• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quest 2 speaks for the failures of VR!

No the Quest 2 did not sell 20 million units when that leak came out.

Ah, read the formal Meta devblog now, got it.

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/updates-developers-unreal-engine-5/

But even moreso that this move is about support. Meta gets to trim down the complications of VR Tech Support handling development problems if they set a hardline support level, and they can do that here with Quest 1 basically done and Quest 3 coming up.

Devs already had to switch when they jumped 3 headsets in a 4 year period over at Facebook. They were finally settling in on the Quest 2 and now they are cut off a again.

Unless they protest to another headset make which is unlikely, they will now be forced to update their games, or shift dev support for the upcoming Quest 3, and what is likely the Quest 2 replacement, Ventura, which both will have modern tech more worthy of using UE5 than on the Quest 2 which is currently declining in sales and has a bad retention rate.

I would say while not every game will be impacted, I think this move to UE5 will raise the bar in some aspects for Quest 3 games. Not to mention we still haven't seen a single new game from any of Quests acquisitions since 2019 until now that has been released since those buyouts, and it may be Quest was working internally on games running UE5 the whole time. Who knows.

Your entire point is funny because you don't even have a quote. You're citing an article that summarized a quote at best. There are actual quotes in the article you posted, but you don't even acknowledge that.
Ok yeah, when I saw superdata graph I stopped reading. Superdata is wildly inaccurate. Anyone using that to make any point can just make it to someone else. PSVR1 was already dying by then and nothing else on that list is doing anything. Now it makes sense. You use "quotes" to drive your points that aren't even quotes and superdata.

And even if those numbers were 100% accurate, those are a complete joke to the 20 million sold that we're hearing now. 340k at its launch window? That proves my point even more. So essentially Quest 2 is doing even more than I thought if we take your verge "quote" as gospel. Since none of these quotes seem to be direct, it's easy to say Quest 2 has sold close to 20 million still.

I like how you're now talking about something else I never argued.

You said that the Quest 2 sold over 20M based on a manufactured statement by Android Central who sourced from the Verge, which clearly mentioned headsets and not just the quest 2.

You can jump through hoops and move the goal posts all you want but all of that was fud.

No one said at Metas presentation that quest 2 sold 20M.

Didn't think there were even Meta die hards on this forum, but here you go.

Straight up the Quest 2 is a piece of shit. I don't know or care about "facts"; the Q2 is a stupid piece of shit with a low resolution and a vanishingly tiny sweet spot on account of the fresnel lense. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Also, when you start it up, you have to look at a depressing grey avatar in the mirror because the Zuck thinks you're going to waste time making your own Metaverse avatar

Resenge

Straight up the Quest 2 is a piece of shit. I don't know or care about "facts"; the Q2 is a stupid piece of shit with a low resolution and a vanishingly tiny sweet spot on account of the fresnel lense. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Also, when you start it up, you have to look at a depressing grey avatar in the mirror because the Zuck thinks you're going to waste time making your own Metaverse avatar

Sorry mate, can't get this image out of my head after reading your post :messenger_grinning:

297.png

Top Bottom