• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts 2 image leaked

FoysZXW.png

I remember when this was announced I was so excited. Been so long. Almost time!

Chiggs

It's Psychonauts, though, which makes it a must buy head and shoulders above a lot of the overhyped shit this forum loves.

Maybe that's true for tossers like you, but don't speak for everyone.

The sales speak for themselves, twat. Didn't figure out that by reading the post I responded to?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Jpgs from a compressed video of a dev build. Let's not be too harsh now.

I think Psychonauts 2 is shaping up really well. Loved the shit out of the first game, just for the clever level concepts alone.

I swear some of you people live under a rock...
Anyway MS paid for everything including paying off the Fig investors so it's theirs they can do with it what they want.

Its foundation is a last gen game that was being built from the ground up on crowdfunded cash. Development was already well underway when MS purchased them so it's unrealistic to expect it to be a AAA first party title. Unless they just scrap everything and start over which isn't going to happen.

I can’t wait to play this game, never tried psychonauts but now that it’s on game pass I’ll give it a try on PC. I hear it’s one of the best ever 3D platformers, seems to have a cult following

I can’t wait to play this game, never tried psychonauts but now that it’s on game pass I’ll give it a try on PC. I hear it’s one of the best ever 3D platformers, seems to have a cult following
It's an ok platformer. Def. wouldn't say best ever. It just has very cool art direction, music, setting, and awesome writing. It's It's Tim Schaeffer's funniest work since Grim Fandango and it rocks. It was massively underappreciated in it's time, but people eventually came around.

McCheese

Looks nice, I have faith doublefine will do something special with this. Their VR game was really overlooked.

Psychonauts, Beyond G&E, Abe's Odyssey. Maybe a few more.

Games you hear about on forums wanting sequels and more recognition.

Yet sales roll in and hardly anyone buys them.
Hardcore Gamers™ are a minority and have always been major hypocrites.

Sales figures don't lie and that's what's improtant at the end of the day, like John Garvin said in his interview with David Jaffe if you want games to get sequals buy the game you like for full price, 5M sold at full price always looks better on a balance sheet than 15M sold for 20$.

muteZX

Banned
Psychonauts is a magical, unique game. You won't find anything like this in other platforms like Mario, JaK, Ratchet. A game made by an adult dreamer for the similar ones. The game arc is acceptable. Everything else is well above the previously mentioned. My only concern is that the sequel will be a colorful triviality in a conformal generic platformer style.

UnNamed

Banned
"Leaked" means release few images and let's see how people react without any responsibility if things go wrong.

Looks like your average UE4 game.
yeah it does. However, keep in mind this hasnt been promoted as a next gen revelation game. They've been working on it for xone and ps4 era but has been delayed a bunch. I personally don't expect next gen graphics out of it at launch. Possible we'll get an update a few months later i suppose.

ShadowNate

The first one had some really great and fun moments. But also, annoying issues with camera, 3d platforming, and some of the collectibles.
And it may have dragged a bit too long for my taste too.

I'm mildly curious for the new one but definitely won't be jumping on a purchase right away.

Sentenza

"Leaked" means release few images and let's see how people react without any responsibility if things go wrong.
Not even that. These "leaked pictures" are literally screenshots from one of their past trailers. Even the DoubleFine twitter account mocked it and answered posting some LEGIT new screeshots.

Top Bottom