• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ploid 6.0
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Just saw the big post with all the different videos where he says messed up stuff. Yep this guy is straight trash. Probably teaching a ton of kids to be horrible people.
main-qimg-177c3419ef12f6244dcf45d09c9fc183

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Anyone thinking “SilentPanda” is a Chinese propaganda operation? I mean

haha look at all the posts from people ready and willing to lick China’s boot if they can own Trump

no doubt about it Era are the types to turn you into the commie secret police
chinese trolls all over era

nush

Has poodlestrike always been an admin?

He's been friends with B-dubs for years, so fast tracked to a status position and has a massive attitude from power tripping.

Reality is, he's a thick fuck with a degree in corporate language.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lol its amazing how every single man in that Ghostbusters movie is literally retarded

i kind of want to see the male fantasy version of that but writing that shitty doesn't exist outside of pr0n

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so where did this idea that "cyberpunk the genre is inherently political" come from? cos i read Neuromancer last year and there was ZERO political shit in that. also watched Johnny Mnemonic. again not a political diatribe or screeching about justice or genders.

amazing to see these people try and redefine a genre that is decades old to fit their ideology

Za6jTQx.png

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

so where did this idea that "cyberpunk the genre is inherently political" come from? cos i read Neuromancer last year and there was ZERO political shit in that. also watched Johnny Mnemonic. again not a political diatribe or screeching about justice or genders.

amazing to see these people try and redefine a genre that is decades old to fit their ideology

Za6jTQx.png

I’m reason neuromancer and altered carbon at the minute, I’ll get back you you after I’ve finished them

Saruhashi

Banned
I still don't know what SkillUp did.

SkillUp does a more "podcast" or discussion type show with his brother (I think?) on the channel Laymen Gaming.

So of course it's just 2 dudes having a laugh and they've said a few edgy things or made a few jokes the mob doesn't like.

For AVGN he did that video where he said he wouldn't review lady Ghostbusters and one of his co-creators said some bad stuff that I guess AVGN didn't seem too bothered about.

I know all the ResetEra Lore. :)
That's what happens when your are undercover trolling day in and day out over there. :)

I know we joked that they'd keep getting worse and worse, especially as we approach the 2020 elections.. but holy hell, it's a whole other thing to be watching it happen in real-time.

Really it's the best case scenario for everyone not completely reeetarded. It's showing everyone over there with some semblance of a brain left, that it's not a place to spend your time. They even help people along by banning them for made up reasons.

Amazing really.. I can't wait to see their final form.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Just hilarious to have a "forum" where mods decide for you what topics and people you can talk about. That's not a forum you retards.
this is the funny thing about the "ACAB" stuff they crave authority. they live for it. all of them are little wanna be dictators.

they want to be told what to do. they want to tell others what to do. they just really love forcing behaviors on people.

Last edited:
this is the funny thing about the "ACAB" stuff they crave authority. they live for it. all of them are little wanna be dictators.

they want to be told what to do. they want to tell others what to do. they just really love forcing behaviors on people.

Need to call out those people saying the Smiling Kid needs to go to jail.. they're just supporting the Prison Industrial Complex!

Even avgn? What did he do?

He's friends with Mike Matei. That's literally it.

That said, he isn't banned there to my knowledge. People will complain, but guilt by association isn't bannable yet there outside of potentially SkillUp which is a gray area since he directly called them out before being banned.

I hope they do go the guilt by association route because then they literally wouldn't be able to talk about anyone. It would be amazing.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Oh my god, PLEASE do it! Ban Dunkey! He's more normie than Angry Joe and probably has more actual contacts in the industry as well. This is also going to piss off a lot of the userbase that's almost sort of cool with the culture there. This is going to be amazing.
Dunkey as well as Angry Joe are minority peopl, that goes againts their "minority first" narrative. I hope that that site will implode soon.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the narrative is "black lives matter" not "black lives first"

intersectionality and the trans thing means white people are back to the front of the line as the Most Oppessed. after all a white trans can claim the same oppression as a black trans. straight black men have no such privilege.

for an easier demonstration:
- the needs of a Canadian trans woman > anything Kanye West says

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it is funny how often they want to cancel POC. here is another

VAokXoc.png

lol imagine handwaving away someone who literally used to work for the CIA because you want more people calling the Korean American a "nazi shithead".

Last edited:

Ionian

the narrative is "black lives matter" not "black lives first"

intersectionality and the trans thing means white people are back to the front of the line as the Most Oppessed. after all a white trans can claim the same oppression as a black trans. straight black men have no such privilege.

for an easier demonstration:
- the needs of a Canadian trans woman > anything Kanye West says

Well Nepthene claimed every white person is a racist.

The majority of trans people on the site are white.

Including most members and they are still an admin.

But in their defense, they did kick someone in the face in front of his wife and child. Although the dude must have been lying on the ground laughing at them for her to be able to do it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
here is the thing about the Death Cult: you can buy momentary salvation (call them Indulgences from BLM community members such as Neppy). all you have to do to avoid being called a racist yourself is to find another person and call THEM a racist. by projecting your racism onto you, you become your own White Savior, absolving your sin of Being White, if but for a moment. this is why people spend all day long finding examples of racism. it proves you aren't racist, by showing a counter-example.

yet they all are! by their own ideology they must be, after all every white person in a system of white supremacy is. so the whites still rule and still are racist even on Era. you can see that Nep has no authority to shut down racist behavior in Kanye West or Candace Owen or Terry Crews threads. this is because he is still a black man in a world of white supremacy. he has been conditioned to tolerate racist treatment of people who do not share the intersectional ideology. none of the other black posters seem to speak up either. they too have internalized that calling a black person a slur is ok, so long as they don't agree with intersectionality.

thus, intersectionalism trumps race. trans > blacks. at least in their current racist cosmology.

obviously black people exist who think otherwise. they don't post there, or possibly used to post and were banned.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Za6jTQx.png
It comes from the fact that the Cyberpunk Genre by definition is political in nature.

From Wikipedia
Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a dystopian futuristic setting that tends to focus on a "combination of low-life and high tech"[1] featuring advanced technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.[2]

Cyberpunk settings are dystopias with corruption, computers and internet connectivity. Giant, multinational corporations have for the most part replaced governments as centers of political, economic, and even military power.

So yeah it's definitely political by nature in the sense that it's a commentary on capitalism and shitiness of people regardless of how much we progress or how much time passes, but it's not the kind of in your face politics that some people might be used to at this point so not everyone might catch it or notice it at first.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
looove when they lampshade "harassing minority creators" and then immediately demand that a minority make a statement

oV53pgc.png
cS5kWRf.png

"as many others have said, it sucks that you are in this position, but you realize, we have to make you say these specific words."

Last edited:

Ymir

looove when they lampshade "harassing minority creators" and then immediately demand that a minority make a statement

oV53pgc.png
cS5kWRf.png

"as many others have said, it sucks that you are in this position, but you realize, we have to make you say these specific words."
And you said words saying you don't support them and that's awesome! But if it were me I would say these words instead so like you really have to say those or you're racist.

teezzy

Banned
What a bunch of ninnies. Imagine actually having to think about this. Gee, what's more difficult - having the balls to be honest with someone and break their heart, or being ripped of the emotional security of a satisfying relationship beyond your control? How is this shit even a question?

bender

What time is it?
Nothing. I think what got their panties in a bunch was how he refused to review Ghostbusters 2016 because he wouldn't be able to look at it objectively. The original is a favorite of his and he hated that it was getting a remake. Those flatlines thought that meant he hated womxn or some shit.

I think the guy that James does a lot of his channel content with made racist comics or something in the past. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon or whatnot.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I was mostly just a lurker on pre-gaf and resetera but it’s so refreshing to be coming back over here now.

Sometimes I see some stuff I’m not comfortable with or I think is gross, but overall it’s a healthier feeling knowing you can have real debate and express yourself without being condemned. There is potential to learn and grow. It feels more welcoming and friendly.

Also, the jokes are better.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
I think the guy that James does a lot of his channel content with made racist comics or something in the past. Six degrees of Kevin Bacon or whatnot.

It's also that Mike regularly makes an ass out of himself, getting into petty fights on /v/ while liberally using the n-word and other, similar words.

teezzy

Banned

Don't let the cops perform a wellness check, they might shoot him!! Hurr durrr cops always bad Reee

Last edited:

Don't let the cops perform a wellness check, they might shoot him!! Hurr durrr cops always bad Reee

should just steal them instead....saves another shooting

tkscz

oV53pgc.png
cS5kWRf.png

For those not in the know, Tom King claimed Jae Lee was a 'Comicsgater' because he made a cover for Cyberfrog, a book created Ethan Van Sciver, who is considered the creator of the comicsgate hate group, but didn't know he created it until SJWs started harassing him about it. Tom then claimed he spoke with Lee and everything was cool, but Lee spoke back saying they NEVER spoke, and things aren't cool. Lee's dog had just died and they were on their way to bury his ashes until Lee started getting hate messages and threats from twitter because Tom went to twitter saying he was going to DC to get him removed from doing cover art for the company. Lee said he NEVER heard of comicsgate until now and doesn't want to be in the middle of this twitter bullshit and thus the SJWs come out in DROVES to bully him into picking their side a side.

This fucked up backwards thinking bugs the ever loving fuck out of me. These people LOVE to claim there is a hate group called comicsgate (news flash, their isn't, it's just people they are putting in a group because they don't agree with them, and throwing random racist 4channers in for good measure) that gates off minorities from the comic industry, but spend their time gating off the comic industry from minorities who don't "meet the standard".

It's a dumpster fire of the worst kind. They are trying to bully Lee into joining "their side" to the point where Tom King is posting pictures of his dog on twitter in a childish attempt to make fun of Jae Lee's dog passing away. And they are a never forgive group, so even if he claimed to be anti-comicsgate, they would still point out his cover of Cyberfrog in order to ostracize him regardless. Hell, this group bullied the comic company Dynamite into firing people who were 'comicsgaters' and bent their knee hard on twitter, and people still quit the company and are STILL claiming Dynamite supports hate groups.

I feel bad for Lee because unless he does what Richard Myer did and sue for defamation and work on his own stuff from now on, it's going to ruin his career. And he's an amazing artist

SCB3

Or just ignore it as its literally none of your business

Ymir

Or just ignore it as its literally none of your business
It's completely fine to call for a wellness check or similar to keep pushing for info after they told you they legally can't is the problem. They need to be in everyone's business constantly.

I've seen this kind of talk multiple times.

"I am tired of this" or "I've had enough". I've seen it written in many different ways and all imply the same thing which would be "This is getting me down."

Well! If such people are tired of the negativity then maybe they should stop posting there.

It's like if you're at a shitty party you just leave, if the movie sucks you stop, if the game is lame you trade it in but these users are lemmings and unable to stop themselves.

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

It's completely fine to call for a wellness check or similar to keep pushing for info after they told you they legally can't is the problem. They need to be in everyone's business constantly.

The cops aren't going to bother to respond anyway. It usually has to be something pretty serious like "my friend may be off his meds and he is not picking up his phone, can you go to his house to check on him?" not "I'm nosy and need to know what's going on with someone I've never met because there are a few boxes in front of their door".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom