• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REPLACED | Announce Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Discover the dark secrets of Phoenix-City. Define your shared future in REPLACED coming in 2022 to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC, with an optimized version for Xbox Series X|S.

REPLACED is a 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer where you play as R.E.A.C.H. - an artificial intelligence trapped in a human body against its own will. REPLACED combines cinematic platforming, pixel art and free-flow action combat with a deep, engaging dystopian story set in an alternative 1980’s.

REPLACED_Screenshot_01.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_02.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_03.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_04.jpg

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The visuals look like a mix of The Last Night and Octopath traveller, but the gameplay feels a little more cinematic platformer. I am into it.

schuey7

This looked great. Hope that the gameplay matches the graphics. Really on my watchlist now especially since it's on gamepass.

MastaKiiLA

Looks fucking awesome. I'll have to get this on PC. Might be worth getting GP for a month to play this and Somerville.

Reactions: Isa

Rikkori

This was by far the hardest any of the announcements hit, this looks absolutely sublime. Too bad it's not for this year.

Bartski

Gold Member

REPLACED is a 2.5D sci-fi retro-futuristic action platformer where you play as R.E.A.C.H – an artificial intelligence trapped in a human body against its own will.
REPLACED combines cinematic platformer, pixel art, and free-flow action combat with a deep engaging dystopian story set in an alternative 1980’s.
Explore and uncover the mysteries in and around Phoenix-City from the perspective of R.E.A.C.H. who is learning how to be human in a society that has taken a turn for the worst.
Everything is ruled by corruption and greed. The ones in power see humans and their organs as nothing more than just currency.
REPLACED_Screenshot_01.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_02.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_03.jpg

REPLACED_Screenshot_04.jpg

WizeVibez

Banned
Hell yes. I love this retro-but-not-really style. Between this, Mechajammers and The Last Night, I'm gonna be set on cyber punk noir adventuring for some time.

Top Bottom