• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Playstation Account Question

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So we have 2 PS5's, a Pro and An OG PS4, the wee lads best mate in school console has broke and I want to give him the PS4 as it's basically sitting gathering dust in the attic.

I've cleaned it, booted it up, logged into my account and I'm currently filling it with games, assuming he can simply create his own account and the games will be present for him to play on his own account (my account is locked behind a pin)

With the Pro I intend to play Sea of Thieves with my two kids when it releases, hoping to buy a single game and share it between the 3 of us, kinda like what I do with the wee lad on our PS5's.

Question is, am I able to do this? Is there a limitation on how many accounts I can have on consoles and share my game library with? Do all the consoles need to be on the same network in order for this game sharing to work? And finally can I for whatever reason remotely remove/sign out my account from the PS4 if the situation ever changes in the future

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
He will only be able to play the games you've downloaded if that PS4 is set as your "primary console". You can only have one "primary console".

Last edited:

llLeonhart

If you activate the Ps4 you give to your mate he'll be able to play all the games installed in the drive that belong to you.

However the PS4 Pro will only be able to play the games while you're logged into your account.

AFAIK You can be logged in the same account on ps4 and ps5 at the same time, no issues. (I've only done it once though, near the ps5 launch)

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
He will only be able to play the games you've downloaded if that PS4 is set as your "primary console". You can only have one "primary console".

Does that mean I need to go into settings and set the PS4 to primary console, this won't have any affect on our PS5's, as for the Pro, when Sea of Thieves comes out and I want to download it onto that, I'll need to set the Pro to the Primary PS4 and thus his mate will lose access to the games? Is that right?

Does that mean I need to go into settings and set the PS4 to primary console, this won't have any affect on our PS5's, as for the Pro, when Sea of Thieves comes out and I want to download it onto that, I'll need to set the Pro to the Primary PS4 and thus his mate will lose access to the games? Is that right?

Yup. All games tied to your account will be locked on the PS4 once you set it as the primary on the Pro.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does that mean I need to go into settings and set the PS4 to primary console, this won't have any affect on our PS5's
Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping answered your other question, but as for this one: yes you can have both a primary PS4 and a primary PS5, so setting the PS4 as your primary won't change anything on either of your PS5s

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yup. All games tied to your account will be locked on the PS4 once you set it as the primary on the Pro.
Does he have the ability to set the PS4 console to Primary? I want to just cover my bases to see is it worth the hassle or should I just erase the console and hand it over blank and let him go buy a load of 2nd hand games

Does he have the ability to set the PS4 console to Primary? I want to just cover my bases to see is it worth the hassle or should I just erase the console and hand it over blank and let him go buy a load of 2nd hand games

Only if he can log into your account. Otherwise no. I'd just give him the console as is once wiped.

Last edited:
Top Bottom