• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radeon 7600 Review thread

MikeM

This GPU generation didn’t need to happen it seems. I’m concerned for the next one now.

SABRE220

Ok seriously amd deserves its terrible position in the market. Nvidia leaves gaps, prices horribly leaving spaces for amd to take initiative and yet they somehow manage to try to put out a shittier product while chasing the greedy path. They could have followed their approach in the ps4 gen..but yeah at this point better start praying for intel to get their act together because amd is beyond hope and nvidia has no competition.

DaGwaphics

^ We can only hope that the N32 chip can offer something (hopefully both the 7800 and 7700 release on that, 7700 is probably not going to be impressive if it is just a higher clocked n33). That and AMD has a tendency to reduce prices over time.

Buggy Loop

AMD doesn’t even need enemies.

Nvidia is leaving the door wide open and AMD chose to not take advantage of it

What a fucked up gen

Akuji

Maybe I'm hyperbolic here but if this continues, people will gladly eat up streaming services in the future. No point in dealing with all of this crap just to play some games.
this affects streaming as well. if they are unable to create faster chips for reasonable prices then the streaming service providers will have to buy more of the expensive chips.
but since utilizastion is much higher in a server setup. ( 1 gpu for 4 people in diffrent timezones on average etc ) u still have a valid point. just wanted to say that its also a negative for streaming services.

Buggy Loop

This is what I don't get, people comparing this card to 4060ti. The 7600 is 20% more powerful than the 6600 it's replacing for a cheaper price the 6600 released, and it's gonna be even cheaper as time passes

It’s a good step up from 6600 because that card was heavily gimped compared to the rest of RDNA 2, to the point that it’s competing a gen behind with the 2060.. with -14% difference with a 3060. So the celebration is that this one is improved from the worst RDNA 2 card. 🤷‍♂️

Now the better AMD choice is called a 6700XT.. even higher performance, +2GB, wide bus width and full PCIe lanes for same price as this now. No DLSS 3 frame gen like differences gen to gen to put an edge of the new shit gen vs last gen if you were to pick a card today on AMD side, just power efficiency.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
A year ago we couldn't buy any card because of the crypto prices.

Now that we can buy a card, all of them are shit.

I don't remember PC gaming being so bad and i got my first build 24 years ago.
Ignoring the 4060Ti, the 40 series has some of the best gen on gen gains we've ever seen. 4090 is nearly a 100% over 3090.

The problem is that they're priced like we're still dealing with a chip shortage and a crypto boom when we're not.

Buggy Loop

Ignoring the 4060Ti, the 40 series has some of the best gen on gen gains we've ever seen. 4090 is nearly a 100% over 3090.

The problem is that they're priced like we're still dealing with a chip shortage and a crypto boom when we're not.

The performance uplift of the 4090 vs 3090 for +7% price increase with inflation is the best goddamn gen to gen deal for flagships…

Now if $1500 3090 was justified to begin with… that’s another debate..

Every cards under 4090 felt like a scam, Nvidia and AMD. It went to shit fast.

Find me a system that can play 4k (whether full pixel count or upscaled) for 650 and let me know, I'm genuinely parts shopping for my brother's PC project right now and I'm at a legit loss here, he plays AAA stuff.

The reason ports are "bad" are mainly down to new console gen pushing min specs up, it's not a coincidence that most of the games that are seen as problematic ports (TLOU/Jedi Survivor/Hogwarts) are all "next-gen only" games, everything is VRAM hungry nowadays it seems.

Also for some reason AMD and Nvidia are both really shitting the bed lately in terms of pricing and product QA.

Any other time and I would agree with all your suggestions, but at this moment in time I have to disagree.

PC parts have gotten far more expensive in terms of frame/$ lately, this isn't the GTX1000 series days where a 1080 or 1070 would last for a long-ass time.

For me it is the 1070 days, I’m sticking with it and just playing newer games on console. PC gaming has been an awful value since the mining craze began. Even cheap software can’t make up for sky high component prices.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
seth meyers ok GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
The performance uplift of the 4090 vs 3090 for +7% price increase with inflation is the best goddamn gen to gen deal for flagships…

Now if $1500 3090 was justified to begin with… that’s another debate..

Every cards under 4090 felt like a scam, Nvidia and AMD. It went to shit fast.
4080 had a similar performance leap compared to 3080 too, it just came with a 50% price bump.

That's my point, this is actually a great generation of cards for nVidia, it's just the pricing that ruins it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

4080 had a similar performance leap compared to 3080 too, it just came with a 50% price bump.

That's my point, this is actually a great generation of cards for nVidia, it's just the pricing that ruins it.

That's really the issue with the entire GPU space. The 7600 isn't a bad card at all. It even performs slightly better than the previous cards it is replacing for the same basic price. It's just that getting new versions of the old cards that cost essentially the same isn't exciting and neither is getting better performance but paying twice as much.

Top Bottom