• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radeon RX 7700 & RX 7600 Graphics Cards At Computex 2023

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
At least Nvidia tried. They gave the market a good option at $599.

AMD product stack is weird.

7900 XTX $1000 MSRP
7900 XT $900 MSRP
7600 XT $300-350?

Where is the midrange?

They haven’t given a good option! The market has decided this card is overpriced as well, hence the reason they’re giving away $100 Steam cards a week after launch. Let’s not kid ourselves.

AMD’s stack is very odd indeed. I can only guess that they’re watching Nvidia flail around, and are wisely going after the segment that’s also ignored by Nvidia. At $650 I think the 6950XT is a strong offering, and honestly I don’t see a 7800XT beating that performance for dollar. It’s not going to be a good look, so let Nvidia continue to take the heat for poor value.

It’s just not a good price for performance generation for GPUs period. Doesn’t matter if it’s AMD or Nvidia. Hopefully Intel continues to make some strides, and doesn’t get greedy.

Edit: AMD already dropped the msrp of the 7900XT to $800. $900 was stupid on their part.

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

They haven’t given a good option! The market has decided this card is overpriced as well, hence the reason they’re giving away $100 Steam cards a week after launch. Let’s not kid ourselves.

AMD’s stack is very odd indeed. I can only guess that they’re watching Nvidia flail around, and are wisely going after the segment that’s also ignored by Nvidia. At $650 I think the 6950XT is a strong offering, and honestly I don’t see a 7800XT beating that performance for dollar. It’s not going to be a good look, so let Nvidia continue to take the heat for poor value.

It’s just not a good price for performance generation for GPUs period. Doesn’t matter if it’s AMD or Nvidia. Hopefully Intel continues to make some strides, and doesn’t get greedy.
uh oh, you said the trigger phrase. Prepare yourself...

Leonidas

It is a good option. We are in a recession so sales are down.
I can only guess that they’re watching Nvidia flail around, and are wisely going after the segment that’s also ignored by Nvidia.
Nvidia will most likely launch the 4060 and/or 4060 Ti at around the same time as AMD does the 7600 XT. Nvidia isn't giving up any segment to AMD. Nvidia has had a steady release of cards since the launch last year while it seems to be a ~6 month gap with AMD. 4060 will probably be the highest selling card this gen, as usual.

Last edited:

Crayon

Waiting for that next price drop to get rid of 6800's.

basketball-player.gif

Nvzman

In which games? Benchmarks I’ve seen the A770 isn’t anywhere near 3070 level.
performance-2560-1440.png

performance-rt-2560-1440.png

metro-exodus-rt-2560-1440.png

Spider-Man also gets very similar numbers but unfortunately you'd have to look at YouTube benchmarks for that one.
In a large amount of games at the moment the A770 is close to a 3060ti, but there are plenty of games where it performs closer to a 3070. Its still impressive as its a $340 card (and possibly cheaper) versus $450-550 cards and doesn't suffer from the VRAM issues of the 3060ti/70 at all. Its arguably the best mid-range value for the extra VRAM, and the A750 is the best lower end card in value period, as its only slightly slower than the A770 and that one is like $240.

Its also important to note that at launch the A770/A750 was much worse in performance, and as a result a lot of benchmarks from back then are basically obsolete. Through driver updates the performance has increased by a lot, and games that used to have problems (Dead Space) now run basically flawlessly. Any older game still exhibiting issues can just have DXVK applied to it and it should run fine.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
performance-2560-1440.png

performance-rt-2560-1440.png

metro-exodus-rt-2560-1440.png

Spider-Man also gets very similar numbers but unfortunately you'd have to look at YouTube benchmarks for that one.
In a large amount of games at the moment the A770 is close to a 3060ti, but there are plenty of games where it performs closer to a 3070. Its still impressive as its a $340 card (and possibly cheaper) versus $450-550 cards and doesn't suffer from the VRAM issues of the 3060ti/70 at all. Its arguably the best mid-range value for the extra VRAM, and the A750 is the best lower end card in value period, as its only slightly slower than the A770 and that one is like $240.

Its also important to note that at launch the A770/A750 was much worse in performance, and as a result a lot of benchmarks from back then are basically obsolete. Through driver updates the performance has increased by a lot, and games that used to have problems (Dead Space) now run basically flawlessly. Any older game still exhibiting issues can just have DXVK applied to it and it should run fine.

That’s pretty impressive. Plus that 16GB of VRAM.

PeteBull

At least Nvidia tried. They gave the market a good option at $599.

AMD product stack is weird.

7900 XTX $1000 MSRP
7900 XT $900 MSRP
-
-
-
-
7600 XT $300? (probably going to be 8 GB too, an amount some here scoff at)

Where is the midrange?
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xt-gpu-drops-to-799-100-under-msrp 7900xt msrp got reduced to 800$ after few months of non existant sales of that model, so it can compete with 4070ti(and imo is better buy/value coz of 20gigs of vram/10% more perf on avg) if some1 is buying gpu to last at least 4-5years, for 1-2years i think argument is there for 4070ti to be still viable.

Leonidas

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7900-xt-gpu-drops-to-799-100-under-msrp 7900xt msrp got reduced to 800$ after few months of non existant sales of that model, so it can compete with 4070ti(and imo is better buy/value coz of 20gigs of vram/10% more perf on avg) if some1 is buying gpu to last at least 4-5years, for 1-2years i think argument is there for 4070ti to be still viable.
The MSRP is not $800, though, AMD.com has it listed for $849. Seems the official MSRP is still $899, AMD.com is listing $849 as a "Sale" price.

The market adjusted the price, not AMD.

RX 7900 XT sales seem non-existent at $800 too, there's a few models on Newegg now at $779.

The case can be made for either card, I think the VRAM thing is blown out of proportion. 12 GB will be fine for a while unless developers want their games to sell poorly.

AMD cards are a tiny fraction of the market and if you want more than 12 GB on Nvidia you have to spend around $1200. 12 GB should be what developers target for as there will be far more 12 GB cards sold than 16/20/24 GB cards.

PeteBull

The case can be made for either card, I think the VRAM thing is blown out of proportion. 12 GB will be fine for a while unless developers want their games to sell poorly.
Im banking on it as 3080ti user myself lol, but playing in 4k , some bad ports/especially sony exclusives, are bruteforced, and in 4k those textures gonna eat tons of vram- luckily played last of us many years back but im sure some other game will be like that too.

And ofc at nvidias 5k series launch i will have to upgrade no matter what, cant be helped here, dunno if i buy flagship or maybe 1card below, will see how the value and overall performance looks by then, so dunno in 1,5-2years maybe, but im already preparing mentally for nasty price around 2k usd msrp =/

Last edited:

PeteBull

So with those new amd chips should we expect decent price on these?
No idea, i know we all repeat this borning sentence but- wait for independend benchmarks, check ur local streetprice or online price if u buy online, and only then make knowledgeable decision if and what particular card/model u wanna buy, dont give in to buyers fewer.

winjer

Gold Member

AMD is expected to debut its performance-segment Radeon RX 7600 RDNA3 graphics card in May-June 2023, with board partners expected to show off their custom-design cards in the 2023 Computex (June). Moore's Law is Dead reports that they've spoken to a source with access to an early graphics card sample running the 5 nm "Navi 33" silicon that powers the RX 7600. This card, with development drivers (which are sure to be riddled with performance limiters); offers a 11% performance uplift over the Radeon RX 6650 XT, and a gaming power draw of 175 W (the RX 6650 XT pulls around 185-190 W).

This is still an early sample running development drivers, but a 11% performance boost puts it in the league of the Radeon RX 6700 XT. Should a production RX 7600 with launch-day drivers put on another 5-7% performance over this, the RX 7600 could end up with performance roughly matching the RX 6750 XT (a slim performance lead over the RTX 3070 in 1080p gaming). Should its power draw also hold, one can expect custom-design graphics cards to ship with single 8-pin PCIe power connectors. A couple of nifty specs of the RX 7600 also leaked out in the MLID report: Firstly, that 8 GB will remain the standard memory size for the RX 7600, as it is for the current RX 6650 XT. Secondly, the RX 7600 engine clock is reported to boost "above" 2.60 GHz.

Bojji

They can go fuck themselves with this useless GPU (same for 4060 line from NV), 6700XT will still be much better choice.

Bojji

Things are looking very bad for this generation of GPUs, from both AMD and NVidia.

Exactly, AMD kind of fucked themselves because there is still a lot of 6xxx cards that are packed with VRAM and perfectly capable to play modern games for years to come, they can't really launch anything much slower than 7900XT bacause 6950XT exist.

Nvidia does whatever the fuck they want, lol.

I'm getting 4070 today but it pains me that i have to pay x% more for the same 3080 performance just with more ram and features, and i was there at 3080 launch and wanted to buy it (but there was no supply, ended up with 3070). 4070 is the only new cards that is somewhat reasonable to buy, if i didn't want Nvidia features i would stick with my 6800, or bought 6800XT/6900XT if i didn't have Navi already.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
If the 7600 series has 8GB they will be useless.
12gb is the new entry level, if the 6700xt could make it viable 2 years ago, I see no reason why the 7600 can't in 2023.

I do not for a second buy any of these cost excuses, the ram is not expensive, this is purely a method to force upselling us.

Leonidas

11-15% uplift gen over gen while using similar power is abysmal.

Sounds like the 3060 Ti might be faster.

This should be a $250 GPU, but knowing AMD they'll probably go for $300 MSRP...

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The MSRP is not $800, though, AMD.com has it listed for $849. Seems the official MSRP is still $899, AMD.com is listing $849 as a "Sale" price.

The market adjusted the price, not AMD.

RX 7900 XT sales seem non-existent at $800 too, there's a few models on Newegg now at $779.

AMD cards are a tiny fraction of the market and if you want more than 12 GB on Nvidia you have to spend around $1200. 12 GB should be what developers target for as there will be far more 12 GB cards sold than 16/20/24 GB cards.
https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-has-effectively-announced-a-dollar100-price-cut-for-the-rx-7900-xt/#:~:text=Now, AMD has informed us that it is,for just $799, down from its $899 MSRP

I notice the tech channels are ringing the alarm online about VRAM not being enough, yet Nvidia fans on message boards want to keep pretending it’s not.
Have you seen how poorly developers are optimizing PC games lately? I wouldn’t bank on developers not going above 12GB in the next year or two, and I certainly wouldn’t want my $850 GPU to have to turn down settings that soon.

We’re literally seeing it firsthand with 8GB cards right now. Resident Evil looked like shit on my 3070ti. DLSS couldn’t save it.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

DaGwaphics

It's already been assumed for quite a while that the 7600 line was 8GB right? I thought they were even using the same boards as the 6600 line to save money?

The 7700 is probably the most interesting of the two, assuming they get more memory on those. The introductory prices won't be great but once they have factories full of them they might be great values in a year.

winjer

Gold Member
Seems like the 7800XT's are back in the menu.

The eagerly awaited AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT has been spotted in a Geekbench benchmark result, fueling speculation about its imminent release.

The test system, labeled as "Advanced Micro Devices X670_E7", seemingly an internal AMD test configuration, was powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU and a massive 64 GB of RAM, running on Debian Linux.

Notably, the benchmark results of the Radeon RX 7800 XT may raise eyebrows, given its somewhat underwhelming performance. The card was assessed using Geekbench's Vulkan test, where it posted a score of 113,819 points. This score matches the performance of an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT, which was previously tested on an older Ryzen 7 5700X system equipped with 32 GB of RAM. However, it's too early to pass judgment on the RX 7800 XT's capabilities based on this alone.

Interestingly, this listing could imply that AMD is gearing up to unveil its RX 7800 XT GPUs. However, the exact release date remains shrouded in uncertainty. It's speculated that the launch of the RX 7800 XT might be postponed, with AMD potentially rolling out lower-tier cards first. Despite these rumors, the excitement surrounding the RX 7800 XT's launch is palpable.

As Computex approaches, we may soon hear an official statement from AMD regarding the RX 7800 XT's launch. Until then, we can only anticipate and hope that this new entrant in the graphics card market will meet the high expectations.

FireFly

11-15% uplift gen over gen while using similar power is abysmal.

Sounds like the 3060 Ti might be faster.

This should be a $250 GPU, but knowing AMD they'll probably go for $300 MSRP...
Technically the 3060 had a similar power efficiency boost over the 2060.

SolidQ

Last edited:

hinch7

Full RDNA3 lineup
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7950 XTX | RDNA3 | gfx1100 | Full | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7950 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1100 | Full | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX | RDNA3 | gfx1100 | Full | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1100 | Full | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1101 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7700 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7600 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7500 XT | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7600M XT | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7600M | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 7600S | RDNA3 | gfx1102 | Runtime | ✅

Looks like a refresh is on the table.. 7950 XT and 7950 XTX. I'm guessing this will be the fixed Navi 31 stepping.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Accurate? Between Moore's Law is Dead, Red Gaming Tech and Adored TV, they threw every possibility imaginable about RDNA3.
All of them failed, except the few that hit, because even a broken clock has the right time twice a day.

Oh, RDNA 3 rumours were wild. I had so many arguments on here just to lower expectations. The rumours were just some magic quantum parallel universe where clocks are super high, watts are super low and somehow also trouncates Nvidia in every fields on a similar foundry node... some peoples are just insane.. MLID is the worst offender. He deletes the videos often when he's proven completely off.

Kataploom

Gold Member
This could be a really interesting part depending on the pricing. Will they go back to last-gen MSRP (that might be a little high) or do they make it a little bit more reasonable from the start?
AFAIK AIB partners were crying over "not knowing how to price new GPU to avoid profits loses" so I think they'll put them as high as possible.

hinch7

Oh, RDNA 3 rumours were wild. I had so many arguments on here just to lower expectations. The rumours were just some magic quantum parallel universe where clocks are super high, watts are super low and somehow also trouncates Nvidia in every fields on a similar foundry node... some peoples are just insane.. MLID is the worst offender. He deletes the videos often when he's proven completely off.
I remember them 'leaking' Navi 31 as 2-2.5x jump over Navi 21 lol.

Its ended up being like 1.3X or 1.4-1.5X in raytracing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
~300-330 dollars.
So same launch price as the 6600.
SAPPHIRE-RX-7600-PULSE-HERO-BANNER-768x266.jpg

The architectural advancements dont seem that great so this thing better frikken fly otherwise its gonna get eaten up by thr 6700XT which comes with 12Gb of VRAM and cost 320.

Screenshot-147.png

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Yea fuck this gen. AMD is following Nvidia's steps

Intel save us

8GB.... the only hope we have at this point is intel, how ironic

Launching end of May? 8gb....

Cmon Intel....arc 750 is a decent card tbh...I hope they gain some market share.

Intel really is our only hope.

Intel Arc B770:
A 3080/4070 class card with 16GB of VRAM at well under 500 dollars.
If they can find a way to bring it under 400 (even 399) then please gamers buy that thing, and leave all these AMD and Nvidia products on the shelves.
Both will have to learn what a price cut is sooner rather than later......and Nvidia can stop being bitches, the 4070(ti) PCB has 2 unused memory slots......what were those cards actually supposed to be....16GB?

I can all but guarantee there will be empty slots on the 4060(ti) PCBs as well.

hinch7

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Yea fuck this gen. AMD is following Nvidia's steps

Intel save us
10-15% increase (supposedly) in performance in two years over the 6600XT. Launching after last gen stuff is being discounted at the same MSRP during the crypto boom.. lol. RDNA 3 sucks.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
During the crypto boom, you almost had to pray that the graphics card wouldn't break. Now with the crappy new graphics card generation, you have to pray again that your old graphics card doesn't break, because you're buying the same graphics card again. And probably pay more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom