• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Review thread here:

First review i found on Xbox series x
A review copy of the title was provided by the publisher for review purposes

backup here https://yt04ka.notion.site/Redfall-Review-Noisy-Pixel-aede449288014585ae0b4889c54d2a7c
4/10

another one https://cogconnected.com/review/redfall-review/

The Good​

• Interesting enemies
  • Fun coop
  • Cool powers and weapons
  • Manageable open world

The Bad​

• Graphics/art look dated
  • Solo play can be difficult
  • Lacks imagination and innovatio
78/100

Last edited by a moderator:

Interfectum

Fjf3WBeX0AAZZcd.jpg:large

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
A copy if it gets removed

feynoob

Banned
They fucked up the gameplay. This is a nope from me.
I spent most of the missions just running from one place to another without encountering any enemies. When I got to the objective, enemies were around, but their AI is limited. In fact, I would run through an area, alerting enemies in the process, head to the mission objective marker, and then turn invisible using Jacob’s power, and all the enemies would just go on their way. Once you complete the mission, you can fast-travel back to the base, even when enemies are around, and progress the game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is a very interesting review. . .I'd suggest people actually read it instead of just looking at the score to come to their own conclusions. I particularly liked this bit:

"The issues begin with the map that presents a simple small-town map design. However, you don’t have maps of general areas, such as dungeons or small parts of the map. You can barely even zoom in, which makes navigation difficult because you can’t tell if something is underground or on a mountain. Even if you have an objective, it shows as a giant diamond on the map. You can then set a marker, but you only have one marker to place. So, if you want to mark a place to revisit it, you can’t because your marker is taking you to the mission. Further, multiplayer markers are the same color as yours, which is a significant oversight."

feynoob

Banned
This is a very interesting review. . .I'd suggest people actually read it instead of just looking at the score to come to their own conclusions. I particularly liked this bit:

"The issues begin with the map that presents a simple small-town map design. However, you don’t have maps of general areas, such as dungeons or small parts of the map. You can barely even zoom in, which makes navigation difficult because you can’t tell if something is underground or on a mountain. Even if you have an objective, it shows as a giant diamond on the map. You can then set a marker, but you only have one marker to place. So, if you want to mark a place to revisit it, you can’t because your marker is taking you to the mission. Further, multiplayer markers are the same color as yours, which is a significant oversight."
The reviewer might be shit, but some core mechanics is bad.

Certinty

Sounds like a crap single player experience that can be a little fun with friends. Can’t say i’m surprised, everything shown thus far has not been good to say the least.

Topher

Gold Member
Breaking the embargo deadline with this review. I'll wait for others that follow the rules before putting faith into this one.

"As the review embargo is set to lift on May 1st at 8:00 PM PST"

Review embargo lifting in 2 and a half hours later today. (fuck math)

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
In defense of Red Fall western shooters don’t seem to be this reviewer’s thing.

For me it’s going to be what GGManlives, Angry Joe, and Worthabuy have to say.

Doesn’t look good though.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Breaking the embargo deadline with this review. I'll wait for others that follow the rules before putting faith into this one.

"As the review embargo is set to lift on May 1st at 8:00 PM PST"

Review embargo lifting in 2 and a half hours.
It's not even 8pm GMT in 2 and a half hours. Your math is a bit off.

Hilarious.

Forspoken is a 2nd party game that everyone knew 2 years out was going to be bonafide shite.

Redfall is 1st party game that was the "one more" at an Xbox Showcase. Terrible.
Forspoken is not a second party game. Sony did not fund or use its studios for Forspoken. Sony just bought exclusive rights to Forspoken. Death Stranding or the upcoming Rise of the Ronin are 2nd party. Sony is publishing and funding these studios they don't own to release games for them

Nydius

Review embargo lifting in 2 and a half hours.
I know it’s early and I haven’t had my coffee yet to reliably do mental tasks, but I’m pretty sure 2.5 hours from now isn’t 8pm Pacific time seeing as how it’s only 5:30am Pacific time currently.

Topher

Gold Member
It's not even 8pm GMT in 2 and a half hours. Your math is a bit off.
I know it’s early and I haven’t had my coffee yet to reliably do mental tasks, but I’m pretty sure 2.5 hours from now isn’t 8pm Pacific time seeing as how it’s only 5:30am Pacific time currently.

ah shit. I read it as AM. Guess I should finish drinking my coffee as well.

lol.....thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
Any person of sound mind could tell from all of the videos released that this game was not going to be a big hit. I’m hoping it’s an outlier for anyone excited for this.

Xbox Twitter mob will scream all day about how good it really is, how reviewers didn’t give it a fair shot or how it’s better than that piece of shit Forspoken. Fanboys are fucking wild these days.

Nydius

ah shit. I read it as AM. Guess I should finish drinking my coffee as well.

lol.....thanks for the correction.
It’s all good. I do agree with you though:

Dropping a hypercritical review intentionally breaking embargo is a bit suspect. Even in the state we’ve seen in the videos, 4 feels very clickbaity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom