• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie Fils-Aime to Retire: Doug Bowser Named New President of NoA

Shaqazooloo

Damn, End of an Era. I didn't know Reggie was that old. I thought he still had at least 5-10 more years in him.

Hopefully we can get some good memes out of this Doug Bowser, but considering his last name is Bowser, I have no doubt the fans will get some gems.

Damn, End of an Era. I didn't know Reggie was that old. I thought he still had at least 5-10 more years in him.

Hopefully we can get some good memes out of this Doug Bowser, but considering his last name is Bowser, I have no doubt the fans will get some gems.

Video game business is not for the old!

Saw this on Reddit

dlt0zkshuzh21.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Retire?, i thought he was like 45 or something lol.
He probably earned many millions in this job, so he certainly has earned enough to last several life times. To spend more time with his family might just be more valuable to him than earning more money? And since he was a successful manager at Nintendo, he could definitely get a managament position at another company quickly if he so decides. Aynway, I was also surprised to read retire instead of quiting, because most managers just seem to value getting more and more money (and probably enjoy their jobs a lot, too) more than spending all the extra time with the family.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Reggie to himself after this news:

giphy.gif

Reggie upon hearing that his successor is named Bowser:

NewsSuggest_4428Z7YC.png
NewsSuggest_4428Z7YC.png
NewsSuggest_4428Z7YC.png
NewsSuggest_4428Z7YC.png

Miyamoto to Reggie after he complained about his successor named Bowser:

5x0jee.gif
5x0jee.gif
5x0jee.gif
5x0jee.gif

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Isn't this the CEO that led Nintendo of America to create market scarcity to encourage scalping on ebay for their products? Why is he getting universal praise in this thread?

I like Nintendo, but Nintendo of America does not make good decisions and has had terrible management for decades. I hope the new guy does better.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
No? Why would they want to encourage scalping on ebay, they didn't benefit from that money and it only harmed their reputation with such crazy talk. That was just people being conspiracy theorists as usual just because Nintendo had a certain game plan for novelty devices with limited toy-like shelf life like the Classic Mini whatever systems and underestimated initial demand for them, alongside the scarcity of certain silicon/hardware needed to actually produce more of them. Believing they could have sold several more millions of the things yet didn't for scalpers' sake is just silly.

Last edited:

DangerStepp

Guy is a legitimate legend as he helmed the ship through the DS, Wii, and the Switch.

He's as synonymous with Nintendo as Howard Lincoln, Iwata, and Miyamoto.

Enjoy your retirement, big guy! We'll miss you around here.

petran79

Banned
I like Nintendo, but Nintendo of America does not make good decisions and has had terrible management for decades. I hope the new guy does better.

Nintendo of Europe arent any better. They and their distributors had to pay huge EU fines for price fixing.

Shin

Banned
Perhaps it's old age, perhaps it's nostalgia and trust, but seeing these old/known faces go is like a system dying or something along the likes.
They are part of what makes the deal special not only the software, but the people behind them that brings us all together.

TechJunk

He's leaving at end of an era... with the rumors of Switch embracing an Xbox app, Xbox Live and Gamepass, there could be lots of uncertainty about where Nintendo is headed. I think it's great personally, but if true, it does show a marked change in Nintendo's way of doing business.
At least if it doesn't pan out, he can say he got off the ship before it went under.

Top Bottom