• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank PS5 60fps Patch is live

I like this game but there are two issues:

1. Its pretty dang short

2. There is a weird amount of grinding if you are going for a Platinum. I booted up my old save and I only needed to level up 4 weapons or so and it took almost a complete additional playthrough to do it. What I didnt realize is that your weapon level progress doesnt reset if you die, so its best to find a big group of enemies and just keep replaying the same section to level up faster.

Zoro7

Banned
I like this game but there are two issues:

1. Its pretty dang short

2. There is a weird amount of grinding if you are going for a Platinum. I booted up my old save and I only needed to level up 4 weapons or so and it took almost a complete additional playthrough to do it. What I didnt realize is that your weapon level progress doesnt reset if you die, so its best to find a big group of enemies and just keep replaying the same section to level up faster.
This is why I don't plat games often. Having to spend time doing something that isn't enjoyable just isn't for me. I don't care for trophies enough.

Shmunter

New update just dropped 1.09. Not sure if placebo, but motion blur seems to have been reduced for PS5/60. Looks even better now, incredible.

The previous motion blur was great for 30 frames per second, but too heavy for 60.

Can anybody confirm my observation?

Duchess

There was someone on Reddit the other say who had a theory that the reason Horizon Zero Dawn didn't drop at the same time as the other April Play At Home games is because Sony want to do final testing on a 60fps PS5 patch.

Interesting theory. 99% unlikely to happen, though.

If it does happen ... awesome.

Top Bottom