• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

Beaulieu

from gamefaqs

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB
Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List
Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed
Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

Replicant said:
No. The Welcome Back pack expires on July 3rd. So the offer must be claimed before then.

Yes, I understand the WB pack expires July 3rd, but does this apply to the PS+ thing too? Or the PS+ can be activated for 30 days at any time even after July 3rd?

tenchir

What the hell, I tried getting playstation plus 30 days but it gave me errors, so i went back a screen and now it disappeared! What do I do now?

edit: Looks like I got it.

Could someone do me a favor and direct me to a place where I can see how many activations I have left on my PS3? I want to activate my log-in on my brother's PS3, but I think over the past few years I've used up all five spots. Is there a place I can check, either online, or on my PS3 itself?

Bert

OK UK user I have 3 accounts (US/UK/Japan)

On UK account, I have already reset my pwd, sign in, go to Welcome Back offer, get repeated errors on anything I try to select (PSN+ or games)

On US account, try to log in tells me to reset, I press OK get an error

On Japan account tells me PSN is undergoing maintenance.

Is this all correct and I should just try again later?

EDIT: can now see the games and select Free Games, but get "this content cannot be selected" or something then a new error code (80023102) on my UK account.

Argh! Now it's disappeared from PSN, but is in the services thing, but I still get an error. I'm giving up for a few hours and hoping this sorts itself.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FireCloud said:
Sorry, wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. But I bough Dead Nation back in early April and the game I have has audio.

Do you have a paid version without audio or are you saying the free welcome-back version doesn't have audio?

I bought mine because I already picked WipeOut and InFamous for the free games. That's why this is the second time I downloaded the game. I even tried deleting the save.

Replicant

TrojanBlade said:
Yes, I understand the WB pack expires July 3rd, but does this apply to the PS+ thing too? Or the PS+ can be activated for 30 days at any time even after July 3rd?

It has to be activated between now to July 3rd. Because the Welcome Back menu won't be available after that day.

FireCloud

Ookami-kun said:
I bought mine because I already picked WipeOut and InFamous for the free games. That's why this is the second time I downloaded the game. I even tried deleting the save.

I definitely don't think that is the way it is supposed to be. The best part of the game for me is the atmosphere and the audio is a large part of that. Did you look under your option settings to see if the volume had been turned all the way down somehow?

I know I'm not crazy (just what a crazy person would say), but can someone else with Dead Nation verify that they have audio? Or maybe, I got lucky and purchased the limited edition audio included version ;-)

Replicant said:
It has to be activated between now to July 3rd. Because the Welcome Back menu won't be available after that day.

Shit :(((...I won't be able to reap the benefits then as I won't have my PS3 for a month...ok this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infamous is still not showing up for me on the US store...there is only one thing I can think of. I downloaded that trial a long time ago and never completed the full hour. Maybe that's why?

Boss Doggie

FireCloud said:
I definitely don't think that is the way it is supposed to be. The best part of the game for me is the atmosphere and the audio is a large part of that. Did you look under your option settings to see if the volume had been turned all the way down somehow?

I know I'm not crazy (just what a crazy person would say), but can someone else with Dead Nation verify that they have audio? Or maybe, I got lucky and purchased the limited edition audio included version ;-)

Yup, all volumes maxed out. Even have the voice enabled and then disabled.

Gilgamesh

Are the PS+ discounts/freebies hidden or what? Cause looking through the store it doesn't seem like you get shit for it.

Edit: Oh, I see the answer above me.

FireCloud

Ookami-kun said:
Yup, all volumes maxed out. Even have the voice enabled and then disabled.

Well then sorry to hear that, out of respect for you and your mutant game, I'll observe a moment of silence...

Rogerkiller said:
what the hell?!?! now i can´t have my welcome back free games... they simple dissaper ....

what is this sony??!!
People need to read a few posts up. This problem has already been addressed so many times.
Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions

Souther

Banned
So I went onto my UK account and managed to get PS+, and got both Dead Nation and Burnout Paradise. Wasn't able to DL them because I am short on space, but they are on my DL list now so i can get them anytime.

I tried to get a 2nd game but the Welcome back package thing isn't showing up for me anymore. If thats the case 1 out of 2 isn't bad.

Logged into main account(NA) and managed to get PS+ and both the WB things needed so you can get your free games. When i tried getting Wipeout HD it hung for awhile and got an error message. Kept trying but couldn't DL them. Went into my services list and noticed both WB downloads were there, clicked on them both and it looks like you can access your free game downloads from there as well. Tried but i just kept getting error messages.

RPGCrazied

Oh wow. The icon is missing for the PS3 games. After getting LBP, and trying to get so many errors from getting inFAMOUS(didn't get), all I see now is the PSP games.

WTF?

RPGCrazied said:
Oh wow. The icon is missing for the PS3 games. After getting LBP, and trying to get so many errors from getting inFAMOUS(didn't get), all I see now is the PSP games.

WTF?
Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotions

Boss Doggie

FireCloud said:
Well then sorry to hear that, out of respect for you and your mutant game, I'll observe a moment of silence...

You think I should redownload the game again but this time after the PS Store stuff has settled down?

Souther

Banned
Did Sony not consider just how much traffic there would be once all this stuff went up? I think its pretty ridiculous that after all this time and the maintenance posts that they would be prepared for this...

FireCloud

Ookami-kun said:
You think I should redownload the game again but this time after the PS Store stuff has settled down?

I don't know what other option you have. I would delete any game save you might have for the game. Then look under the game data utility and delete any thing there for the game if there is anything there (I don't have access to my PS3 now and can't remember if it puts any data there). Then I would delete the game from the game menu on the XMB.

After that I'd re-download the game from my downloads list. Hope that works for you.

Any one else experience a silent Dead Nation and found a work-around?

Omikaru

Had a few problems, but nothing that couldn't be solved by the instructions on here. In the end I picked Dead Nation, WipEout HD + Fury, LittleBigPlanet (PSP) and Pursuit Force on my EU PSN, and then inFAMOUS and LittleBigPlanet on my US PSN.

I also grabbed Killzone Liberation and Modnation Racers for PSP on my US PSN, but I don't want to go through the trouble of changing my account on my PSP to play them, so I'll wait until I've moved my PSP games to the PSVita before I install them on my current PSP. Though I'm hoping that Sony will allow multiple PSN accounts on the PSVita, as they do with PS3.

Boss Doggie

FireCloud said:
I don't know what other option you have. I would delete any game save you might have for the game. Then look under the game data utility and delete any thing there for the game if there is anything there (I don't have access to my PS3 now and can't remember if it puts any data there). Then I would delete the game from the game menu on the XMB.

After that I'd re-download the game from my downloads list. Hope that works for you.

Yeah that's what I plan to do. And no, it doesn't have any data utility.

Thrakier

Fatal Futanari said:
nope, you can only see this month's stuff. It goes away after a month

But on US PS+ I can at least see the game trials and themes and stuff. On EU PS+ there is almost nothing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
"An error has occurred" at pretty much every turn. AWESOME. Thanks Sony.

Maaseru

Banned
Carl said:
Probably many many many thousands of people trying to get on the store at this point.
I mean I get it, but it is now excuse to me. that a company as big as Sony let something like this happen and then to resolve in such a crappy way. It leaves a lot to be desired, this is no local small company, this is a worldwide company and a ot of developers and such depend of PSN. I don't get how they could let a hack this big happen and even worse I can't believe they have responded in such a half ass manner.

360's RROD was just a small glitch compared to this shitstorm.

Mooreberg

LBP installed. Wipeout package downloading. Errors aside, I'm still pleased with this offering since I already got inFamous as part of a bundle when I bought my system. PSP stuff can just be downloaded and stored on the PS3 right? Wifi on m PSP hasn't worked since several firmware updates ago.

Is there a particular reason people are planning on holding off with activating PSN+? I want the KZ3 maps but is there something really cool being offered in July that people are aware of?

hylje

Any news about the password reset being back again? My wife's account is still not accessible for PSN due it's being still down. :/

Uk free movie rentals:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (also available in HD)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (also available in HD)
House of the Dead II: Dead Aim (also available in HD)

"A crack commando squad investigates a college campus infected with a zombie virus in House Of The Dead 2, a film that boldly continueswhere Uwe Boll's inept first film left off"

OMG... HAHAHA I can't believe it actually says that!

Maaseru said:
I mean I get it, but it is now excuse to me. that a company as big as Sony let something like this happen and then to resolve in such a crappy way. It leaves a lot to be desired, this is no local small company, this is a worldwide company and a ot of developers and such depend of PSN. I don't get how they could let a hack this big happen and even worse I can't believe they have responded in such a half ass manner.

360's RROD was just a small glitch compared to this shitstorm.

yeah, because taking a 360 home and rolling the dice to see if it was gonna live over a year is way better than these network problems we're facing while the network is being hammered.

ElRenoRaven

Monkeylord said:
Uk free movie rentals:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (also available in HD)
Resident Evil: Degeneration (also available in HD)
House of the Dead II: Dead Aim (also available in HD)

"A crack commando squad investigates a college campus infected with a zombie virus in House Of The Dead 2, a film that boldly continueswhere Uwe Boll's inept first film left off"

OMG... HAHAHA I can't believe it actually says that!

Holy crap you guys got ripped off worse then we in the US did movie wise.

Top Bottom