• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quake Champions is out of early access on Steam

twilo99

Yeah, its kind of weird but here we are.

There is a perk in the gamepass app that gives you a code to unlock all champions in the game

Danknugz

as a Quake player, when I type quake in my gamepass search bar and see this ... very happy.

it's a nice gesture but they barely tried, no xbox love integration or console support / achievements. they also are trying to take credit for wolfe stein 3d which can be found on abandon ware sites and fits on a couple floppy disks. bringing these titles to console would actually have required work.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Game pass perk all heroes for free.

Quakebros... what the fuck is going on...

Ghd8NZq.jpg
JJDyBx2.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I put a solid 18 months into this. Fantastic game, but I don’t think I’ll jump back in. I always thought this should’ve been included in Doom 2016 & Doom Eternal as their multiplayer component.

Mess

I put a solid 18 months into this. Fantastic game, but I don’t think I’ll jump back in. I always thought this should’ve been included in Doom 2016 & Doom Eternal as their multiplayer component.

Putting a multiplayer designed for kb/mouse in a game deigned for controller would have left doom andys *very* frustrated.

it's a nice gesture but they barely tried, no xbox love integration or console support / achievements. they also are trying to take credit for wolfe stein 3d which can be found on abandon ware sites and fits on a couple floppy disks. bringing these titles to console would actually have required work.

The lack of achievements is the main dealbreaker for me. Lazy as all hell. Xbox/MS used to put forth far more effort into these things, but seems like they stopped caring.

nikos

Had no clue it was in Early Access this entire time. I've played it here and there to get my Instagib fix, but wasn't really a fan of the abilities. I'll probably give it another shot.

Had no clue it was in Early Access this entire time. I've played it here and there to get my Instagib fix, but wasn't really a fan of the abilities. I'll probably give it another shot.
I came up playing in tournaments for Unreal Tournament(OG Versions) LMS Instagib....i just installed Quake Champions after reading your post, bout to boot up lol

nikos

I came up playing in tournaments for Unreal Tournament(OG Versions) LMS Instagib....i just installed Quake Champions after reading your post, bout to boot up lol

I used to play on LMS Instagib servers back in the day as well! I believe I mostly played on one named Mathias Server. Some of the best times gaming I've ever had.

Let me know what you think. I'm probably going to reinstall it as well.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I actually enjoyed this and just forgot about it. Hopefully it gets a decent number of players on Steam.

from the looks of it, thats going to be a no... more people are currently playing Dawn Of War: Soulstorm for example

a 15 year old RTS game, now think about how many people play FPS's games, a free 2 play FPS game vs a 15 year old RTS you have to buy.....

yeah its not doing well...

Last edited:
[/URL][/URL]

from the looks of it, thats going to be a no... more people are currently playing Dawn Of War: Soulstorm for example

[/URL][/URL]

a 15 year old RTS game, now think about how many people play FPS's games, a free 2 play FPS game vs a 15 year old RTS you have to buy.....

yeah its not doing well...
Aww shit, I did install it and got into a couple games but player pool is def lacking. Got murdered but controls feel good honestly. Closest thing I played that feels like an old school multiplayer FPS from the 90s.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Well the game is meant to be played on mouse and keyboard so there is an argument that they should keep it that way, and they can do that and still release it on xbox since that does support m/k
Theres plenty of games that supports keyboard and mouse on console.

Don't see why these shouldn't be able to do that.

Quake 4 was AFAIK on xbox 360. And you could also play quake 2 from the disc

Top Bottom