• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radeon RX 7600XT 16GB - Review Thread

winjer

Gold Member

average-fps-1920-1080.png

New Drivers:

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The launch of the 7700XT and 7800XT left AMD with just too much good will. They had to do something about that... :messenger_tongue:

It does look like the 6700XT is just about dried up with AMD positioning the 7600XT as the de facto replacement for it. That's a loss for gamers.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

This is not a terrible card for the price considering it has 16 GB of memory.

In comparison to what had been the AMD product available at this price point, it doesn't look that compelling. But, the users that grab it should always be able to use ultra textures I guess, that would be the benefit of the memory capacity here.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
These 16GB cards like 4060 Ti and 7600 XT can be useful as value oriented entry options for memory-hungry programs like stable diffusion, UE and 3d app development, and video editing. For a hobbyist or student they can be extremely useful without breaking the bank.

Neon Xenon

Very briefly (like, maybe earlier this week?) I was considering upgrading from an XFX RX 6950 XT that I got last year. But now...I don't think it's going anywhere for at least another year.

Seeing the reviews on this has made me consider what my next upgrade could be, though. Got a 5600X CPU that I was looking to step up to a 5800X.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Remember when $300-400 mid range gpus used to match previous gen high end gpus? Well those days are gone thanks to AMD and Nvidia. Nowdays we are lucky if they offer a 10% improvement over the Gpu they replace

If the rumors are true about the coming Intel GPUs, they might at least offer a good jump over the previous models.

winjer

Gold Member
Very briefly (like, maybe earlier this week?) I was considering upgrading from an XFX RX 6950 XT that I got last year. But now...I don't think it's going anywhere for at least another year.

Seeing the reviews on this has made me consider what my next upgrade could be, though. Got a 5600X CPU that I was looking to step up to a 5800X.

That would make little difference.
The 5800X3D would be the right choice.

Neon Xenon

That would make little difference.
The 5800X3D would be the right choice.
Yeah, I considered if anything lower than the 5800X3D would be enough of a step up.
There's also 5900X I'm seeing for cheaper for where I'm at, but I'm reading that this would be better for productivity tasks. I am thinking about working with Blender at some point.

More research I'd like to do, but I'll probably go for the former.

Last edited:

MikeM

Yeah, I considered if anything lower than the 5800X3D would be enough of a step up.
There's also 5900X I'm seeing for cheaper for where I'm at, but I'm reading that this would be better for productivity tasks. I am thinking about working with Blender at some point.

Wild card- sell your AM4 build and go AM5 with a bundle deal. Thats what I did and went 5600 to 7600x which was a nice upgrade with my 7900xt.

winjer

Gold Member

Take a look at the 7950X3D.

Top Bottom