protagonist.

So after years of screeching about the alt right, manbaby, incel hordes hating women in video games it actually turns out that the evil GG scum's favourite game of choice has a female protagonist?

OK.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Do people not realise Digital Foundry is a technical review of hardware and software? They tend to base it opinions off what is is mechanically and not whether the game's easy mode is too easy (cough FFVII:Remake cough Kotaku cough). Fucking Reeeeeetards.

I read the IGN review of Ion Fury (couldnt find Cuntaku). I didn't read any comment about being aware that Ion Fury promotes homophobia. Weird that Digital Foundry is the only one singled out. Something something hypocrites.

D dark10x ignore those fucking wankers and do what you do. If you placate those fuckers they will come back again at you and if you change your opinions because of external pressures it will all into question your integrity and impartiality. Fuck Ree

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Have they made a thread yet calling out the whitewashing of Black Widow and how Scarlett Johansson should've given the role to a person of colour?

Saruhashi

Banned
Do people not realise Digital Foundry is a technical review of hardware and software? They tend to base it opinions off what is is mechanically and not whether the game's easy mode is too easy (cough FFVII:Remake cough Kotaku cough). Fucking Reeeeeetards.

I read the IGN review of Ion Fury (couldnt find Cuntaku). I didn't read any comment about being aware that Ion Fury promotes homophobia. Weird that Digital Foundry is the only one singled out. Something something hypocrites.

D dark10x ignore those fucking wankers and do what you do. If you placate those fuckers they will come back again at you and if you change your opinions because of external pressures it will all into question your integrity and impartiality. Fuck Ree

IGN is too big to go after.

There's a reason why they go nuts like this over an indie game from a smaller developer and publisher. They know that there is a better chance of intimidating smaller teams and companies.

Same with Digital Foundry. They see a smaller team with a kind of niche audience and think that's an easy target. I mean just look at the DF guys pathetic grovelling posts. That's someone just trying to appease the mob.

If these people actually gave a fuck about social injustices related to videogames then some naughty words in a lesser known indie project is small fry, to say the least.

Teslerum

We reject shite like this

And cherish the awesomeness that is

There is no contest, but this is my toxic masculinity showing through.

One made your childhood, the other ruins it.

But hey, remember a few years ago?

*Your movies/comics/games/whatever aren't going to be taken away, you snowflake*

-> Cue to multiple years of doing exactly that with no original thought.

Ymir

unbelievable.
LOL, the guy who got engaged is afraid to go to sleep? Does he not even live with the person he supposedly got engaged to?

Scotty W

Banned
For some reason the word "fagbag" appears in an area only accessible by hacking the game. None of the mainstream reporting really explains the context. Is the word in the code or is it on a wall or spoken by a character? What the hell does "fagbag" even mean?
The developer that put that in stated that English is not his first language, and that Fagbag was his username on an internet forum. He was unaware if the English meaning.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just evidence, for the feds, when they will eventually need it.

funny how in just a few sentences he swings from "Yes sure i'd let my (non existent) daughter be in a movie like this" right into "TLC shows normalizing the concept are an awful mindset".

OB0vcey.jpg

also "more than likely weren't pushed into doing things they didn't want to." YEAH IM GOING TO NEED BETTER THAN "MORE THAN LIKELY"

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
just evidence, for the feds, when they will eventually need it.

funny how in just a few sentences he swings from "Yes sure i'd let my (non existent) daughter be in a movie like this" right into "TLC shows normalizing the concept are an awful mindset".

OB0vcey.jpg

also "more than likely weren't pushed into doing things they didn't want to." YEAH IM GOING TO NEED BETTER THAN "MORE THAN LIKELY"

"I'm okay with having my child in pedo content for all the pedos worldwide because that's art but I'm not okay with having my child in "beauty" pageants for the local pedos."

Like what?

That sure was something, I'm not gonna dunk on supermarket employees working during covid, I wouldn't want to be in their place. But I haven't seen any doctors and nurses go up their own butt like she does. Deep down she must be insecure.

bender

What time is it?
Thought I'd added it

Here's a decent read on the Kickstarter thing that John is bent out of shape on.

Maffew seems to be a name used to pitch the campaign and who's role is greatly exaggerated to sell the project (a seemingly common theme). Maffew also did a podcast (I haven't listened yet):

John needs to realize that you can have friends with shady pasts and that life's tragedies aren't a get-out-of-jail-free card for your responsibilities. Being a good friend would be calling them out on their bullshit. And if John wants to counter with "don't believe the lies", a little communication goes a long way and that responsibility falls squarely on the guy that collected thousands of dollars from his fans.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Part of me wants to watch Cuties in order to formulate my own opinion on it.

But then again, I'd actually have to watch Cuties... and eeewwww.

With most things that polarize the far left and far right, I think you just consider the source and move on.

teezzy

Banned
Ehhhhh. Really depends. Lots of animated shows these days are made with a mixed audience. And there is a general agreement that if something is good, it's good regardless of circumstance.

There's just so much media out available out there these days. I couldn't imagine dedicating hours on end to like Adventure Time or whatever as a grown ass adult.

"It's actually really good dude" Like I'm sure it's fine but idk man, not a good look.

I say this as someone who still obsesses over Buffy the Vampire Slayer though, so I'm probably full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom