• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recommend what I should do with my life and I'll possibly do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading through the replies but I feel the need to add some more bulletpoints:

My dad is a verbally abusive maniac.

My mom has untreated depression and gave up entirely on life at only 66.

My brother and sister both have addiction problems. Brother is currently off alcohol and hard drugs but smokes pot nonstop, and my sister is off heavy drugs but is a big drunk.

I live with all of the above.

Leave.

You're living on a toxic environment, thats why you're stuck, and it will be very very hard for you to get out of it without leaving. Sell everything you have and leave.

If you have the time, I would recommend exercising more and putting in the time to get in shape. It has done wonders for my self esteem and motivation.

I feel like "get healthy" is always the number 1 advice given.

I just got some shoes to start exercising more; might buy DDP Yoga as well, if it's sold digitally.

I am in the same boat. Going no where and getting treated like a bitch by my dad and sister. I need to move out asap snd continue going to school at night etc.

I am in the same boat. Going no where and getting treated like a bitch by my dad and sister. I need to move out asap snd continue going to school at night etc.

Yeah I get treated as the "errand boy" for the family, even while I have a full time job. I guess they got used to it since I was unemployed for so long.

IISANDERII

How about teaching English overseas? I feel stuck in a rut too and am thinking of teaching in s Korea. I've read great experiences.

Armadilo

Banned
similar life currently, anybody know any programs or jobs that hire people with no prior experience ? Guys if your similar then believe... believe that the next day can change for the better and just know that what you have now is nothing and that everything is coming just believe

similar life currently, anybody know any programs or jobs that hire people with no prior experience ? Guys if your similar then believe... believe that the next day can change for the better and just know that what you have now is nothing and that everything is coming just believe

If you're in the US and between 18-24 years old, I'd check this out. Had a friend in a similar situation go through the program and has some experience and connections now. Each city differs so I can't really comment on it as a whole.

Year Up

Best of luck to you and OP, I'd suggest checking this site out as well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I didn't graduate until I was 20. Heaven forbid I messed up big time. A third year senior in HS. I had nothing figured out besides getting that diploma. Went to school for ages and now I'm doing okay. I'm still in school, but I chose healthcare. Some days it's like being in a swimming pool with everyone else. You aren't alone, but you aren't unique.

I'm not some expert at advice, but I would say pick a hobby, get in shape, find someone, and let go. Don't keep this negative thought process. Age isn't a determining factor. I've been told to join the army. Get out there and see the world, but it's not my first choice and the recruiter thought I was too old to benefit from it. That was shocking. He insisted I finish school and we never spoke again.

Make up your resume, hit the mats with your feet first, and do something. You can lose weight in no time, just stay committed to it.

Sometimes getting into shape changes a person's life for the best.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, so I'm in there with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom