• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaDPo0L84

I got confused seeing a comment that we are basically "The Donald Lite" over here when I have participated in a multitude of threads discussing politics and different views and shockingly can still carry on a conversation with those same people. They just outright ban any positive mention of Trump or Republicans that they don't even know what a discussion looks like anymore.

GymWolf

Fucking lol imagine being banned for something like this...

Last edited:
I got confused seeing a comment that we are basically "The Donald Lite" over here when I have participated in a multitude of threads discussing politics and different views and shockingly can still carry on a conversation with those same people. They just outright ban any positive mention of Trump or Republicans that they don't even know what a discussion looks like anymore.
if someone posted that we have a sex with office furniture thread most of them will probably nod and agree
as they lack the ability to think for themselves

Now im going back to figure out how to get photocopier toner out of my pubes

GHG

Gold Member
Fucking lol imagine being banned for somethin like this...

The truth is not allowed.

It's weird the way it jumped and stayed up, yet activity remains the same.

I think they installed the alexa page ranking toolbar thing - their ranking isn't 'estimated' anymore.

I don't know if that means that their ranking is now 'true' or if you just get a free bump for installing. After all, how can your ranking not be estimated if everyone else's is?

Last edited:

Misc

I used to lurk for gaming news a lot here, and when the mass exodus happened I switched to lurking era without making an account. I’ve grown so sick and tired of that website, there’s no news anymore, no interesting discussion, just a bunch of self-righteous assholes like that master troll banshee who are just craving for everyone else’s attention and pity.

And it’s not like I don’t care about politics, or I am naive enough to to believe that there’s no politics in games, the problem is that if you want to have this kind of discussion you have to be open to different views. I pity all era posters who have to review every single thought they express on their website just so they are sure not to be accused of wrongthink. Take all the insane people and their posts out, and you might think that the remaining posts were written by an ai.

At this point, I realised I wasn’t even lurking era for news, but only because I wanted to have a good time laughing at this clown circus.

I got confused seeing a comment that we are basically "The Donald Lite" over here
It's a whispered prayer at this point.

The alternative explanation -- that it is acceptable to discuss politicians without being labelled a Nazi or White Supremacist for supporting the "wrong" one -- is too much for them to bear, so they fabricate all manner of special in-group rules and purity tests and exceptions, until eventually conversation starts to look like... well... ResetERA.

And when you take one of these stunted individuals and put them into an open forum where they can freely express their minds, the best they can do is drive by with "heh heh alt-right echo chamber amirite?" as if they're the first one to do so or a screeching meltdown like we saw the other day. It's not so much because they're stunted, it's because they truly do not see the members of GAF as human beings. "You're all a bunch of neo nazis" the title said.

True Believers must categorize everything through the lens of their religion or else they cannot function.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Fucking lol imagine being banned for something like this...

This is thought police. There was nothing hostile in that post, except if you wanted to imagine there was.
This is worse than guilty until proven innocent, it’s guilty because we know you are.

Thread locked for taking the piss out of members who worship the moon:

Of course - fae is a protected pronoun. Laughing about that story is basically tantamount to misgendering someone.

Scotty W

Somebody should ask Shamima Begum what she thinks about transgendered people.
What I find so interesting about that thread is how willing they are to forgive and excuse her behavior, while someone like Terry Crews is now burning in the pit of cancel hell for paraphrasing MLK jr.

Why is that death cult so appealing?

nush

Gold Member
I think they installed the alexa page ranking toolbar thing - their ranking isn't 'estimated' anymore.

I don't know if that means that their ranking is now 'true' or if you just get a free bump for installing. After all, how can your ranking not be estimated if everyone else's is?

That sounds plausible.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Thread locked for taking the piss out of members who worship the moon:

"Let's try and be respectful of people's beliefs." Bullshit. They have threads pop up constantly shitting over religion. Hell, they have an active one now. I guess because it wasn't Christianity they closed it.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

What I find so interesting about that thread is how willing they are to forgive and excuse her behavior, while someone like Terry Crews is now burning in the pit of cancel hell for paraphrasing MLK jr.

It's because of their (ISIS's) hate of the west and capitalism. The enemy of my enemy is my friend logic.

If their ideals match, they let slide inconvienent atrocities.

Last edited:

Scotty W

It's because of their (ISIS's) hate of the west and capitalism. The enemy of my enemy is my friend logic.

