• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I bought PlayStation Plus yesterday. Since I already got all the content they said I wouldn't get I'm really excited to see wether I get the 60 day extension or the 30 day trial. :)

Xamdou

Dled Wipeout, clicked on Activate Full Version Wipeout. Clicked on Wipeout Demo and currently installing.

I am suppose to install the Wipeout demo first before Activating the Full Version or it doesn't matter?

bud

i can't even ''buy'' the welcome back package. i'll try it in the morning, when you guys are all sleeping...

Railer

inFAMOUS install at 85% , gonna pick up Wipeout after it's done.

Question, i got a PSP also. Does this welcome back mean i can ALSO get 2 PSP games on the same account as i use on my PS3?

StuBurns

Banned
Xamdou said:
Dled Wipeout, clicked on Activate Full Version Wipeout. Clicked on Wipeout Demo and currently installing.

I am suppose to install the Wipeout demo first before Activating the Full Version or it doesn't matter?
It doesn't matter what order you do trial/activations in.

Andrefpvs

kinoki said:
I bought PlayStation Plus yesterday. Since I already got all the content they said I wouldn't get I'm really excited to see wether I get the 60 day extension or the 30 day trial. :)

I think you'll get none of those, to be honest.

60 day extension is for Plus members before 20th April.

30 day trial is for non-Plus members.

So yeah.

Hieberrr

Whoa shit... I tried getting the PS3 game #1, but it gave me a cannot connect error or something and then it just disappeared :| Same thing happened with PSP Game 1 :| WTF?!

Xenon

questions

1. How long do we have to partake in the free games?

2. Do they have the same 5 install limit as anything else bought off of PSN?

Carl

Railer said:
inFAMOUS install at 85% , gonna pick up Wipeout after it's done.

Question, i got a PSP also. Does this welcome back mean i can ALSO get 2 PSP games on the same account as i use on my PS3?

Yep

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Andrefpvs said:
I think you'll get none of those, to be honest.

I'll update later tonight or tomorrow depending on whether my gf will let me start the PS3 for anything other than a movie.

iNvid02

i just took everything available to me lol, took about 15minutes and constant error messages but everything ended up under account management just fine.

remember to visit the video store for some crappy hd movies to rent for free

Carl

Xenon said:
questions

1. How long do we have to partake in the free games?

2. Do they have the same 5 install limit as anything else bought off of PSN?

30 days

i assume so, but not 100% sure

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Hieberrr said:
Whoa shit... I tried getting the PS3 game #1, but it gave me a cannot connect error or something and then it just disappeared :| Same thing happened with PSP Game 1 :| WTF?!

Go here:

Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

I shouldve waited until the end of the month to activate psn plus, didnt need it right now, oh well, will try later to dl the games.

StuBurns

Banned
DTLIONS1013 said:
Same here, I just got screwed out of a game.......
For people like myself and this fine gent here...

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmm, well that seems worrying. Unfortunately now I can't even get into Account Management, all just error 80710D36

RPGCrazied

I guess everyone is hitting inFAMOUS. LBP went pretty smooth, but I'm getting errors out the ass trying to get this one, and also getting the message "This content cannot be selected at this time."

feel

I think I'll wait, not really desperate for more games right now so why rush into this clusterfuck. SSHD and Wipeout will be there waiting in a few days after the hordes are done and psn is less clogged.

Are the dynamic themes for keeps after the free ps+ period expires? And what are the musthaves

People I need help!!!

When I went to access the free Pass for PS3 #1 it errord out and I went back to the main Welcome page. But, when I went back the little icon for the first game for the PS3 disappeared.

What should I do?

Dambrosi

Banned
Yes! My InFAMOUS has nearly finished downloading! Can't wait to install that bad boy!

@Letters: Yes, all themes, avatars, free Minis, free PS1 games, and the odd free PSN game (usually those that require separate unlock keys, I've found) are yours forever. Don't fret.

Aru

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but is Welcome Back Package region locked ?
I can't get my free games on my US account.

EDIT: No it isn't. Nevermind, just needed to be patient.

angelfly

Infamous has finished and is now installing. Not that worried about the rest.
TrojanBlade said:
Since I won't be home for a month, can I activate the plus service when I get back? Or do I need to activate it now before July 3rd?
You have until July 3rd

Yeah, my PS3 Game 1 is gone too. Nice job Sony. Don't care if everyone is hitting the store at the same time, you had a nearly two months to prepare for this shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dambrosi said:
Yes! My InFAMOUS has nearly finished downloading! Can't wait to install that bad boy!

I'm at 16% and I got it right when this thing was put up...why does PSN go so slow for me? ;_;

McNum

Woo! WipEout HD (and Fury) and inFamous are both downloading right now!

That was a nightmare to get to work. Error this, error that. Then the icons went missing, then I followed instructions and found them again, then that was full of errors, too. But I was stubborn enough and now the games are coming my way.

I'd say the smart thing to do is wait until tomorrow to download this if you want it to go smoothly. There are a lot of impatient players hammering the servers right now.

Mooreberg

Crewnh said:
Yeah, my PS3 Game 1 is gone too. Nice job Sony. Don't care if everyone is hitting the store at the same time, you had a nearly two months to prepare for this shit.

Read what was quoted incorrectly many times - then go into "Services List" to make it correct. Amazing how much confusion could have been cleared up earlier.

Guys, learn to read the last page or two. If your free PS3 / PSP game Promotion disappeared, try this:

Q: I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

A: If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games.

On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB

Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List

Choose “PlayStation Network Promotions” from the list of services displayed

Select either “PS3 Free Games” or “PSP Free Games” and then choose “Select Content”

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games.

cj_iwakura

Already decided on Wipeout and LBP. Dead Nation looks like a mediocre isometric shooter. Not bad, but I'd rather get those two.

Top Bottom