If their ideals match, they let slide inconvienent atrocities.
Those guys who did the racist and the woke guys who agree on everything video should figure out a way of shoehorning an Isis into their friendgroup.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Hard to tell what’s going on here. Is VideoGamesAreDumb doing a parody of toxic gamers? Or is it really that you can celebrate violence all day there just don’t talk about sexy women in games or they think you a weirdo.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Era thinks they're being shit talked by GAF and Kiwi only? Maybe they should see YouTube or Twitter too, coz a lot of people are shit talking about Era.

Tuff McNutt

Your use of "cult" is why. A lot of the prominent Era members have at least one, but usually several of these traits:

* Unemployed/on assistance or if they work, it's in a shit retail/call center/IT job
* No romantic and/or sexual outlets
* Some form of mental illness (usually self-dignosed) that they are not seeking treatment for
* Lack basic life skills, like how to to cook, clean, balance a checkbook, etc.
* Addictive personality (buying 1000s of games, posting 100 times a day, etc.)
* Poor hygiene/fashion sense (ie, 30 year olds that don't shower and wear sweat pants and WWE t-shirts)
* Physically unattractive/unfit (aka low self-image/esteem)
* No "real life" friends, and even their social media has very few connections (aka isolated)
* Estranged from their family (ironic considering many of them are leeching off their parents)

These are the types of people cults will latch on to because they will consider the organization anything and everything. Do you think that Excelchief, someone that posts 50-100 times a day has an identity outside of Era? They have admitted that they regularly break down crying while they are stocking shelves on the night shift. A "loser" by really any definition. But on Era, they can be someone with "power", mostly because they have crybullied and played the mods/system. And sadly a lot of sheep on there want to become like that as well.

poodaddy

chrisypoo is one of the good ones left over there. Wish he'd post here :(

I can't remember for sure, but I think he was poodaddy poodaddy here
I appreciate that brother, I always liked seeing your posts too :). It's funny you mention that, as I just recently started to come back over here. I recently got banned over there for.....honestly I don't know lol. Apparently I was being "condescending" by explaining that one can be curvy and not be fat. and that one can grow their ass through squats. I seemed to have made some idiot mad by mentioning that my wife is curvy and is fit. The moderation over there and the general feel of it has kind of gone off the rails into crazy land; they're fucking fanatical. I still lurk over here, but I'm liking the feel of this place more these days, so this may be my main stomping grounds now. I just wish I could bring nextgeneration and solvanderlyn back over here with me, as they're good folks too. Sol was recently banned for uh......liking air conditioning. I wish I was making that up lol. Have things kind of calmed down over here since, well, you know, the mass exodus insanity and all that?

nush

Gold Member
Have things kind of calmed down over here since, well, you know, the mass exodus insanity and all that?

Water under the bridge, wasn't what it appeared to be. Politics has been quarantined to it's own sub forum, so if you just want to talk about games becuse this is an actual gaming forum, have fun and good bants and also be able to have your own opinion without getting banned for it then New GAF is the place for that. Get a feel for the place then invite your bros over.

poodaddy

Water under the bridge, wasn't what it appeared to be. Politics has been quarantined to it's own sub forum, so if you just want to talk about games becuse this is an actual gaming forum, have fun and good bants and also be able to have your own opinion without getting banned for it then New GAF is the place for that. Get a feel for the place then invite your bros over.
Right on brother, I think I will. Things are so much more chill over here. It feels like Era is just an echo chamber of people being mad about things now, and I just want to be excited for games again, rather than see who is supposed to be "canceled" today for having a different opinion. Thanks for the reply :D.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this is telling. why did mcspook all caps ESPECIALLY WITH REVIEW SCORES?

holy shit all the crying about consumerism and "woe is me" across several threads seems to be mostly about review scores on TLOU2.

9oSdMey.png

Last edited:
Friendly reminder that Resetera is actually on a death spiral. :messenger_winking:

tXkMQJ1.png

From 8000 to 4000. What's the matter Resetera? Still think the internet is out to get you?
Mentioned it before but it’s missing some large chunks of data which was lost due to a hardware failure so that graph is actually better than what it probably is

nush

Gold Member

Someone vote and screencap please.

JJHtSX0.png

I mean they keep getting owned by the votes, now they are just trying to hide it. Stay loosing reee.

cormack12

Gold Member
I appreciate that brother, I always liked seeing your posts too :).

Dunno who you are, but good to see older members coming back to check in on the place. Mostly it's water off a ducks back now, we get called all sorts here but whatever. There's a good crew here now. A bit too many console wars and a bit too many anti-SJW at times but generally good. You'll always get a weird weighting in times of extremism. Whatever you do, hope you're keeping well.

SmugScarceArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Jezbollah

Someone vote and screencap please.

JJHtSX0.png

I mean they keep getting owned by the votes, now they are just trying to hide it. Stay loosing reee.

• I'm cis and I'm close to someone who's trans
    Votes: 146 9.4%
  • I'm cis and I personally know someone who's trans
    Votes: 580 37.3%
  • I'm cis and I do not personally know someone who's trans
    Votes: 700 45.0%
  • I'm trans, non-binary, genderqueer or agender and I'm close to someone who's trans
    Votes: 56 3.6%
  • I'm trans, non-binary, genderqueer or agender and I personally know someone who's trans
    Votes: 42 2.7%
  • I'm trans, non-binary, genderqueer or agender and I do not personally know someone who's trans
    Votes: 30 1.9%

I for one are shocked that almost half those who voted are so angry on behalf of people they don't have experience of knowing.

Tuff McNutt

maneil99

ResetEra Logic -

13 year old says something stupid and racist = Fuck Them, lets shame every college so they don't get educated!

15 year old joins ISIS, has no regrets, wants to come home now they her friends in the middle east are vulture pickings = SHE JUST NEEDS REHAB AND LOVE

ResetEra Logic -

13 year old says something stupid and racist = Fuck Them, lets shame every college so they don't get educated!

15 year old joins ISIS, has no regrets, wants to come home now they her friends in the middle east are vulture pickings = SHE JUST NEEDS REHAB AND LOVE
The apparent contradiction in their behavior can be easily explained by the following:

Does this issue provide me an opportunity to play White Savior? YES 🔲 NO 🔲

Mihos

Gold Member
Wow 45% of Era people even don’t know any trans

Seems the site is 8.2% trans. Compare that to the global average of 0.6% and they have 13 times more trans people than average

almost like it is a very tiny insignificant minority of people even among the super woke

At least half of them are probably lying, also

Wow 45% of Era people even don’t know any trans

Seems the site is 8.2% trans. Compare that to the global average of 0.6% and they have 13 times more trans people than average

almost like it is a very tiny insignificant minority of people even among the super woke

I am going to be an asshole here and say that statistically there are some fake numbers. Video game forums such as GAF and ExodusGAF are already niche enough. I won't argue that two niche sub-groups would not overlap but the numbers seem to be higher. I am going to throw out the worst kind of evidence for that statement and point out anecdotally that even in a college program that is associated with the most liberal of liberal arts students working with counselors, and psychologists that specialize in sexuality and abuse those ERA numbers are higher than what I see from our research on campus.

Like I said niche of the niche the numbers don't really seem to add up.

Welcome back poodaddy poodaddy . Stupid reason to take a ban but its nice to see more people come back. Someone should give you a tag such as "Healthy, Stronger, will live longer"

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
stinkles took a break from abusing his industry position to groom young women for sex to call people who are against violent anarchists nazis.

pOcNt6z.png

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
guys they are RENTING MINIVANS. just one surreal component that is DEEPLY SUSPICIOUS. i mean let's be real, have you ever seen a minivan used outside of official gestapo actions????

29APQKP.png

also clutching pearls at local militia. yes what a dangerous thing for local people to get together and coordinate. oh wait... unless you are antifa then do whatever the fuck you want?

these people don't even realize how idiotic they sound

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I appreciate that brother, I always liked seeing your posts too :). It's funny you mention that, as I just recently started to come back over here. I recently got banned over there for.....honestly I don't know lol. Apparently I was being "condescending" by explaining that one can be curvy and not be fat. and that one can grow their ass through squats. I seemed to have made some idiot mad by mentioning that my wife is curvy and is fit. The moderation over there and the general feel of it has kind of gone off the rails into crazy land; they're fucking fanatical. I still lurk over here, but I'm liking the feel of this place more these days, so this may be my main stomping grounds now. I just wish I could bring nextgeneration and solvanderlyn back over here with me, as they're good folks too. Sol was recently banned for uh......liking air conditioning. I wish I was making that up lol. Have things kind of calmed down over here since, well, you know, the mass exodus insanity and all that?
Good to have you back :)

Dick Jones

Gold Member
guys they are RENTING MINIVANS. just one surreal component that is DEEPLY SUSPICIOUS. i mean let's be real, have you ever seen a minivan used outside of official gestapo actions????

29APQKP.png

also clutching pearls at local militia. yes what a dangerous thing for local people to get together and coordinate. oh wait... unless you are antifa then do whatever the fuck you want?

these people don't even realize how idiotic they sound
Stinkles is worried the demand will go up for renting minivans so Stinkles won't be able to allegedly go full Ted Bundy in Washington or pay more for the privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom